Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,570 members, 7,914,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:19 AM

Gunmen Today Shot Three Policemen Dead In Katsina-ala Benue - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Today Shot Three Policemen Dead In Katsina-ala Benue (685 Views)

Bandits Strike In Katsina-Ala Benue, Kill 7, Injures 5 Others (Graphic Pictures) / Herdsmen Kill Three Policemen In Delta / Why We Killed Three Policemen On Covert Duty "Nigerians Army Revealed" (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Today Shot Three Policemen Dead In Katsina-ala Benue by blazesam(m): 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
Three policemen have been killed by unknown gunmen suspected to be bandits at the residence of Alfred Avalumun Atera, chairman of Katsina-Ala local government area of Benue state.

WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that some civilians were also killed in the incident which occurred on Thursday morning.

Police public relations officer in the state, Catherine Anene confirmed the tragic incident but did not go into details.

“Three policemen were killed and investigation has commenced,” she said in a statement.

The executive governor of the state, Samuel Ortom described the incident as an assassination attempt on the chairman of Katsina-Ala.

In a statement by Terver Akase, his spokesman, Ortom asked security operatives to bring the perpetrators to justice.

He assured the people of Sankera and other parts of the state that his administration will not relent in its collaboration with security agencies to curb crime.

“Governor Ortom commiserates with families of those who lost their lives during the attack on Atera’s house and states that their killers will not escape justice,” the statement read.

This is coming hours after governor of Ekiti state, Kayode Fayemi stated that his counterparts are tired and frustrated over the high level of insecurity in the country.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Today Shot Three Policemen Dead In Katsina-ala Benue by blazesam(m): 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
That the home of late Gana... Revolution has started in the area I guess. All uniform men should be careful I suggest
Re: Gunmen Today Shot Three Policemen Dead In Katsina-ala Benue by Karemarealty288(m): 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
Nigeria has reached boiling point.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Today Shot Three Policemen Dead In Katsina-ala Benue by Freestainworld(m): 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2020
Is somebody expecting me to say sorry or RIP, can't pity police men again, what ever they get, they deserve it big time.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Today Shot Three Policemen Dead In Katsina-ala Benue by illicit(m): 9:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
Well....

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Today Shot Three Policemen Dead In Katsina-ala Benue by kabillionaire(m): 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2020
blazesam:
That the home of late Gana... Revolution has started in the area I guess. All uniform men should be careful I suggest

This one is not revolution, gana was a common criminal and those are the boys he trained.
Re: Gunmen Today Shot Three Policemen Dead In Katsina-ala Benue by tit(f): 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2020
Fulanis headsmen on patrol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys A Disgrace To Hardworking Africans And Nigerians / Popular Boutique Owner Who Was Abducted By Kidnappers Released (video) / Casual Workers: Nigeria’s Banking Sector Turning Female Marketers To Sexual Slav

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.