Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,176 members, 7,880,667 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:40 AM

Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness (619 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni's Father Says Lagos Government And Police Are In Conspiracy / Before And After" Photos Of A Soldier Who Left The Nigerian Army And Went Abroad / The Deaf Community, Deafness And My Personal Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by sacajawea: 11:46am On Dec 23, 2020
I read somewhere that exposure to Gunfire over a while would damage the ear permanently.
So that means that Gun Carrying members of the Police, SARS, Army, Navy, Customs and so on, are already Deaf too to some extent.
Could this be part of the reason why they always Yell when talking.

Edit: to those of you saying rubbish, Who have allows their hate for the Force cloud their judgements, awọn Empty-headed #endsars Protesters, read the story of someone who worked mostly in the non-commissioned department most of his Career.

2 Likes

Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by Kriss216: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2020
All these nonsense agencies you mentioned, how many times dem dey shoot gun? Aside shooting innocent civilians, who or what are they shooting again?

3 Likes

Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by DukeJoe17: 11:52am On Dec 23, 2020
Crap.
Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by sacajawea: 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Kriss216:
All these nonsense agencies you mentioned, how many times dem dey shoot gun? Aside shooting innocent civilians, who or what are they shooting again?
Stop talking like an Idiot. Even though we still have Units that are involved in Gunfire. The ones in The north east are usually In Combat. Also all of them do Gun training before they Start work proper.
So once again I advice you to Stop you Idiocy and not to carry it into 2021.
Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by Kriss216: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
The ones in The north east are usually In Combat.
Combat with who exactly? Lol
Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by Nickshrapnel: 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
Exposure to gunfire without ear bud can lead to temporary or permanent deafness truly but I don’t know if most Nigerian police/army are deaf

2 Likes

Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by sacajawea: 8:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Exposure to gunfire without ear bud can lead to temporary or permanent deafness truly but I don’t know if most Nigerian police/army are deaf
At least some members have been exposed to Gunfire, at least 20% would have been exposed to Gunfire several times
Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by Drella(m): 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
The ones actively in combat are already used to it.
While learning at the gun range,it is usually deafening.But after firing several times(not same day or week or month),you get used to it.
After getting used to a particular gun shot sound,a louder gunshot sound from a different gun will have an effect.

No matter the gunshots you have been used to,DO NOT stand near a mounted 40 barrel being fired lol grin

But I can't talk about Nigerian military personnel being deaf.

1 Like

Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by NairalandSARS: 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2020
Yes.
Tinnitus.

1 Like

Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by sacajawea: 4:13am On Dec 24, 2020
Drella:

No matter the gunshots you have been used to,DO NOT stand near a mounted 40 barrel being fired lol grin
But I can't talk about Nigerian military personnel being deaf.
So the police may have this Problem but not the military cos police see more action, right?
The 40 barrel you are talking about, pls how do you know these things? Have you been in the Force, home or Abroad?
Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by sacajawea: 4:16am On Dec 24, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Of course Nigerian police and Soldiers (maybe more of the Police or Say Customs and Navy personnels) see Gunfire action at least for some time in their career.
Let us not allow our displeasure with the Force make us say what is not true, these people are usually in shoot out situations a lot. They maybe largely ineffective, but we cannot say that members of the Nigerian Force are not exposed to shooting situations. Even at training stage they shoot and i never see them cover their ears.
At least 60% of the Police and 40% of other Force members would have been in shooting Situations several times and I rarely see them cover their ears. An AK-47 gun sound can deafen a person, and I can say more than half of all Force personnels have been in AK-47 shooting situations without covering their ears
Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by Nickshrapnel: 6:51am On Dec 24, 2020
sacajawea:

Of course Nigerian police and Soldiers (maybe more of the Police or Say Customs
I have a friend in the armed force, he do make you of earbuds
Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by Taysik(f): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2020
yeah I agree with you. my dad retired from the Nigeria army 3 years ago. he's completely deaf in one ear. I guess it's due to exposure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by Drella(m): 9:01am On Dec 24, 2020
sacajawea:

So the police may have this Problem but not the military cos police see more action, right?
The 40 barrel you are talking about, pls how do you know these things? Have you been in the Force, home or Abroad?

The police are also military.
But soldiers see more action than policemen.You can't compare the war happening in the north-east(handled by soldiers) to the robbery or whatever(handled by the police)
The police can decide most times not to engage the robbers but even if soldiers don't go and engage BH,they will come to the soldiers base to come and attack them,leaving them with no choice but to engage.

As for where my knowledge is derived from,I am a barrack boy and I also have great passion to be in the military.
So I have the opportunity to satisfy my inquisitiveness by asking soldiers experienced in battle.....home not abroad.
Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by sacajawea: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
undecided I have a friend in the armed force, he do make you of earbuds
Did you just answer yourself now? bobo are you listening to yourself?
He uses "Earbuds".
Re: Some Persons In Our Army And Police Are Already have partial Deafness by Nickshrapnel: 1:45pm On Dec 24, 2020
sacajawea:

Did you just answer yourself now? bobo are you listening to yourself?
He uses "Earbuds".
Is this reply meant for me? Because I never disputed your claim that some of them are deaf o

(1) (Reply)

Scholarships And Part-time Work Opportunities To Study In Canada / Exam Malpractices. WAEC And NECO Should Be Scraped / ASUU Threatens To Resume Strike Over FG Failure To Implement Agreements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.