Stats: 3,178,500 members, 7,904,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (924095 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 2:05am On May 19, 2021
Spectro:

Bro, I'd like to read the SOP you submitted, if you don't mind. It will allow me gain a better perspective of what may actually be going on. And I may be able to give you an idea based on my observation.

I think he listed his salary, talked about his employment letter or maybe talked about apartment in Canada on his sop, because they won’t talk about all dis if u don’t talk about them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by chicaO2(f): 2:06am On May 19, 2021
Hello my people o! Abeg help me with this puzzle. I applied for study visa on May 15th but yesterday evening I got an provincial NOI from the same province I got admission.

So, i'm about to do upfront medicals and biometrics (as required for study permit) on Thurday which also requires updating the study visa application once done.

1. Should I update the SV application with the medicals and Biometrics once done?
2. Will the study visa application affect my chances of federal ITA or conflict it in any way?
3. If YES, Should I withdraw my study visa application now and wait for federal ITA?

I'm following avidly as I have just 1 day to medicals.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 2:06am On May 19, 2021
peruxie:

An immigration lawyer

Was the letter from your cic account

The letter might not be fake.
Do u have access to your cic account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kunfu(m): 3:09am On May 19, 2021
Hello guys, I'm having issue's downloading the forms on my visa application page on my laptop, any advice on what I can do, please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lianna2020: 4:04am On May 19, 2021
I actually submitted my bank statement which is my salary account and also booked accommodation but didn’t pay full tuition .
I used an agent .

Let’s see what experts has to say .

peruxie:
Guys I was sent this today...how can I tackle the 3rd part as there is no way I can pay the full tuition and accommodation when I am not guaranteed an approval.
Also, my salary account is always empty as the statement is being asked for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ilyfavoured: 5:59am On May 19, 2021
Hello, what would you have suggested if it was related to internet installation? Also Certificate or PGCert?

Lekiboboe:

That's 13 years Study Gap since you graduated 2008.
With this development, it is advisable/expected of you to go for a program related to your FIELD ENGINEERING (TELECOMMUNICATION). And if it's related to MECHANICAL ENGINEERING you are good to go for a PG. CERT program related to MECH. ENGINEERING

If I might ask, is your job related to NETWORKING (INTERNET INSTALLATION) i.e LAN, WAN, VSAT, RJ45 etc?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 6:37am On May 19, 2021
Ilyfavoured:
Hello, what would you have suggested if it was related to internet installation? Also Certificate or PGCert?

See it here

PG. Cert Programs related to N+ Internet/Networking/CCNA/Internet Installation/Wireless

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/183#98480855

For an HND holder, Bachelor's degree holder it's a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG. CERT) program they are to go for, not a CERTIFICATE program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 6:42am On May 19, 2021
Kunfu:
Hello guys, I'm having issue's downloading the forms on my visa application page on my laptop, any advice on what I can do, please
Watch this Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omsFzVJgUGs

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by stevedestiny(m): 6:45am On May 19, 2021
Good morning my people.

Abeg where can I go pick up my ielts result?
These people are delaying and deadline to upload for NSE is just 2 days from now.

Please I need suggestion
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Keren12: 6:50am On May 19, 2021
Good morning gurus in the house. Please is it possible for someone to submit a cooperatives fix deposit of 10m for one month statement and a regular account with six month, which will be carrying the inflow and outflow of daily transaction. That's is, two different statements in my name. But the one carry the major money is just 1 month statement while the other one will just carry little ,lets say like 3m but will carry huge inflow and outflow . Can this fly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 6:50am On May 19, 2021
WummieWummie:
Hello house, I have been asked to go for biometric. Please where do I go? Can you be kind enough to direct me on how to go about it?
Go through the CONTENTS in the link below as regards BIOMETRICS (BOOKING etc.)
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/696#101747929

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 7:21am On May 19, 2021
stevedestiny:
Good morning my people.

Abeg where can I go pick up my ielts result?
These people are delaying and deadline to upload for NSE is just 2 days from now.

Please I need suggestion
Thank you

Go to where you wrote the exam with your international passports.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deeteeneey(f): 7:22am On May 19, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Uba
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oyesquare10: 7:36am On May 19, 2021
funky4j:
Hi guys.i need your help .I applied for study visa having gotten admission for bsc.my statement of account , sponsor's statement of acct and letter of English proficiency were among the documents uploaded.afta having gotten appointment for biometrics I got another message from cic that before June 13th I should provide proof of financial service and proof of IELTS test result showing a score of 6.0 or higher.
Guys I need your help ,I tot I wouldn't have to do IELTS afta having provided proof of English proficiency from my school.
Is it the general IELTS or the academic IELTS am supposed to do

You can write anyone convenient for you as they accept the two.
When did you submit your application please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bollybeejay: 7:38am On May 19, 2021
Osaene:

This kinda looks fake to me...did you use an agent?
It baffles me when someone sends an information here and the first question asked is if the person used an agent, the fact that there are fake agents out there doesn't mean you should always give discredit to every other agents, in every profession there are good and bad people, just take your time to meet with the good ones, I'm saying that because I handle applications too and it gets irritating when I see agents being discredited at every slight error, that being said the letter isn't fake and secondly the letter talked about employment letter maybe the applicant claimed to be employed with xxxx company and didn't submit an employment letter to back it up, or he has claimed to work with them before switching to a new job, so they want to confirm if truly he works with them or had worked with them, secondly he was asked for payslip and salary account, I want to believe he used another account and claimed he transferred money from his salary account into the account used, they want to see the account and be sure he earns the amount of salary he claimed in his statement of purpose and lastly about tuition fees and accomodation, if he has paid for a semester I think that should be okay then the accommodation part a GIC account solves that issue, I believe he can pull through in 15 days. My candid advise anything you claim in your application including earned. Salary make sure it's something you can back up with prooofs. Its well

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by stevedestiny(m): 8:21am On May 19, 2021
Thanks alot
Legacyedition:

Go to where you wrote the exam with your international passports.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by canadasool: 8:34am On May 19, 2021
Glory to God! Today makes it 1 month since I gave biometric. Couple of ghost updates and last update was on 16th May. Eligibility and Background review started after BIL.

Baba God na PPR e remain. Please give me this PPR as my birthday/anniversary gift.

Yio dara!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Erica661: 8:44am On May 19, 2021
Guys please I did my upfront medicals in iom Abuja on 27th April and on 6th May they called me that I passed my medicals and that I should be able to see the update on my dashboard but since then I’ve not seen the update yet..what could be the issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shawn55ng: 8:44am On May 19, 2021
B123cyndi:
Pls help
My card was rejected while paying for my gcm note .....verve card tried another card same issue
You have to use either visa or master dollar card and not naira.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ritzzybaron: 8:46am On May 19, 2021
B123cyndi:
Pls help
My card was rejected while paying for my gcm note .....verve card tried another card same issue

Is verve card used for international payments? Your best bet is to use a MasterCard.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 8:51am On May 19, 2021
Please gurus in the house.

Is it possible for me to send an additional documents (bank statement) in support of my SOP I submitted on 11th May?
If yes how can I upload the statement as additional document.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by stevedestiny(m): 8:52am On May 19, 2021
Can I upload a regular bank statement? Since getting a mybankstatement certificate from first bank is an issue.

Any ideas?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by face3t: 8:52am On May 19, 2021
good morning every1
i submited my student visa application on the 13th of this month but i only uploaded my medical payment confirmation as i was yet to go for my medicals.
i just went for my medicals yesterday, how do i upload it to ircc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by chicaO2(f): 8:54am On May 19, 2021
Anyone? Help please. Thanks.

chicaO2:
Hello my people o! Abeg help me with this puzzle. I applied for study visa on May 15th but yesterday evening I got an provincial NOI from the same province I got admission.

So, i'm about to do upfront medicals and biometrics (as required for study permit) on Thurday which also requires updating the study visa application once done.

1. Should I update the SV application with the medicals and Biometrics once done?
2. Will the study visa application affect my chances of federal ITA or conflict it in any way?
3. If YES, Should I withdraw my study visa application now and wait for federal ITA?

I'm following avidly as I have just 1 day to medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OmaJoe1: 8:55am On May 19, 2021
Sorry for asking this.When did you apply?

canadasool:
Glory to God! Today makes it 1 month since I gave biometric. Couple of ghost updates and last update was on 16th May. Eligibility and Background review started after BIL.

Baba God na PPR e remain. Please give me this PPR as my birthday/anniversary gift.

Yio dara!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ritzzybaron: 8:57am On May 19, 2021
Thank you very much for pointing this out. How can someone pay for the services of a “supposed” immigration lawyer... and said lawyer could not do the simple thing of checking their documents. What exactly was the lawyer paid for?!? Because all these could have been avoided from the very beginning. If a person is employed, those are basic documents they are to provide. Let’s say the applicant made an oversight, was the lawyer not meant to point this out??
The truth is that nobody will care and be concerned about your application like you would. All these would have been avoided from the beginning. Imagine going to provide all those, especially the 3rd requirement within 15days. Such stress

It is well. I pray he is able to provide all.

Spectro:

Not sure, although it could be the case (as I did not read the SOP). But based on what I infer from his explanation, he omitted a vital document that provoked further curiosity from the VO. As a self-sponsor, one must show not only sufficient funds, but proof of sources of funds, their inflows and outflows, etc... He omitted his payslips (and judging by the additional request for employment letter, his employment letter too), but he can resolve that.

The VO launched the three-fold demands because he has concerns about his source of income. The whole accommodation and tuition ish would have been avoided if, from the start, he had included his payslips and a very good explanation for why money is constantly moved from his salary account to another personal account. (He didn't submit his salary account). Submitting his salary account from the start, along with his personal account, would have allayed possible suspicions, since the VO would be able to study both bank statements and come to an understanding that moneys were indeed transferred from one account to the other.

It is quite possible that the VO has doubts that the applicant is truly working for the company stated and earns salaries from the company. I want to believe the applicant is telling the truth. Therefore, with all necessary documents, it can be rectified

But he has a good lawyer (since he is a licensed immigration lawyer, I want to believe). So I'm sure he's in safe hands.

As an adviser, however, I think your lawyer has done a poor job so far. Some documents are very imperative when it comes to Visa application, and your advisor committed a grave oversight.

(Which brings me to the question: Can a licensed immigration lawyer be this inept, or is there something you are not saying?)

Either way, my prayers are with you. I wish for you the very best experiences in life, just as much as I wish for myself.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by maestro09: 8:58am On May 19, 2021
Please is it possible for additional documents(NSE) provided to be reviewed before review of eligibility begins?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 9:04am On May 19, 2021
Somebody asked how to pay tuition fee from flywire generated transfer wire details for school through Form A. Sorry I couldn't locate it.

Have gotten the information and is as follow:

Step 1: Download flywire app and create account, putting your details.

Step 2: click on new payment on the app

Step 3: select your institution

Step 4: select institution Tuition and fees, then click on start payment

Step 5: select from there the payment will come from( in this case Nigeria or where it will come from), put the amount to be paid and click next

Step 6: you will see following options; online bank Transfer and Debit/credit, don't select them, instead click on I want to pay in another currency.

Step 7: select international bank transfer in Canada( service fee will be charged) or the the currency you want to use pay.

Step 8: put in your details and click next.

Step 9: put your university admission details, and click next.

Step 10: Peruse through the informations filled and ensure that all is correct before proceeding.

When you now do all that, a payment ID and wire transfer details will be created a d send to you, which you will now use to go to bank and fill in the details in form A.

Then wait for debit from your account, once your account is debited, it will be credited into flywire account, who will now send your money to your bank.

Please the payment ID is important, ensure that bank uses it when filling the form.

They day the money was from her account, flywire was debited and it was sent to the school same day.

Hope this will help.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iffylove: 9:05am On May 19, 2021
Thank you
AKANLE2:

I think it should be married- physically present
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iffylove: 9:06am On May 19, 2021
Thank you
NEYOT88:
Marriage -Physically present

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Intrepid01(m): 9:10am On May 19, 2021
Imagine, did medicals on the 21s of April but just got updated in my account as passed this morning. Eligibility and background check have been running for close to 2 months now without any feedback.

Hmmm Afi Suuru!....Patience does it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 9:17am On May 19, 2021
Erica661:
Guys please I did my upfront medicals in iom Abuja on 27th April and on 6th May they called me that I passed my medicals and that I should be able to see the update on my dashboard but since then I’ve not seen the update yet..what could be the issue?

I’d suggest you start sending your e-medical slip via web form and email to IRCC.
Maybe 2 web forms per day

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (736)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67