Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,563 members, 7,888,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:59 PM

Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria (2215 Views)

‘aisha Will Unite Waring Groups In Taraba’ / Nda-isaiah: I Will Unite Nigeria, Fight Crime If Elected President / If Africa Will Unite,we Will Become The Best Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 1:45am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Alj Uche

What did your brother Yar adua achieve in 3 years?
What did Shehu Shagari achieve in almost 5 years?

You think we don't remember these.

Jonathan is not even the president now, he is only serving out Yar adua's term, and inherited a lot of mess.
He has been reshaping policy and actually did some work.

Obasanjo was complaining that 8 years wasn't enough for him.  shocked

You guys should speak the truth for once.
yar'dua was ill for the better part of his tenure

even as he was ill, he reduce MEND activities drastically

he, saw to it that ribadu EFCC chariman was sacked because he was meant to arrest tinubu ole but he didn't

he saw to it that people like ciroma, edwin and co shout thier mouths from national politics

he also never made deals with ibb and co

he was started the draining of river niger for igbo traders

etc

there are lot of projects he did but could not complete it because of the illness sad angry  very sad indeed

obj is a theif and an unserious man so i do not really care about him although he acheived some things and transformed nigeria for the better a bit.

jonathan is using yaradua's term because he was the vice president and needs to complete his predecessors works for him

no big deal in that

i am talking about HIS own projects

what has jonathan comissioned since he was in power
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:46am On Mar 28, 2011
Posted by: Abu-Maryam

In either way[b] GEJ is a victim of been PDP member[/b], in the past twelve years pdp have not offer anything good to Nigerians, now is a time Nigerians are looking for better hand that has more relevance unlike PDP, I bet you if GEJ will quit PDP things would have been another way. No matter how Good is GEJ as long as he is under thAt umblela i pity him,  oh you didnt see Fashola he shun the umblela while its raining. Nobody is polarizing choosing of Buhari within the content of ethnicity and bigotry. BB ticket is most will happen if we are to reach our dreamland, P D P is failure, shike nan

I see your points, and they are very valid!
However, I'm thinking about Nigeria as a whole unit.

If GEJ get's less than 90% of the votes in Bayelsa state; then I would start seeing the points of those who want to hang him because he is in PDP. Nigeria is much more than PDP. As some of you know, I am a sworn APGA man, but I'm thinking about Nigeria, so APGA has to wait.

Can you Northerners do the same for Nigeria? That is my question.  cool
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 1:48am On Mar 28, 2011
Abagworo:

People like you are part of our problem in Nigeria.Who told you that Jonathan's loss is because of being an Ijaw.He has failed to address the Ijaw issue and Nigerian issue as a whole.I lost faith in him on October 1st 2010 after he assembled retired criminals and called them MEND.

I[b] want Nigeria to work and that is what every right thinking Nigerian should want.Let the refineries really work,let the teachers really teach,let the police really secure,let everything be by merit,let's say no to bribery and corruption,no more sorting in schools,no more indiscriminate dumping of refuse,let us join the queue and wait our turn.All these are achievable only under one man.This is our chance to right all the wrongs of the past.
[/b]
Let's help Nigeria WORK

Let's vote BB.

gbam

gbam

gbam

thank you my brother

that's all we want in Nigeria, we all fed-up of PDP and zoning

we want the best man for the job
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by jason123: 1:49am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

If GEJ get's less than 90% of the votes in Bayelsa state; then I would start seeing the points of those who want to hang him because he is in PDP. Nigeria is much more than PDP. As some of you know, I am a sworn APGA man, but[b] I'm thinking about Nigeria[/b], so APGA has to wait.

LOL.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 1:49am On Mar 28, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

In either way GEJ is a victim of been PDP member, in the past twelve years pdp have not offer anything good to Nigerians, now is a time Nigerians are looking for better hand that has more relevance unlike PDP, I bet you if GEJ will quit PDP things would have been another way. No matter how Good is GEJ as long as he is under thAt umblela i pity him,  oh you didnt see Fashola he shun the umblela while its raining. Nobody is polarizing choosing of Buhari within the content of ethnicity and bigotry. BB ticket is most will happen if we are to reach our dreamland, P D P is failure, shike nan

good point as well
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:49am On Mar 28, 2011
I see folks giving all kinds of lame excuse just to find a pretext not to vote GEJ.

My question is this: If Bayelsa state is prepared to vote for GEJ massively, why can't other non-Ijaw states do same for him, since we are all Nigerians? If Bayelsa is in North west, would we even be having this conversation?

When you answer these questions, you will come face to face with the truth.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:51am On Mar 28, 2011
I would only back down, if I see GEJ approval in Bayelsa at less than 50%.

Only then would I accept defeat in this debate. cool
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 1:51am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

If GEJ get's less than 90% of the votes in Bayelsa state; then I would start seeing the points of those who want to hang him because he is in PDP. Nigeria is much more than PDP. As some of you know, I am a sworn APGA man, but I'm thinking about Nigeria, so APGA has to wait.

i liked ACN because of fashola but now i am support CPC because of Buhari

that is the sacrifice i am willing to take for nigeria

so yes we northerners can do the same cool
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by jason123: 1:51am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

I see folks giving all kinds of lame excuse just to find a pretext not to vote GEJ.

My question is this: If Bayelsa state is prepared to vote for GEJ massively, why can't other non-Ijaw states do same for him, since we are all Nigerians? If Bayelsa is in North west, would we even be having this conversation?

When you answer these questions, you will come face to face with the truth.

Bayelsean will vote based on tribal sentiments and you know this. Stop trying to make an invalid point!
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 1:53am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

I would only back down, if I see GEJ approval in Bayelsa at less than 50%.

Only then would I accept defeat in this debate. cool

read this
jason123:

Bayelsean will vote based on tribal sentiments and you know this.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:56am On Mar 28, 2011
The Igbo say that "a man with scrotal elephantiasis can only deceive foreigners by covering his deformity with long wrappers, all kinsmen are not so deceived".

If Bayelsa state supports Jonathan MASSIVELY (90%+), why can't I from Anambra state, if we are truly one country?
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by ektbear: 1:56am On Mar 28, 2011
How on earth did this thread get derailed into "If you don't vote for GEJ, you are a bigot?"

Honestly, do not be confused by those who reason like m.o.rons.

Waste of your time and energies.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:58am On Mar 28, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

In either way GEJ is a victim of been PDP member, in the past twelve years pdp have not offer anything good to Nigerians, now is a time Nigerians are looking for better hand that has more relevance unlike PDP, I bet you if GEJ will quit PDP things would have been another way. No matter how Good is GEJ as long as he is under thAt umblela i pity him,  oh you didnt see Fashola he shun the umblela while its raining. Nobody is polarizing choosing of Buhari within the content of ethnicity and bigotry. BB ticket is most will happen if we are to reach our dreamland, P D P is failure, shike nan

[size=13pt]Goodluck Jonathan IS NOT A VICTIM -- In the same last 12 years, the man himself has failed to accomplish a single thing in his own land, and at the national level.[/size] To blame this all on PDP is to absolve this man of the ills he committed on his own people when he had a chance to actually show he was a man. Fashola, Amaechi, Sullivan Chime etc. are examples of men who took advantage of opportunities presented them to make life better for their own. In just the first 100 days in office, Fashola changed the perception of Lagoscians of their Government. Jonathan never did that for the people of Baysela in his 20 months of being their Governor. He moved on to National level and even when the MEND issue was forefront, he was not the one who stepped up to the plate.

So, I say we stop making this man a victim -- he is a grown man who has had 12 years to make a change and produced nothing in that time. [size=13pt]PDP is not some abstract entity that stops people from achieving-- if anything, many of it's members, including Jonathan have become dollar millionaires in their time as members -- PDP is a group comprised of incompetent men like Jonathan who have been able to find a way to do nothing and still hold on to power by making promises upon promises but never really needing to deliver on any- he and those like him are the reason why PDP is the way it is today.[/size]
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 1:59am On Mar 28, 2011
onlytruth i get your time today

you will support buhari/bakare today today cool
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by jason123: 1:59am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

The Igbo say that "a man with scrotal elephantiasis can only deceive foreigners by covering his deformity with long wrappers, all kinsmen are not so deceived".

If Bayelsa state supports Jonathan MASSIVELY (90%+), why can't I from Anambra state, if we are one country?

You are not serious. Stop acting naive! We are not stupid. You are simply voting for him because of his connection with Ohaneze and co. Also, read this:
jason123:

Bayelsean will vote based on tribal sentiments and you know this. Stop trying to make an invalid point!
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:59am On Mar 28, 2011
Again, if Bayelsa is in North West, can someone swear that we would be having this same conversation.

A dying Yar adua was busy plotting his second term in office, while folks were openly stating that there was no vacancy in Aso rock! LOL.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 2:01am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

The Igbo say that "a man with scrotal elephantiasis can only deceive foreigners by covering his deformity with long wrappers, all kinsmen are not so deceived"b].

[b]If Bayelsa state supports Jonathan MASSIVELY (90%+), why can't I from Anambra state, if we are truly one country?

@bold

if 90% of sokoto state support Buhari MASSIVELY, why can't I or you both from anambra support Buhari if we are one country undecided
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by jason123: 2:02am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Again, if Bayelsa is in North West, can someone swear that we would be having this same conversation.

A dying Yar adua was busy plotting his second term in office, while folks were openly stating that there was no vacancy in Aso rock! LOL.

That was ciroma's affair. Northerners did not even support it. BTW, GEJ signed an agreement, why did he not honour it

ekt_bear:

How on earth did this thread get derailed into "If you don't vote for GEJ, you are a bigot?"

Honestly, do not be confused by those who reason like m.o.rons.

Waste of your time and energies.

You are absolutely right!!!
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 2:02am On Mar 28, 2011
As Chairman of PTF, he ensured that the Annual Audited Accounts were always on time up till 1998, audited by external auditors, KPMG. KPMG is a world-acclaimed firm of Chartered Accountants highly reputed for integrity. His tenure as PTF Chairman was probed by the subsequent administration and nothing was found against him. He is Gen Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 2:02am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

@ bold

yes i we all can

you second paragraph was not necessary at all
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 2:03am On Mar 28, 2011
It is about time someone from the Niger Delta, become president. Only a Niger Deltan can fix the problems associated with that region, which is the most important issue that is plaguing Nigeria. Since the Niger Delta is the goose that laid the golden egg, it is only fitting, that a minority from that region produce the next president.

I am not an Ijaw, but I am in full support of GEJ, because I am optimistic that he can solve the problems plaguing the region, more so than any other person running for president.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 2:04am On Mar 28, 2011
My point is that this election goes FAR beyond competence. It strikes at the base of our unity. Most folks here still don't see it.

Let's assume that Jonathan and Buhari are supported by their various sections of Nigeria; but Buhari has ruled before, and his section has ruled Nigeria for 38 years or so; why should Nigeria ignore someone from an area that never ruled before, and MAY NEVER rule again if he loses?

These questions are for those with brains, not oafs.  cool
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 2:09am On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

It is about time someone from the Niger Delta, become president. Only a Niger Deltan can fix the problems associated with that region, which is the most important issue that is plaguing Nigeria. Since the Niger Delta is the goose that laid the golden egg, it is only fitting, that a minority from that region produce the next president.

I am not an Ijaw, but I am in full support of GEJ, because I am optimistic that can solve the problems plaguing the region, more so than any other person running for president.

ezeuche Niger Delta people have governors and elders that federal allocations are given to them monthly

it has nothing to do with presidency

look at lagos, is a yoruba man the president,.,. NO

forget this ijaw sentiment brother, was goodluck not the governor at a time there. why didn't he do something about it or alams nkpo
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by ektbear: 2:09am On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

How does this go along with democracy? What if a majority of people do not think that minority is the best person for the job? They should vote for him. . . just because?

In other words, zoning (which GEJ sought to destroy)?

There is a fundamental inconsistency here. If GEJ believes that zoning is dead, then is the alternative not people choosing freely who they want to lead them?

You cannot have your cake and eat it. If you keep zoning intact, then the SS can rule again once it is their turn. If you destroy zoning, then it becomes a free for all.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 2:11am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

My point is that this election goes FAR beyond competence. It strikes at the base of our unity. Most folks here still don't see it.

Let's assume that Jonathan and Buhari are supported by their various sections of Nigeria; but Buhari has ruled before, and his section has ruled Nigeria for 38 years or so; why should Nigeria ignore someone from an area that never ruled before, and MAY NEVER rule again if he loses?

These questions are for those with brains, not oafs.  cool

onlytruth i do not like the way this discussion with u is going

you are slowlly turning it to North and South sentiment which is not good

what section are u talking about

miltray government or democratic goverment?
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 2:12am On Mar 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

How does this go along with democracy? What if a majority of people do not think that minority is the best person for the job? They should vote for him. . . just because?

There is a fundamental inconsistency here. If GEJ believes that zoning is dead, then is the alternative not people choosing freely who they want to lead them?

You cannot have your cake and eat it. If you keep zoning intact, then the SS can rule again once it is their turn. If you destroy zoning, then it becomes a free for all.

that was my views before
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 2:19am On Mar 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

We are not at that level of advanced democracy yet. You are coming from Western view of our democracy. In the developing world, democracies are quite messy. Frankly, we haven't even formed partisan identities in Nigeria, in people mostly look look to regional, religious and ethnic lens. Haven't you realized that by now.

GEJ became president by chance and now he wants to run for office. And he has the right to run for office. My vote for him is a vote for the Niger Delta. I am not here to make people agree with me, I am only telling you my personal views.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 2:20am On Mar 28, 2011
Posted by: Alj Uche
onlytruth i do not like the way this discussion with u is going

you are slowlly turning it to North and South sentiment which is not good

what section are u talking about

miltray government or democratic goverment?

Believe me, I speak for a lot of folks who are confused about Nigeria.

Nigeria is a conundrum because simple things are made complex by folks unnecessarily.  

This is not about North and South. This is really about majority and minority.

I am happy, that minority from Eastern Nigeria can see, that they don't really stand a chance in the open warfare of Nigerian politics.
And I am also happy, that my people -the Igbo-  supported the minority in his hour of need.

Let nobody tell them otherwise tomorrow.

For the record, I believe that Buhari is part of why Nigeria is backwards today. He helped shape the Nigeria of today by his actions as a military dictator in 1984. He has no business soliciting my vote today. History has already judged his type.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Gayigaskia(m): 2:22am On Mar 28, 2011
Alj Uche:

ezeuche Niger Delta people have governors and elders that federal allocations are given to them monthly

it has nothing to do with presidency

look at lagos, is a yoruba man the president,.,. NO

forget this ijaw sentiment brother, was goodluck not the governor at a time there. why didn't he do something about it or alams nkpo

Exactly YarAdua Gave Edwin Clark and other elders in the regions all they needed for a remedy to the Niger Delta problem,but what happened things have just gotten worst.
Oh by the way why your brother Gej has not been able to bring the authors of the Nigeria at 50 bombings to the books?
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by ektbear: 2:24am On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

We are not at that level of advanced democracy yet. You are coming from Western view of our democracy. In the developing world, democracies are quite messy. Frankly, we haven't even formed partisan identities in Nigeria, in people mostly look look to regional, religious and ethnic lens. Haven't you realized that by now.
I understand all of that. That is not the issue I raised, though.

GEJ became president by chance and now he wants to run for office. And he has the right to run for office. My vote for him is a vote for the Niger Delta. I am not here to make people agree with me, I am only telling you my personal views.
Of course! He is certainty entitled to run for office. I've no problem with that. But one cannot say, "Vote for GEJ, it is the morally correct thing to do because he is from the SS", etc. . . otherwise a contradiction arises.

By destroying zoning, he has no higher "right" to the presidency than anyone else. He is in fact on equal footing, and anyone can freely compete against him.

So there is no value in "about time for someone from the Niger Delta" sort of arguments. Once you use "about time" arguments, then you are implicitly arguing for zoning. . . the very thing that Goodluck sought to destroy.

Hopefully the contradiction is clear to you.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 2:28am On Mar 28, 2011
Posted by: Gayigaskia
Exactly YarAdua Gave Edwin Clark and other elders in the regions all they needed for a remedy to the Niger Delta problem,but what happened things have just gotten worst.
Oh by the way why your brother Gej has not been able to bring the authors of the Nigeria at 50 bombings to the books?

Do you recall in 1999 when Obasanjo was opposing (though not by force) the imposition of Sharia by northern states?
Do you recall the type of uprising that greeted him then?
The north did everything possible to derail the civilian government, but Obasanjo refused to bite. He knew the game too well. They wanted him to act so that they would oust him in a coup. He laid low until he had completed the reorganisation of the armed forces.
The same thing is being played out by those opposed to Jonathan's continuation in office. Luckily for him, Obasanjo is advising him too. So, he refused to bite!

You guys create traps to use against your victims.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 2:31am On Mar 28, 2011
No one has a right to the presidency. I just see groups that are more deserving of the presidency than others. Until Nigeria comes to a period, where we will not look at the region, religion or ethnicity of the person, I shall continue to vote for those who have my region's interest at heart.

I am tired of the same region ruling Nigeria for 35+ years. Don't you people see a problem with that? What gives them the right to think that they should rule Nigeria?

My support is for a minority from a region that has been neglected for decades, which should show many of you my reasoning.

As a member of a majority group in Nigeria who are supporting a minority, that speaks volumes about my people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bomb Alert At Ozone Cinema (might Go Off Between Now And Midnight) / Dubai Officials Deny Entry To World's Most Pierced Man (Pic) / Jonathan’s Second Term Declaration Callous, Insensitive -APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.