Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,900 members, 7,886,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:19 AM

My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) (55449 Views)

Severe Turbulence On Plane Flying From London To Singapore Leaves 1 Dead (Video) / My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore / Pictures From My Trip To Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by Gerrard59(m): 11:12am On Dec 23, 2020
priestcharm:
TO think Singapore got independence three years after Nigeria did is enough slap to our face. Singapore's standard is way too much. Let's even talk about Malaysia,singapore's neighbour, these two countries share SAME border yet you see flies in Malaysia while you will never see one nor mosquito in singapore. Malaysia is tag a developing nation but men, the level of development in malaysia, it will still take Nigeria 20 years to reach their level talk more of Singapore. Plenty things to say but I rest my case for now

Five years actually (1965) and she is the only country in modern history to get independence against her will.

Nice pictures @OP and Good4all40 (thanks for explaining those immigration policies and general laws about Singapore). Thirteen years ago, it was visa free to Nigerians but when our people started carrying drugs en-mass, she removed the privilege.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by Alexpetra: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
I didn't even know what to say again... how did they get from here to there, and we got from there to here??
Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by Fidelismaria: 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
Cc Disguy and justwise, stop moving travel threads to FP, they always end up getting derailed. Just leave them for travel section.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by DisGuy: 12:44pm On Dec 23, 2020
Fidelismaria:
Cc Disguy and justwise, stop moving travel threads to FP, they always end up getting derailed. Just leave them for travel section.

True, unfortunately some OP want their threads to have a lot of inputs and some Supermods think it's front page worthy...so really not entirely upto Mods
Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by Fidelismaria: 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
DisGuy:

True, unfortunately some OP want their threads to have a lot of inputs and some Supermods think it's front page worthy...so really not entirely upto Mods

Okay, thanks for the reply.
Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by Goodman247: 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
humilitypays:
Nigeria can never get it right any day, stop hoping. Nigeria is a black African nation, the highest they can achieve is Lagos, Owerri, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, Benin, Asaba level. Its their destiny.

The best you can do for yourself if you want a working nation and environment is to plan yourself and migrate out of Nigeria to your dream city where you can succeed and also give your kids a better opportunity in life.

Nigeria as a nation can only get worst than it is now as years roll by.

If you doubt me, in 2023 despite the endsars noise the youths made, they will still act as thugs that will help elect useless President and Governors and Senators.

Tinubu, another criminal minded selfish politician is warming up to become President without shame and some youths are already drumming support for him out of tribal religious sentiments and you expect to get where

Some will say Nigeria will be great again as if there was a time Nigeria was a great country Of course when a child is born, the parents and relatives always hope the child would be successful and great at the childhood stage but as adulthood sets in, the child will show what he can become...so in the 70s and 80s Nigeria was still like a newborn baby the world was expecting much from it making it look like it was doing well then, Nigeria has never done well since 1960. All the leaders from Zik to Tafawa to Buhari are all wicked criminals. Rogues and demons in power!

Quit dreaming jareh undecided
bro you said the truth
Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by NiklauseFred(m): 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
Hadampson:

Why bro shocked

Is it because you are still here??

There's more to it.
Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by tarantino1: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
JayDaily:
bro try going to north korea and show us pictures...

lol

if I take pictures of my travels, my travel gallery would be a tourist attraction on it own.

North Korean will scan you for any available camera or camera device and forbid you from taking piçtures...

crazy country!

Why would you go to a place like that?
Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by Greatfullheart: 9:58am On Dec 25, 2020
2Lynx:

real travel experience meets nature. those countries you mentioned are also on my "go to countries" list. real beauties. , denmark, Sweden and Norway villages
as well Singapore
Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by 2Lynx(m): 11:35am On Dec 25, 2020
Greatfullheart:
as well Singapore
yes but no much greenery there or dope rural areas that the smell of nature abounds
Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by OKUCHI11(m): 7:18am On Dec 30, 2020
humilitypays:
Nigeria can never get it right any day, stop hoping. Nigeria is a black African nation, the highest they can achieve is Lagos, Owerri, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, Benin, Asaba level. Its their destiny.

The best you can do for yourself if you want a working nation and environment is to plan yourself and migrate out of Nigeria to your dream city where you can succeed and also give your kids a better opportunity in life.

Nigeria as a nation can only get worst than it is now as years roll by.

If you doubt me, in 2023 despite the endsars noise the youths made, they will still act as thugs that will help elect useless President and Governors and Senators.

Tinubu, another criminal minded selfish politician is warming up to become President without shame and some youths are already drumming support for him out of tribal religious sentiments and you expect to get where

Some will say Nigeria will be great again as if there was a time Nigeria was a great country Of course when a child is born, the parents and relatives always hope the child would be successful and great at the childhood stage but as adulthood sets in, the child will show what he can become...so in the 70s and 80s Nigeria was still like a newborn baby the world was expecting much from it making it look like it was doing well then, Nigeria has never done well since 1960. All the leaders from Zik to Tafawa to Buhari are all wicked criminals. Rogues and demons in power!

Quit dreaming jareh undecided
Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by Upaka(f): 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
good4all40:
Singapore is a very beautiful country and Changi Airport is out of this world l was there last year.

If Op can permit me to post some pictures l don't like to steal his thread lol.

It will amazed you to know that Singapore got her independence 3 years after Nigeria and the level of the development there is too giant that it might take Nigeria 30 years or more to achieve such.

Singapore is a very small island country infact you can tour the whole country in 2 to 3 hours.

Their electricity connection is underground you will not see a single electric pole on their streets.

I must let you know that Singapore is madly expensive but the quality of life over there will make you want to stay longer and you wouldn't mind or care to spend more of your money, so you must be loaded with cash while going on tourism.

Their law is very strict and they dont joke with it not even with their citizens let alone foreigners.

You can't eat on the train you can't chew gum and shout unnecessary as we do here, people keep to themselves on the train and you will always witness unusual silence on the train, this might look strange at first as a Nigerian but you will soon get used to it.

For Any reason please do not go to Singapore with drug otherwise death sentence is 100 percent certain, trust me they kill their own citizens for drug too no exception and there is no clemency or whatsoever.

You can apply for Singapore Tourist visa both online and at their embassies, as for the online visa, you must have a sponsor that will apply for you either a citizen or PR holder.

The visa issuance can take days or Weeks if you are from Nigeria but they may refuse or grant the visa at their discretion and they hardly state reason of refusal if any.

Getting job in Singapore might be a bit cumbersome if you are not a professional or qualified personnel, don't go to Singapore with the intention to hustle it is not designed for that. Firstly, it is very expensive as you may quickly run out of cash if you are not gainfully employed there.

Secondly, no employer will employ you with a tourist visa the least you can get before you can be employed is LTVP (long term visit pass) but it is very difficult to even get LTVP at this time, Singapore is a very small country and hugely populated so they think their country is small enough for their citizens so they will only welcome foreigners on their soil for long duration of stay base on merits only.

If you don't like Chinese people don't go there because they own 70 percent of the whole population of the country lol.

Singapore is great for Tourism and studies if you are loaded as their schools are expensive too. Please do not go there to overstay your visa, Singapore is not Dubai they will fish you out easily as their country is very small and there is camera throughout the country and you will go to jail because it is a criminal offence and you may ruin your chance of ever stepping into the country again.

Please post pictures plsssssssssss
Re: My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) by Shugar1: 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
If u want to see singapore in 4k, go to YouTube and search for j utah singapore video, it a drive channel. Before u watch just harden your mind cos u ll be pissed, angry and Mad for being in this shithole. That country is the best on earth in my opinion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What A Lagos Bolt Driver Sent To His Friend / Car Carrying Another Car In Ketu, Lagos / The Stairs Used To Climb Out Of Arik Airplane (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.