Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,197 members, 7,873,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:24 PM

Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas (452 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Even some Non Christians Will Make Heaven / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by smile11s(m): 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
What is Christmas?

Christmas was traditionally a Christian festival celebrating the birth of Jesus, but in the early 20th century, it also became a secular family holiday, observed by Christians and non-Christians alike.

Most of the decorations or items used to signify Christmas, like Christmas trees does not actually have anything to do with Christianity but more from its pagan roots and history. Today it is more commercial, gifts, lights, parties, family time and so on.

By the way, I’m a traditionalist and I celebrate Christmas.

As a non Christian, why do you celebrate Christmas?
Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by OlawaleBammie: 7:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Wooo ogbeni, eni odun balaye lonsodun o

Only fanatics do segregate,

To me, humanity before religion ni lojokojo
Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by Ladylite: 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
smile11s:
What is Christmas?

Christmas was traditionally a Christian festival celebrating the birth of Jesus, but in the early 20th century, it also became a secular family holiday, observed by Christians and non-Christians alike.

Most of the decorations or items used to signify Christmas, like Christmas trees does not actually have anything to do with Christianity but more from its pagan roots and history. Today it is more commercial, gifts, lights, parties, family time and so on.

Because Christmas, Santa clause, spreading cheer and all of it has nothing to do with the real Bible. It's a pagan celebration
Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by smile11s(m): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
Ladylite:

Because Christmas, Santa clause, spreading cheer and all of it has nothing to do with the real Bible. It's a pagan celebration

True! Only if everyone knows it’s a pagan celebration

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by Righteousness2(m): 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
JESUS is the Reason for the Celebration of Christmas!

No Matter How the World Inhabitants try to Pretend, the World knows JESUS!
The World and its. Inhabitants can pretend to be this or that , but they Know JESUS is LORD.

Even those who claim not to know GOD, once they encounter danger, the first thing you hear From them is JESUS!!

Anywhere you are, abeg Celebrate the Birth of The KING OF Kings

Merry Christmas

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by smile11s(m): 8:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
Righteousness2:
JESUS is the Reason for the Celebration of Christmas!

No Matter How the World Inhabitants try to Pretend, the World knows JESUS!
The World and its. Inhabitants can pretend to be this or that , but they Know JESUS is LORD.

Even those who claim not to know GOD, once they encounter danger, the first thing you hear From them is JESUS!!

Anywhere you are, abeg Celebrate the Birth of The KING OF Kings

Merry Christmas

I think you mean birth of Jesus? That’s different from Christmas though because he wasn’t born on Christmas Day.
Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by Righteousness2(m): 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
smile11s:

I think you mean birth of Jesus? That’s different from Christmas though because he wasn’t born on Christmas Day.

Bro, Christmas is a Celebration of birth of JESUS Christ. Nothing else

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by Freestainworld(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Righteousness2:

Was Jesus really born on the 25th of December? I know you will say yes but research
Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by Righteousness2(m): 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
Freestainworld:
Was Jesus really born on the 25th of December? I know you will say yes but research

Irrespective of when JESUS Christ was Born, we Celebrate His Birth December 25th.

Leave long stories..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by Kobojunkiee: 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
smile11s:
What is Christmas?

Simple! It is a Holiday! Yet another day to rest, kick it up and enjoy some good food and booze with friends and family.
Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by smile11s(m): 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Righteousness2:

How does Christmas tree relate to the birth of Christ?
Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by Righteousness2(m): 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
smile11s:

Are u Celebrating JESUS or Christmas tree?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by Freestainworld(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
Righteousness2:

Irrespective of when JESUS Christ was Born, we Celebrate His Birth December 25th.

Leave long stories..
we claim to follow Bible principles as Christians, but did you see how a little question flood you on the ground, celebrating what is not in the Bible, I rest my case, a law initiated by a man.
Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by adadike(f): 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
Righteousness2:

Are u Celebrating JESUS or Christmas tree?
good question! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by smile11s(m): 10:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
adadike:
good question! cheesy

It depends
Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by obonujoker(m): 6:05am On Dec 25, 2020
smile11s:

Your are celebrating Jesus Christ... Forget about tree... People also share gifts to one another...
Re: Why Do Non Christians Celebrate Christmas by moradeyo59302: 6:42am On Dec 25, 2020
: Was Jesus really born on the 25th of December? I know you will say yes but researchIrrespective of when JESUS Christ was Born, we Celebrate His Birth December 25th.Leave long stories..

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Know I Am Saved? Or Born Again? / What Is The Essence Of Feet Washing in the church ? / Great Revival In Pakistan As Young Evangelist Converts Over 16000 Souls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.