Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,064 members, 7,977,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 06:22 PM

Greatest Rapper Of All Time - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Greatest Rapper Of All Time (1087 Views)

Poll: Who is the G.O.A.T - Greatest of all time? Choose

Nas: 30% (6 votes)
Jay Z: 25% (5 votes)
Eminem: 45% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Greatest Rapper Alive / Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? / Tha Source Magazine Interviews Greatest Rapper On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greatest Rapper Of All Time by Mobinga: 1:28am On Mar 27, 2011
Theres only one goat, not goats, and that sir is Nasir Jones. Nas.
Here's a quote from him.

"There is no best or greatest MC. Should never happen, doesn't make sense," he said in a blog post. "It makes sense temporarily when you're striving to be number one. It makes sense for [the fans] to see that, but you have a long run to be the greatest. To me, people already felt like they were [the greatest] in more ways than they should have and I think that hurt them. There is no greatest of all time. We won't know that until we're 60 years old. I think there will be like four to five great ones at the end of the day, but there will be none that's greater than the other. Impossible, [Jay-Z] is the one that smacks everybody in the face that's out there and wanted to say what he wasn't and what he couldn't do. The challenge is that people always count you out and even when you have a hit record and put out a hit album, you're gonna have people dissing you. I think he's showing you: I won't be stopped ever. And that's motivation for everyone else."
- Nas

That quote alone makes him the greatest!

Vote Ha!
I'm leaving out the Pacs, BIGs, Rakims, Slick Ricks, Mos defs, black thoughts, KRS Ones, Kwelis, Commons etc from this. Much respect to them.

Leaving Eminem out of the polls would be uncivilized. You get?

-----------------------------------------------
Your comments?
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by tosinaded(m): 3:31am On Mar 27, 2011
Soulja boi, wacka floka, plies, gucci mane are all the greatest! grin
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by mikuz(m): 6:53am On Mar 27, 2011
Sharap there! Drake is the greatest!
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by Mobinga: 9:05am On Mar 27, 2011
I forgot to add
"IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RAP/HIP-HOP, PLEASE DO NOT VOTE, WE DON'T NEED YOUR TYPES"
I see lots of people voting for FEminem, when I get to a pc imma delete him from the polls. He doesn't even deserve a top 7 spot.
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by tosinaded(m): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2011
Mobinga i personaly think u av issues wiv wut u biliv and wut u dnt biliv!
Why did u put eminem on the list if u dnt want him there?
Are u confused or sumtn?
U just go about nairaland and twitter shoutn dis is wack, dat is wack, dis is not hiphop, dat is not hiphop. . . .
U prob dnt know abt hiphop, or u prob think u know more than every1
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by yinkalink(f): 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2011
Jay Z.
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by Ibime(m): 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2011
Am mobile so I can't see no poll there.

However, rest assured, if the likes of Big Pun, Big L are not on the list, just delete the bombarclaaat poll.
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by Bamsyle2(m): 9:00am On Mar 28, 2011
2Pac.

Yeah I said it . . . shoot yourself tongue
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by yulad(m): 12:05am On Mar 29, 2011
Eedris Abdulkareem. With a straight face.
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by Mobinga: 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
tosinaded@:

Mobinga i personaly think u av issues wiv wut u biliv and wut u dnt biliv!
Why did u put eminem on the list if u dnt want him there?
Are u confused or sumtn?
U just go about nairaland and twitter shoutn dis is wack, dat is wack, dis is not hiphop, dat is not hiphop. . . .
U prob dnt know abt hiphop, or u prob think u know more than every1

What the hell.

I am the definition of Hip Hop. I've set up a petition that Oxford should add Mobinga as a synonym of Hip Hop.

I live Hip Hop. I don';t like the wack shit errone is putting out these days.

They are in a position to give me music, I am in a position to criticise the WACK!

If I was God I'd kill all the WACK!
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by dawhizkid1(m): 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2011
Mobinga:

I forgot to add
"IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RAP/HIP-HOP, PLEASE DO NOT VOTE, WE DON'T NEED YOUR TYPES"
I see lots of people voting for Eminem, when I get to a pc imma delete him from the polls. He doesn't even deserve a top 7 spot.

I am sooooo sorry for U. . . *in Sauce Kid's Voice*
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by A40(m): 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2011
I would start by scratching out Pac and Biggie

Consistency!! He is the only living rapper clearly bigger than rap and none of these new rappers are even fit to lace his boots never mind take over from Young Hova

Jay-Z all day!
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by eldee(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
LOL @ Soulja boi, Wacka Floka, 2Pac, Plies, Gucci Mane being the greatest rapper of all time. grin grin

But I'm leaning towards Hova, he perfected what Biggie did, he's not only consistent but has managed to siglehandedly stay influential through different eras of hiphop.

Relevance?? We hear KRS-One and the other oldies talk, no one listens. . .  but check this, who kills a new fad with his 11th album?? That's some Bono status maynne.

Mic skills?? And you can't say he's not good with the technical part of hiphop, he's adapted with time. You'll be silly to question his verse on Most Kings or Power (Remix). I listened to Rakim's last album and I was laughing at how basic his rhyme skills are . . . that ish is outdated man.

Commercial success. . . we talk about how the internet has been bad for sales, well Jay-Z is second only to Eminem in recent album sales . . . so no comment. grin

If you say Em, Nas, or Biggie, I won't argue.
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by Mobinga: 11:08am On Mar 31, 2011
^^^ Out of 8000 posts. That's your only sensible post.

GBAM
COSIGN
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by dammizz(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
Em is the goat maen
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by Henryolnga: 9:00am On Apr 01, 2011
I would like "Pac" which is the wonderful. I would say that There is no competitive singer of him . I have also great feeling when I listen to him . Thanks
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by Fred87(m): 5:46am On Apr 02, 2011
Henryolnga:

I would like "Pac" which is the wonderful. I would say that There is no competitive singer of him . I have also great feeling when I listen to him . Thanks
Guy u must b a genius wif typin lol!! #gbagaun eeezz
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by Brisingr(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
kanye west grin
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by alisigwe(m): 11:05am On Apr 04, 2011
Nas
Re: Greatest Rapper Of All Time by Mobinga: 11:09am On Apr 04, 2011
^ You are wise.

(1) (Reply)

New Song: Waje- I Wish and many More new songs !!!! Download Now / Stv Confirm Barb West Was Sign On Marvin Record This Morning. / Album Review : Download Taylor Swift – Red (2012)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.