Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,345 members, 7,891,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:39 PM

2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals (1056 Views)

2023 Presidency: Anyim, Whom The Cap Fits / 2023 Presidency: Anyim Pius Anyim Declares Interest / Can Atiku Actualize 27-Year Ambition Of Becoming The President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:04am On Dec 20, 2020
2023: How Igbos can actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals

A former President of the Senate, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim has opined that Nigerian President of Igbo extraction in 2023 would only be made possible if the various segments of the people of the region constructively and creatively engage their counterparts from other parts of the country, Igbere TV reports.

The engagement, according to him will engender confidence and create opportunity for making the necessary compromises to secure their support and votes.

Speaking during a lecture he titled: Identifying the political interest of the Igbos of the South-East Geo-Political Zone in Nigeria and Strategies for It's actualization at the 6th World Igbo Summit held in Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State at the weekend, the former Secretary to Government of the Federation reiterated that the Igbo Presidential ambition can never be a gift, noting however that the concept of equal citizenship means that the nation, its resources and leadership belong to all Nigerians.

"The fair application of this equality of rights concept is what guarantees the cohesion of every society, particularly a multi-ethnic nation like Nigeria.

According to him, "The peace, prosperity and general progress of every country is dependent on how institutions are strengthened to ensure equality before the law. In recognition of the above, it is essential to note that no particular individual or group owns the leadership of the country and so nobody gives it", he stated.

Further, Senator Anyim said, "Many are of the view that power is not given but taken and the only way to win power in a democracy is by persuasion and through the ballot box.

Accordingly, we note that in the exercise of the voters right of choice under the law, the voter is protected from coercion. And so, to persuade another to exercise his right in your favour, you must seek his cooperation and alliance.
I recommend that in our engagement with other zones and peoples, our tone must reflect negotiation, not antagonism. It must be one of friendship and not disdain or disrespect. It must show our willingness to enter into an enduring and lasting relationship for long term interest of all the parties", he strongly maintained.

Anyim concluded by observing that producing a President of Nigeria of South-East extraction demands a lot of work from every segment of the Igbo nation.

"I therefore use this platform to call on all and sundry to rise to the occasion. The task is achievable if approached collectively and adequately, adding;

"to strengthen the capacity of the Igbos of the South-East geo-political zone to negotiate and ultimately win the Presidency, there is an urgent need for civic and voter education to increase voter turnout.

Anyim further regrettably observed that "The South-East is currently the zone with the least voter turnout, and this should change. Institutions like the World Igbo Summit should actively promote voter education and civic engagement."

He therefore concluded by noting that every Igbo organization and association should arise and promote voter education and civic engagement.

"I call on each and everyone of us to stand to be counted", he beckoned!

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1376004/2023-igbos-can-actualize-presidency-anyim-reveals/

1 Like

Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 20, 2020
anyim Pius anyim

wake up from.your dream
Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Vidsolution79: 7:10am On Dec 20, 2020
U hear him
Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by oyin44: 7:14am On Dec 20, 2020
Looming danger ahead grin idle bastards
Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Skmoda360(m): 7:15am On Dec 20, 2020
We Don hear
Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by BigSarah(f): 7:17am On Dec 20, 2020
That's the truth most igbos don't come out to vote, election day to most is bad market. Because businesses gets grounded. Nonetheless for fairness and equity SE should have a swig at it, but 2023 is free for all regions

1 Like

Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by omenka(m): 7:20am On Dec 20, 2020

...if the various segments of the people of the region constructively and creatively engage their counterparts from other parts of the country..
This is impossible. The only engagement known to a huge majority of them, especially those who prowl nairaland day and night, is curses and insults. Anything outside that amounts to "cowardice" and "slavery".

Smh.

1 Like

Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by SlurUsername1: 7:23am On Dec 20, 2020
This is day dreaming.. As a bonafide Igbo man from Anambra state I don't want the presidency like this OSU here. Biafra or death
Any Igbo man talking of restructuring or presidency is an okoro, hausa fulani slave

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Flexherbal(m): 7:25am On Dec 20, 2020
The best contribution any man can make in life is to make the world and your environment better
Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Simplyleo: 7:36am On Dec 20, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
This is day dreaming.. As a bonafide Igbo man from Anambra state I don't want the presidency like this OSU here. Biafra or death
Any Igbo man talking of restructuring or presidency is an okoro, hausa fulani slave
As a fellow igbo man, I agree with you.

Also, as a worshipper of ohamadick lamidi cownu, I refuse to accept Buhari as my president.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by powerkey: 7:44am On Dec 20, 2020
Yamiriflathead:

Youre a Yoruba not Igbo..

Leave Igbo's to sort themselves

3 Likes

Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by powerkey: 7:46am On Dec 20, 2020
Simplyleo:

Also, as a worshipper of ohamadick lamidi cownu, I refuse to accept Buhari as my president.

Yoruba's with your inferiority complex.

Una no dey tire?

1 Like

Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by SlurUsername1: 7:46am On Dec 20, 2020
Simplyleo:

Our Lord and personal savior is out to liberate us from the subjugation and ewedunization of hausa fulani and Yoruba muslims.
The ESN rebel group would soon commence operation crocrodile tears on infidels and we will match around zoogeria like the children of Israel did when they took over Jericho and the shackles of the fulani shall be broken into pieces. All this will happen whilst Nnamdi kanu commands us from the diaspora.
All hail the king of the ipob Jews Mazi Nnamdi Kanu!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Brooklynsouth(f): 8:04am On Dec 20, 2020
Ewedu miscreants are already here on seeing igbo as the topic no wonder alot of mad people are seen in that region

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Twutin: 10:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
They will just be puppets.
Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by IamWonderful: 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
No to baby factory
Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Okoroawusa: 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Anyim you have said nothing but the truth but are we going to listen?

That's is where the problem lies.
Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by yarimo(m): 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
Mr Anyim Pius anyim it is not yet time for any actualisation for now, may be in the next 70 to 80 years.
Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Bonesking(m): 12:15am On Dec 21, 2020
Anyim the sellout. Dude deserves to be stoned for always shortchanging Igbo interest. Patriot in the morning but IPOB sponsor at night.

Let Anyim tell Ndigbo what we gained in the 16 years of PDP support. Anyim should tell us why we had zero infrastructural development under GEJ despite having the ears and eyes of the Presidency.

Anyim should tell us his pact with Obasanjo which denied Ndigbo the VP slot in 2007. Anyim and other PDP SE Godfathers should tell us how he helped destroyed Igbo political growth by being used by Obasanjo to form MASSOB in 2002 which culminated to IPOB and the lost of interest of our people to national elections.
Re: 2023: How Igbos Can Actualize Presidency - Anyim Reveals by Dedetwo(m): 3:50am On Dec 21, 2020
Why wouldn't these overfed fools leave Ndigbo out of their silly dreams of the shithole presidency?

(1) (Reply)

Over 100 Herdsmen, Countless Cows Killed In Ogun – Seriki Fulani / Ned Nwoko, Regina And Their Son Munir Nwoko Aboard A Private Jet - Photo / IPOB/MASSOB Asylum: Offer To Protect Those Who Need It, UK Replies Federal Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.