Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,266 members, 7,887,773 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:40 PM

I Want To Go Back To Africa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Want To Go Back To Africa (1682 Views)

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African / If Black Caribbeans And African Americans Wish To Return To Africa? / Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Go Back To Africa by dellnet: 9:59am On Mar 27, 2011
I want to sell everything I have and go back to Africa. I have a job coming up in Nigeria after the Country's election in April 2011 so I am thinking with my little savings, and my properties that I will sell plus the little money I will get from the job in Nigeria I would like to continue in Africa. I know much about Nigeria but I don't know much about other African countries. The most I need is constant electricity, hi speed internet and banks that have links to visa card, mastercard, amex and the variant networks. I am not really keen on staying in my fathersland (Nigeria). I am thinking of South Africa. I know that in Nigeria it is somewhat difficult to assimilate and get accepted into other societies that are not mine. For example most people leave their homeland to other parts of Nigeria for work / business purpose only but then every now and then they have to go back to their homeland for christmas, funeral, naming ceremony, holiday etc.

I am seeking for a society that I can easily integrate and get accepted into just like it is easy to integrate into the american society or some part of the European society. Where is my best bet in Africa? my colleague told me to sop thinking about this. I would appreciate any reasonable input that would help me see where to live a 21th century "globalized life" in Africa.
Re: I Want To Go Back To Africa by Thirst4Lif: 2:38am On Apr 01, 2011
Good luck with this venture. The best word I can think to describe Africa is 'complicated.'

But if you are determined I am sure you will thrive.
Re: I Want To Go Back To Africa by adonisgold: 9:31pm On Apr 01, 2011
Africa is not politically stable.

I still live here though, but I have never known better,

For you it might be more difficult to adapt.
Re: I Want To Go Back To Africa by eddy1977(m): 1:00am On Apr 02, 2011
Namibia
zambia
swaziland
mauritius
gabon
kenya

start with those.mind the language in mauritius,its francais.
Re: I Want To Go Back To Africa by opory: 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2011
gambia. ;d
Re: I Want To Go Back To Africa by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 26, 2011
Cross river state would be good for someone like you. Good places abound in Nigeria where you can chill and settle down like Zamfara,Sokoto,Kogi,Kwara,Akwa ibom,Osun etc
Fact is anywhere you dey even inside fish belle if you have not dealt prayerfully with your foundation. Then evil can catch up with you.
Never underestimate the idolatry Africa's forefathers had covenants with. Bluetooth na small thing, na WideAreaNetwork dey operate,so seek the face of God b4 any adventure. No need to fear(that isn't my motive) just read Psalm 91.

(1) (Reply)

Black American Meeting His Parents For The First Time / Ile-ife - City Of 201 Gods(2). (Ile-Ife And The Ancient Kingdom Of Benin) / Ladies Only: The Virtuous Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.