Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:39 PM

Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) (62440 Views)

Stop Killings In Nigeria - Oba Ogunji, Benin Republic Chief Tells FG / Solomon Ogunji Is Dead / Gov Ikpeazu Appoints 18-year-old, Chineme Ota As 2018 One-day Abia Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by fujirice: 9:14pm On Dec 19, 2020
Dovegrey:
Young man please tell police to arrest ikpu-azu grin grin grin

grin grin grin

... and start the impeachment processes cool
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by Naijaarchive(m): 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
When this one start again...

Seriously nairaland needs emoji upgrades
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by LadySarah: 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
michresakidjo:

Sounds like a Yoruba name meaning "Ogun , god of iron is awake".I stand corrected please!!!

I JUST ASKED.
OGU IS EQUITY OR FAIRNESS
NJI.TO HOLD
SO OGUNJI MEANS UPHELD WITH /IN EQUITY.
OFO OR OGU IS THE SYMBOL OF EQUITY AND ROYALTY IN IGBOLAND.
THEY EITHER ANSWER OFORJI OR OGUNJI.BOTH MEAN THE SAME.

3 Likes

Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by DAVE5(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2020
mytime24:
If d guy sharp
Him for seize power cheesy

Overtaking is allowed grin

Them go cut him prick give an to chop make him do fem
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by YorubaMod(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2020
Akunatakasi:

we done notice you... error detector
Mumu, I learned from her too.
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by SavageMaster: 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
IamHeWrites:
A 17-year-old student of Adventist Technical Secondary School, Ohafia, Abia State Nicholas Ogunji played his role as one-day governor of the state by, among other things, freeing some inmates at Afaraukwu Correctional Centre, Igbere TV reports.

Abia State Governor Okezie Ikpeazu tweeted on Friday evening that Mr Ogunji was the third one-day governor in his five-year-old administration.

https://twitter.com/GovernorIkpeazu/status/1339980185161129986?s=20

Mr Ikpeazu further explained the rationale behind the policy.

https://twitter.com/GovernorIkpeazu/status/1339980199782432768?s=20

In Lagos, a 16-year-old student of Angus Memorial Senior High School Jemimah Marcus will become a one-day governor after winning the state’s Spelling Bee competition.

The boy get swags. See his pose as he's about to enter the jeep.

Nice gesture in paying the fines. Many of these inmates should have been out of prison a long time ago. Some others don't even deserve to be there in the first place

1 Like

Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by bptc10: 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2020
Ogunji is an Igbo name
paulsoniv:

Afonja rii grin grin grin
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by bptc10: 9:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
The name is Igbo not Yoruba[Qquote author=nedekid post=97238729]
Are you Supprised?
Lots of Yoruba's stay in the east. Way back when I was younger, the lady that did dad's C of O at asaba delta state was a yoruba woman, married to a yoruba man. They owned their house and all their kids were asaba natives.
Abia nko, during nysc my goons and I from Lagos had our steady amala joint,( just like the one at shitta) there in aba. Infact the Yoruba population then in Aba, Imo was something else. Most coppers from the SW ended up marrying and remaining there. Guiness had a big plant then at aba so lots of Yoruba workers lived there.
As for Port harcourt, that one is another matter. It is owned by SW folks. They are the "developers" there. They control oil industry. My paddy since we left uni ibadan got his first job there and till today, raised his family there. (boy that had never left ibadan before).
[/quote]
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by bptc10: 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
The name is Igbo not Yoruba
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by wumi2017(f): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
grin grin
paulsoniv:

Afonja rii grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by sreamsense: 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2020
Well, done Ogunji, keep working harder, God will keep guilding your path. Next time; that one day should just be used to declare Kanu wanted and his nefarious Ipob members before you handover to next governor of the state and python dancers for continuity
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by Fmghewzy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2020
YorubaMod:
nigeria and their usual nonsense,
Which one is one-day-governor, mtcheewww.

It happens everywhere dumbass!!
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by YungMillionaire: 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hope the gov. does not infect the young lad with KERSOSENE spirit.
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by EmmanuelBanks: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
[quote author=osamz007 post=97229918][/quote]

this ur meme is soo funny I swear

Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by Dollanaira: 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hmm
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by FemiOyewoleGCFR(m): 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2020
[quote author=mytime24 post=97233417]If d guy sharp
Him for seize power cheesy

Overtaking is allowed grin[/quo

Asin...
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by codedphyness(m): 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
oluseyiforjesus:
Hw does it feel boy to sit on dat sit?
I wish youth take over Nigeria
His face look like his hrt, innocent n lovely face

seat
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
Dovegrey:
ur left Yash there.lol
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by YorubaMod(m): 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
Fmghewzy:

It happens everywhere dumbass!!
Stupid pig, of course, u will shamelessly support ur fulani masters.
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by tundeport(m): 10:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
As governor vacant their set for one day l,pls let everybody including dangote,otedola, zenith oga and every Nigerian do so to be fun of day,am ready to be one day ambassador for all kids all over African country, even,valgarnizer to make their children experience that day,both driver,put your child at the front sit,no one should be in that sit for the day while d Dad drive,after children take pictures with streering.without move the vehicle....
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by SirBunky85(m): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
Moferere:

E shock you?
he's the son of late commissioner for environment-engr.Solomon ogunji

2 Likes

Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by nedekid: 11:12pm On Dec 19, 2020
bptc10:
The name is Igbo not Yoruba[Qquote author=nedekid post=97238729]
Are you Supprised?
Lots of Yoruba's stay in the east. Way back when I was younger, the lady that did dad's C of O at asaba delta state was a yoruba woman, married to a yoruba man. They owned their house and all their kids were asaba natives.
Abia nko, during nysc my goons and I from Lagos had our steady amala joint,( just like the one at shitta) there in aba. Infact the Yoruba population then in Aba, Imo was something else. Most coppers from the SW ended up marrying and remaining there. Guiness had a big plant then at aba so lots of Yoruba workers lived there.
As for Port harcourt, that one is another matter. It is owned by SW folks. They are the "developers" there. They control oil industry. My paddy since we left uni ibadan got his first job there and till today, raised his family there. (boy that had never left ibadan before).

Ok. Never knew igbos bear ogunji.
I Google the name and lost of the folks are Yorubas.
Eg

Olabanjo Alexander Ogunji a footballer.

Wura-Natasha Ogunji a renowned artist.
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by saintruky(m): 11:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
ahnie:
Don't ever expect such from gov okowa of Delta State....him own na how to build fruit stand naim be him consign.

He don build fruit stand full asaba?

Be like he observe say asaba pipo lack vitamins grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by Deblow: 11:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
The boy should have used the one day grease the palms of the legislature to commence impeachment proceedings against Ikpeazu, or alternatively get him arrested and locked up since he's been stripped of his immunity for that period.
Other governors would have learnt a lesson and stop this comedy of the absurd henceforth
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by OdefaGirl(f): 1:03am On Dec 20, 2020
Ofemmanu1:
Ogunji??

Are you thinking what am thinking grin grin
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by subcbouy: 1:50am On Dec 20, 2020
If I was the bouy I would have declared all political elites in Abia state arrested.
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by Godbless3(m): 4:05am On Dec 20, 2020
Dovegrey:

Where you keep your sense bro.... I burst out laugh when i see your comment. You wicked die.
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by umarshehu58(m): 5:52am On Dec 20, 2020
I FEAR OUR NORTHERN GOVERNORS WITH LUST FOR POWER, THEY WILL NEVER DO SUCH. VERY USELESS SETS OF OLD CROOKS
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by EmekaA125(m): 6:40am On Dec 20, 2020
PDP should forget Abia State 2023 owing to regrettable failure of OUK, TA Orji and Okezie Ikpeazu's administrations.

Ndi Abia deserve unreserved apology from the duo for bad governance which has left the state in a sorry state.

Ebonyi in the same SouthEast should be a reference point to Abians why they should endeavour to get it right next election regardless of political inclination of most qualified guber candidate.
Re: Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) by Ofemmanu1: 6:46am On Dec 20, 2020
nedekid:

Are you Supprised?
I thought they used to say SE is a potorpotor place not fit for living?!
So I wondered WTF is a Yoruba man doing in that region..
..Your remark changed my view about SE.

Thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho: Fulani Man Shot At Me, Another Brought Out An Axe / Thug Shot Dead At Ago Palace Lagos As Voters Beat, Chase Another Thug With Dogs / Soldiers Chased By Unknown Gunmen In Anambra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.