Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,994 members, 7,880,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:25 PM

Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam (2514 Views)

Seeking Forgiveness From The Most Merciful. / Islam & Forgiveness / 10 Benefits Of Asking God’s Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
@Alimat2,Asalamu Aleikum sister,hope your day is good?i wanna shed more light on our discussion.

you dnt say because you are fighting the devil in you then you disobey Allah all the time,as a matter of fact,there a verse that says shaytan will whisper to mankind till they die,so would you as a result of shaytan whispering you won't obey Allah and dnt mind disregarding his laws,well,you as a muslim have the choice to as much as possible avoid  shaytan's whispering,its either you fall to his pray by listening to him or rebuke him instantly so he does not block your way from obeying Allah's laws,thats the main reason why Allah says we should always say AUDHU BILLAHI MINA SHAYTANI RAJEEM,that only is enough for the shaytan to scram so you could obey your Lord Allah.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by miftaudeen(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ify,nt u bt hymen who said palestine issue is political aspect.2 b sincere ify u dnt knw hw 2 give respond
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by alimat2(f): 6:57pm On Mar 30, 2011
at Uplawal

Thats my point but notwithstanding if u say a Million of Ahundhubillahi mina shayitan rojeem without the help of Allah and strong determination it wont work.

Get me right, by rebuking shayitan with Ahundhubillahi mina shayitan rojeem  alone without begging Allah to help you is just lik a toothless dog.

My point is that if you are not strongly determined to refrain frm sin and beg Allah to help u, u will continue falling into sin after saying thousands of Ahundhubillahi mina shayitan rojeem.

You can never fight shayitan with Ahundhubillahi mina shayitan rojeem alone without the help of Allah.
,Get it right
And Allah knows best.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by hymen(f): 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2011
azharuddin:

Well if anyone of your brother/sister is in a foreign country and he/she  is under attack will you say 'its none of my business, its happening in a foreign country'. ?
All Muslims are brothers and sisters. We belong to Islam first, only then to our nations.
It is reported that, the Prophet (S.A.W) said:
"The Muslims in their mutual love, kindness and compassion, are like the human body when one of its parts is in agony the entire body feels the pain both in sleeplessness and fever."
(Bukhari and Muslim)

P.s. If everyone can condemn 9/11 publicly. Then the massacre and oppression happening in Palestine can be condemned too, actually the causalities are more in Palestine. Both are inhumane acts. I ll say no more.
Please advise :

Indian muslim army general leads an operation that bombs pakistani muslim village ,who do the muslim Ummah support in this 'fight for the brotherhood and sisterhood'??

Hausa(a tribe in Nigeria) muslims regularly slaughter non-hausa muslims in Nigeria , who I pray Mr Protector of all muslims will you support ?

Iraqi muslim shias & sunnis regularly have a go at each other ,where do you stand ?

And finally Col Muammer Gaddafi (Libyan muslim) is currently killing his fellow libyan muslims, on whose side will your sincere love & care for the muslim brotherhood be?

Summary - not all that glitters is gold,just as muslims killed muslims.christians,non-christians in 9/11 & it should not be taken as a 'war on islam', so also the complicated nature of conflicts around the world makes making it a 'muslim issue ' not only infantile ,but futile.

On a final note palestinian sunni muslim group hamas killed fellow palestinian sunni muslims of Fatah a couple of years ago .

Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by ifyalways(f): 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2011
miftaudeen:

@ify,nt u bt hymen who said palestine issue is political aspect.2 b sincere ify u dnt knw hw 2 give respond
I sincerely don't know how to speak in or decode parables as we often do in this board/section.
Lagosboy:

Inshallah when i find sometime we would try to clear the air inshallah on some of this issues as we seem to be mixing things up here.

Forgiveness for day to day issue is different from reclaiming your right back. It is also different from acts of war, it is also different in terms of opression. Perhaps we could open another thread to explain things.
I hope you get the time asap,Insha Allah and we can as well continue the discussion here.
Looking forward to hearing your own views,as always.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2011
@Alimat,you really amazing me with your writeups,Ordinary AUDHUBILLAHI MINA SHAYTANI RAJEEM alone is a PLEA dua to Allah,and i believe every muslim should believe Allah is able to protect from evil whispering with the above simple dua above.

Pls Alimat dnt go out of Islam with this your opinion,since you claimed the above alone cannot chase the devil away,you could easily have said again that BISMILLAH as small as that word is cannot alone do wonders,once again,na wa for your view,only fools and ignorant will take to that view of yours.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by azharuddin: 2:24am On Mar 31, 2011
@hymen
When there is fighting between Muslims, we don't take sides. Its for Allah to decide who is on the right path.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by azharuddin: 2:38am On Mar 31, 2011
@alimat & uplawal
Both of you are right, so why the argument!!??

AuzhuBillahi-Minashaitanir-rajeem.
I seek refuge in Allah from the Cursed Shaitan.

Yes uplawal is right, 'Auzhubillah' is a Part of Quran, it itself is a supplication to Allah.

Yes alimat is right, while we supplicate we should be sincere to Allah and accept the fact without his guidance we are misguided.

So Nothing to even discuss : )

See, sisters this misunderstanding is clearly the work of Shaytan.
So Lets seek refuge in Allah.
AuzhuBillahi-Minashaitanir-rajeem.

Also on another note, there is also another supplication taught by our beloved Prophet (SAW), when shaytan tries to put doubt in our belief in Allah say:
'Amantu billahi wa rasulihi '
[I believed in Allah, the Almighty, and His Messenger, peace be upon him]

InshAllah it will come in handy for all of us. Please study it. Its a small one. : )
Salaam everyone.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 31, 2011
@Azarrudin,

The point is,she is very wrong for saying that dua alone cannot chase shaytan away,i just wonder?
Does she have to turn to a mountain of fire minister before Allah answer her supplications?
I had made her understand that the simple dua above is also a plea to Allah to chase shaytan away,which ofcourse in His mercy He will protect the person saying it,but she kept saying,"only with the help of Allah thats when the prayer can be answered",To me she is going off point,would the prayer be answered only with the help of Jesu before?
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 31, 2011
@Azzarudin,thank you,i know there are various duas,am just making her to know that such above simple dua can do wonders,but she keeps changing her mouth,saying,except with determination,except with help of Allah, and who told her the person saying the dua is not determined or is just mare sayings?and the worst of all,she kept saying,that dua alone cannot guarantee Allah's protection.Am sure she is still gonna come here and defend herself by changing mouth.

Also,If two muslims are fighting,you can take side with the truthful one,if the truth is known,you dnt take sides with a bad muslim e.g a dictator fighting with and killing his own innocent people,theres nothing wrong in taking sides in the innocent people also with a truthful muslim,no sin in that,maybe you should use the word SUPPORT,is better.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by miftaudeen(m): 11:26am On Mar 31, 2011
while 2 of u,well all what we need is understanding(islamic ideology) dat is why i love islam is a complex religion.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by hymen(f): 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2011
azharuddin:

@hymen
When there is fighting between Muslims, we don't take sides. Its for Allah to decide who is on the right path.
Very interesting. Why wouldn't you let Allah judge a fight between a muslim & a non-muslim then ?

How logical does it sound to you that a muslim by your own estimation is allowed to slaughter another muslim,but an 'unbeliever' is not.

My dear ,don't ever think people will follow you because of Islam alone.

Some take their religions more seriously than others.

From our part of Nigeria(Yoruba) ,our tribe actually matters more than religion(for most people),thankfully.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by azharuddin: 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2011
hymen:

How logical does it sound to you that a muslim by your own estimation is allowed to slaughter another muslim,but an 'unbeliever' is not.

Well you are drawing preset conclusions of things i never said. I can see where this is goin.

hymen:

Some take their religions more seriously than others.

And they are the ones who are successful in the life hereafter.

"And verily this Ummah of yours IS A SINGLE UMMAH and I am your Lord and Cherisher: Therefore Fear Me  (and no other)."  (Al Quran 23:52)

"HasbunAllahu wa ni'amal wakeel.(Al Quran 3:173)
[Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us).]''

THE END.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by hymen(f): 6:34am On Apr 02, 2011
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by azharuddin: 9:05am On Apr 02, 2011
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by Lagosboy: 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2011
In the name of Allah most gracious most merciful

Forgiveness in islam in terms of war is totally different from forgiveness in our daily affairs.

Islam is a practical religion and not an ultra idealistic superficial faith. In terms of war,war is war, when you are attacked you have to repel evil and oppression. In islam when your right is trampled upon or taken away from you , one has to fight for ones right and claim it back and this brings me to the issue of palestine. The palestinian lands have been illegally stolen and they have every right to fight for their rights. The occupied terriotories is deemed illegal by the UN and ICJ so there is no debate over that at all.

The doctor that forgave the killers of his children is a personal issue and does not mean anything in terms of a battle. If your people are killed you have to fight to save your children from being slaughtered and that is what Allah says in the quran. " . . . Why do you not fight in the cause of Allah and the weak among men, women and children whose call to their lord is our lord exit us from this town of which its inhabitants are opressors , , ," Q4 v 74-75

In our daily affairs it is different and all the verses at the begining of this thread applies and we have to forgive people of their faults as we beg Allah for forgiveness. However forgivenss does not stop resoration of ones rights as they are two different things entirely. Someone swindled me and I take him to court and tell the judge i have forgiven him but i want my money resotred to me and spare him from punishement. Same applies to a thief who stole someones money and begs Allah for forgiveness, Allah will forgive him but the forgivess does not replace the retribution of which he has to give the stolen goods back. This is a wide topic in islam and it is "forgiveness and expiation of sins". When one wrongs a fellow human being Allah will forgive him as long as the sinner begs the wronged person as well forgiveness and such is the justice of Allah.

It is better to to sin against oneself than to sin against other people, when one commits sin against oneself you can ask Allah for forgivenss and Allah can expiate your sins by whatever means he chooses but when you sin against others and you dont pay them back their rights or ask for their forgivenss, on day the day of judgement you will pay them back with your good deeds or if you dont have they will give you their bad deeds which brings me to the hadith of the prophet. ". . . The bankrupt of my ummah is he who comes on the day of judgement with lots of salah, fasting and good deeds but always slanders people, backbites, abusive or trampled on others rights e.t.c. he has to pay all this people back until his good deeds finishes and still indebted to people of which they will give him their bad deeds" We seek refuge from Allah from this!

This is just to show how important good character is in islam and when one is a muslim you have to treat people good and have a good character. You could have the longest hijab or beard and still be bankrupt on the day of judgement if you dont take care in your dealings with people.

I hope i havent confused anyone and please feel free to ask further questions if this is not clear.

And God indeed knows best.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by ifyalways(f): 10:22am On Apr 06, 2011
Lagosboy:

In the name of Allah most gracious most merciful

Forgiveness in islam in terms of war is totally different from forgiveness in our daily affairs.

Islam is a practical religion and not an ultra idealistic superficial faith. In terms of war,war is war, when you are attacked you have to repel evil and oppression. In islam when your right is trampled upon or taken away from you , one has to fight for ones right and claim it back and this brings me to the issue of palestine. The palestinian lands have been illegally stolen and they have every right to fight for their rights. The occupied terriotories is deemed illegal by the UN and ICJ so there is no debate over that at all.

The doctor that forgave the killers of his children is a personal issue and does not mean anything in terms of a battle. If your people are killed you have to fight to save your children from being slaughtered and that is what Allah says in the quran. " . . . Why do you not fight in the cause of Allah and the weak among men, women and children whose call to their lord is our lord exit us from this town of which its inhabitants are opressors , , ," Q4 v 74-75

In our daily affairs it is different and all the verses at the begining of this thread applies and we have to forgive people of their faults as we beg Allah for forgiveness. However forgivenss does not stop resoration of ones rights as they are two different things entirely. Someone swindled me and I take him to court and tell the judge i have forgiven him but i want my money resotred to me and spare him from punishement. Same applies to a thief who stole someones money and begs Allah for forgiveness, Allah will forgive him but the forgivess does not replace the retribution of which he has to give the stolen goods back. This is a wide topic in islam and it is "forgiveness and expiation of sins". When one wrongs a fellow human being Allah will forgive him as long as the sinner begs the wronged person as well forgiveness and such is the justice of Allah.

It is better to to sin against oneself than to sin against other people, when one commits sin against oneself you can ask Allah for forgivenss and Allah can expiate your sins by whatever means he chooses but when you sin against others and you dont pay them back their rights or ask for their forgivenss, on day the day of judgement you will pay them back with your good deeds or if you dont have they will give you their bad deeds which brings me to the hadith of the prophet. ". . . The bankrupt of my ummah is he who comes on the day of judgement with lots of salah, fasting and good deeds but always slanders people, backbites, abusive or trampled on others rights e.t.c. he has to pay all this people back until his good deeds finishes and still indebted to people of which they will give him their bad deeds" We seek refuge from Allah from this!

This is just to show how important good character is in islam and when one is a muslim you have to treat people good and have a good character. You could have the longest hijab or beard and still be bankrupt on the day of judgement if you dont take care in your dealings with people.

I hope i havent confused anyone and please feel free to ask further questions if this is not clear.

And God indeed knows best.

Well said.
Jazaakallahu Khairan.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by hymen(f): 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2011
I agree LB.

Do you think Israel should be 'wiped of the face of the earth'?
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by Lagosboy: 11:55am On Apr 27, 2011
No land can be wiped off the surface of the earth. The land is Gods land and has been there before the creation of man and will be there until God decides to roll it away. Israel as a country with its current borders is not right and if the wiping you refer to is wiping the borders of the current state of Israel away from the current map then I say yes. The statement actually said by Ahmedinejad was “Israel should be wiped off the MAP” but many commentators have twisted it to mean “off the earth” which has no meaning.

The state of Israel can exist and have a right to exist but as long as it is on the 1948 borders that was drawn out by the UN in 1947. Any additional borders is stolen land that has to be returned. However, the Palestinians have accepted for Israel to move into its borders of 1967 but the arrogant state of Israel does not want to.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by hymen(f): 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2011
Hi LB,
Very well said.

You say it in the most pragmatic of ways without sentiments.

Unfortunately a lot of muslims & christians never really understand the issues and just take sides blindly.

Thanks for this.  wink

BTW,whats your reaction to Buhari and the unfolding drama by muslim youth in the North?
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by Lagosboy: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2011
Buhari is a man I love for his integrity, courage and selflessness. He is one of the only tiny people in Nigeria who can stand the test of time when it comes to abuse of office and issues relating to corruption. Buhari is a man whose words could be taken to the bank and the only other person i have this kind of respect for was Gani Fawehinmi (May God bless his soul).

Buhari should be completely detached from what some youths did in the north, Buhari went on TV stations to condemn the violence, to distance CPC from the burning of churches and killing of corpers. However, the PDP led govt and GEJ supporters used the opportunity to score cheap political points by heaping blame on Buhari. Buhari lost in 2003 riots never broke out, Buhari lost in 2007 he never called for riots.

The youths felt cheated by their elites of which they suffered the biggest loss, emir of Kano and Zazzaus palace were burnt which has never happened in the north. PDP muslim hausas politicans houses were burnt like Ghallin Naaba, Bashir Tofa, Alh Galdima in Kano. The elections were rigged in the north SS and SE.

Christian youth also razed muslim villages in Kaduna and thousands were displaced in the process. The blame i put on the doorstep of the FG who is saddled with the responsibility to provide security for Nigerians.

The riots started as a pure political issue and how it turned to burning of churches i have no clue. This is the problem when millions of almajiris have been left without good education. The chicken is coming home to roost and if the northern elites and FG do not start massive education for their children the worst is yet to come.

For the Peoples General I support him 100% but we have lost the election and we move on to strategise for 2015.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by congoshine(m): 5:55pm On Apr 28, 2011
Lagosboy:

Buhari is a man I love for his integrity, courage and selflessness. He is one of the only tiny people in Nigeria who can stand the test of time when it comes to abuse of office and issues relating to corruption. Buhari is a man whose words could be taken to the bank and the only other person i have this kind of respect for was Gani Fawehinmi (May God bless his soul).

Buhari should be completely detached from what some youths did in the north, Buhari went on TV stations to condemn the violence, to distance CPC from the burning of churches and killing of corpers. However, the PDP led govt and GEJ supporters used the opportunity to score cheap political points by heaping blame on Buhari. Buhari lost in 2003 riots never broke out, Buhari lost in 2007 he never called for riots.

The youths felt cheated by their elites of which they suffered the biggest loss, emir of Kano and Zazzaus palace were burnt which has never happened in the north. PDP muslim hausas politicans houses were burnt like Ghallin Naaba, Bashir Tofa, Alh Galdima in Kano. The elections were rigged in the north SS and SE.

Christian youth also razed muslim villages in Kaduna and thousands were displaced in the process. The blame i put on the doorstep of the FG who is saddled with the responsibility to provide security for Nigerians.

The riots started as a pure political issue and how it turned to burning of churches i have no clue. This is the problem when millions of almajiris have been left without good education. The chicken is coming home to roost and if the northern elites and FG do not start massive education for their children the worst is yet to come.

For the Peoples General I support him 100% but we have lost the election and we move on to strategise for 2015.
I think you should change your signature to Join the BB2015 train then cheesy cheesy cheesy .
Lets be frank,Buhari for all his good traits isn't electable.

The best president IMO would have been Mallam El-Rufai,but he's unfortunately also unelectable.

We need a President -Prime Minister system,I think .
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by Sweetnecta: 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2011
Hymen has all the trappings of Islam.

but in other thread[s] she said, Muslim ke? no o. I am a [named denomination] christian.

when are you going to let the light of guidance into your heart?

God has provided you with proofs. if only in your beloved LB, that is your own sign.

You must be the one who comes to your Lord God willingly in the correct nature. then, you will see the beauty of the light of guidance.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by hymen(f): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Hymen has all the trappings of Islam.

but in other thread[s] she said, Muslim ke? no o. I am a [named denomination] christian.

when are you going to let the light of guidance into your heart?

God has provided you with proofs. if only in your beloved LB, that is your own sign.

You must be the one who comes to your Lord God willingly in the correct nature. then, you will see the beauty of the light of guidance.
You are quite right. Very reasonable and balanced people like LB make me really take a second and much more favourable look at Islam. On the other hand,I sometimes think God is preparing him (LagosBoy) for His use to further the message of Jesus Christ.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by Lagosboy: 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2011
hymen:

You are quite right. Very reasonable and balanced people like LB make me really take a second and much more favourable look at Islam. On the other hand,I sometimes think God is preparing him (LagosBoy) for His use to further the message of Jesus Christ.

Thanks Hymen and i say amen to the prayer/thought. May God use me in positve ways to further the message of Jesus PBUH and infact all the prophets of God PBUT all. The message is simple and direct which is the call of mankind to submit and worship their creator without associating patners to him.

But less i forget this prayer is taking too long o cos no hidden agenda   wink
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by Lagosboy: 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
congoshine:

I think you should change your signature to Join the BB2015 train then cheesy cheesy cheesy .
Lets be frank,Buhari for all his good traits isn't electable.

The best president IMO would have been Mallam El-Rufai,but he's unfortunately also unelectable.

We need a President -Prime Minister system,I think .

El Rufai has a better chance penetrating the SW region and with the help of Buhari some of the northern votes. 4 years is a million light years in politics and dynamics could all change in the next 4 years.

Buhari will not contest in 2015 so it wouldnt be BB2015 , however we will continue to work for the Buharism ideology and principles and support candidates with such good qualities.
Re: Lagosboy : Forgiveness In Islam by congoshine(m): 3:59pm On May 03, 2011
Lagosboy:

El Rufai has a better chance penetrating the SW region and with the help of Buhari some of the northern votes. 4 years is a million light years in politics and dynamics could all change in the next 4 years.

Buhari will not contest in 2015 so it wouldnt be BB2015 , however we will continue to work for the Buharism ideology and principles and support candidates with such good qualities.
The fact is Buhari has no real ideology apart from the fact that he comes across as being incorruptible.

If you really test him on foreign policy,macro-economic indicators or socio-cultural interpretations of the law,he like most nigerian politicians will come out with F9.

In addition,I'd rather put my trust in someone that has started & managed a business than one who spent entire working life in government/civil service.

Lets push for Mallam El-Rufai in 2015 or better still LagosBoy for 2015 cheesy cheesy !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Collection Of Favorite Islamic Songs / One Eyed Veil For Muslim Women. What Are Your Thoughts? / What The Bible Says About Mohammed (peace Be Upon Him) The Prophet Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.