Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,048 members, 7,973,556 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter (27750 Views)

Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss / Canadian Student Visa Questions! / Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter by paris10: 10:49am On Jul 18, 2011
@all,

Listen before you all started applying for your visas. Ofcourse you can study for a professional course in Canada if the course is six months and above. You must obtain authorization before any other thing from the Canadian embassy,

What is a student authorization?

A student authorization is a form issued by an immigration officer. It allows you, after your admittance, to remain in Canada to take an academic, professional or vocational training course at an approved university, college or other institution.

Who needs a student authorization?

If you are not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a dependant of a diplomat accredited to Canada, you must obtain a student authorization.

Are there any courses for which a student authorization is not required?
A student authorization is not required if the course is:

an English or French language course that lasts a maximum of three months;

not academic, professional or vocational; for example;
self-improvement, general interest courses such as arts and crafts;
courses included in tour packages as a secondary activity for tourists; and
day care or nursery school programs which are not a compulsory part of the elementary school system.

Where do I apply?
You apply to the nearest Canadian visa office. You must obtain permission to study in Canada before leaving for Canada. However, the following persons may apply from within Canada:

dependants of athletes, media representatives, members of the Clergy, or military personnel on assignment in Canada;
dependants of officials of foreign governments working in Canada with a federal or provincial agency under an exchange agreement;
dependants of a person who has a valid student or employment authorization; and
a person who is a holder of a Minister's permit and his or her dependants.
In addition, the following persons may apply at a Canadian port of entry:
citizens and permanent residents of the United States, St. Pierre and Miquelon, or Greenland.

Do I pay a fee?
Yes, a processing fee is charged.

What are the basic requirements for student authorization?

You must satisfy the visa officer that you meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay. You must also:

satisfy a visa officer that you will be able to return to your country or be admitted to another country after your studies;
have been unconditionally accepted by an approved educational institution;
have enough money during your stay in Canada to pay for:
tuition fees;
living expenses for yourself and accompanying dependants; and
return transportation for yourself and accompanying dependants;
be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity (you may be asked to provide a Police Clearance Certificate);
not be a risk to the security of Canada;
produce any additional documents requested by the visa officer to establish your admissibility;
complete a medical examination, if required; and
pay the fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter by judesuyi: 3:52am On Jan 31, 2012
@All, can anyone please show me a reliable immigration agent in Nigeria that can handle my study visa application to Canada. I need their business name and contact.
Re: Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter by newacca: 10:37am On Jan 31, 2012
judesuyi:

@All, can anyone please show me a reliable immigration agent in Nigeria that can handle my study visa application to Canada. I need their business name and contact.
\
judesuyi.I thought u have applied or have been issued study visa to canada. were u on the other canada visa thread? what's up? if u read the thread properly,u may not need service of travel agent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter by judesuyi: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2012
@Newcaster, Your are right, I am currently in Canada Studying, but someone requested the information from me and need to get back to her. Someone mention one agent that is almost 100% sure, can u please give me the name if u know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter by newacca: 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2012
@Judesuyi,
I'm happy 2 hear dat u r already in Canada. Sorry,I dnt know any agent,as I filed my visa application by myself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter by mikaltel: 11:59am On Mar 05, 2012
Hello, am a new member to this forum, i need the requirements on how to apply for ACCA In canada,

Can this be done online without sending any documents to the school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter by jayculbaba: 3:17am On Jun 16, 2012
Please i want to confirm if it is possible for my to still get a student visa for my mba in canada,i just received my acceptance letter and other document from the school i applied to in canada on the 15th of june 2012 and the resumption date is 12th of september 2012. Is it possible for me to still get a visa?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa With Acca Acceptance Letter by justwise(m): 5:33am On Jun 16, 2012

(1) (2)

Pics: Ago Palace Way Road In Lagos: How Bad Could It Get? / Police Truck Involved In Fatal Road Accident, Officer Dies In The Process.Photos / Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.