Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,266 members, 7,974,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:42 PM

50 Children Exposed To Danger After Santa Claus Tests Positive For COVID-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 50 Children Exposed To Danger After Santa Claus Tests Positive For COVID-19 (155 Views)

Bala Mohammed Tests Positive For COVID-19 / LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus / Santa Claus Collapses And Dies In Front Of Children At School Christmas Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

50 Children Exposed To Danger After Santa Claus Tests Positive For COVID-19 by crazynation(f): 10:31am On Dec 19, 2020
Santa Claus and Mrs Claus may be responsible for at least, the infection of 50 children with Coronavirus in George, United States.

A couple whose names were not revealed appeared at an annual Christmas parade and tree-lighting ceremony in Ludowici, George on December 10, dressed as Santa Claus and Mrs Claus.

Two days after the event, the couple tested positive for Coronavirus.

A report posted on social media by the Long County Board of Commissioners showed that at least 50 children attended the event, and many sat on the Santa.

In some cases, Santa was seen posing with the children without his mask on

The Chairman of the Long County Board of Commissioners, Robert Parker said the couple did not have symptoms of Coronavirus at the time of the event, which was organized by the Long County Chamber of Commerce.

Parker urged the people not to panic, added that “I want to further emphasize that no children were forced to attend the events and that choice was left solely in the hands their parents.

“I have personally known both ‘Santa’ and ‘Mrs Claus’ my entire life and I can assure everyone that they would have never knowingly done anything to place any children in danger.”

“My children both had their picture made with Santa, and their smiles were bigger than any day when they head off to school, where the same risk of exposure exists,” Mr Parker added.

The Commissioners have advised parents who were at the event to quarantine their children for 14 days and following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

He added in the statement that, “I believe I speak for the majority of them in saying that we still stand by the decision of the chamber to move forward with these holiday traditions and to bring some sense of normalcy to these trying times.”

Meanwhile, since the revelation, the couple claimed they have been bamboozled with hate mails from unknown persons.

“I have had hate mail nationwide,” he said. “They’re all from out of state. The local outrage has been minimal.”

Georgia has 479,340 confirmed cases with a daily average of 4,086 in the last 14 days.

This incident happened on the day Georgia recorded a significant increase in new cases of the virus.

Read more: https://tstga.com/world/usnews/50-children-exposed-to-danger-after-santa-claus-tests-positive-for-covid-19/#ixzz6h3plrL7B
Twitter: @tsga0
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tstga1

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Advises Regions To Limit Public Gatherings Amid COVID-19 Spike / Raise Your Consciousness With Yoga For Depression / US To Study Allergic Reactions From Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.