Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,981 members, 7,938,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Website Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review (704 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review by ogzille(m): 11:20am On Mar 28, 2011
Its been quite a long time i did a website last.

Was able to put this one together today.

Go through and tell me what you think

www.BLOCKED
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2011
1) Phone field isn't validating properly. same with order page
2) On order page, why not give them a dropdown for make and model? What if I type it wrong or don't know?
3) Get rid of the make/model scroll at the bottom - distracting
4) Footer links don't match navigation links
5) I would consider using lighter background color
Re: Website Review by ogzille(m): 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2011
@yawa

1. will fix

2. for some reasons kept it tht way

3. hmmmm, considering

4. i think footer and nav links musnt b similar or mayb i dnt reaaly understand what you mean

5 ok

thanks so much
Re: Website Review by instinctg(m): 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2011
aside from functionality, i love its design. its got class
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2011
#4 Count the number of links you have in the nav area and compare that to what you have in your footer.

Hint: Unless I once again smoked some bad stuff this weekend, you are missing "testimony" at the very least.
Re: Website Review by ogzille(m): 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2011
@yawa, maybe there is something im yet to grab. Must i repeat all the links in footer too? i do not think its necessary
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2011
maybe not necessary as in, "if you don't do it, you will die" but for consistency purposes, yes it is necessary. In the absence of "back to top" links, it would be nice if you could make my life (and that of potential buyers) easier by providing the same links at the bottom so I don't have to scroll up each time wink
Re: Website Review by ogzille(m): 4:01pm On Mar 28, 2011
ok, didnt consider it necessary because the pages are short; maybe for potential long pages , will add back to top. thanks

@instinctg, thanks
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2011
I think you have a great site. keep up the good work. However, please ignore the advice of YAWATIDE! i.e.

Same links in footer and top navigation. MRS YAWATIDE keeps encouraging everyone to do it. Still don't know why.
Also, don't see any reason why you need "back to top" links. Even CNN does not have that.

@YAWATIDE, one day i would be patient to understand and dissect your website (, best nairaland reviewer!)

But could you just explain why your domain name leads to http://www.acewebdev.com/
and your portfolio page on the same site leads to http://www.aceminot.com/portfolio.php

It is an explanation i look forward to getting, not just me but everyone else here.

This fits the S.I.N. syndrome I posted on just recently: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-633325.0.html

for the umpteenth time, that site is not mine: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-629800.0.html#msg7994927

Now, to the main meat of the matter:

Please read what I wrote to ogzille. It is all about consistency and usability. Are you required to wipe your ass after you take a dump? No. but would it help prevent craw-craw and foul smell if you did? yes

Geez!
Re: Website Review by ogzille(m): 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
i think the issue of putting all links at the footer is subjective esp when short pages are in question
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2011
So, as I said:

Are you required to wipe your backside after you take a dump? No. but would it help prevent craw-craw and foul smell if you did? yes

Again, it's all about consistency and usability. To start with, you can't say for a fact that your pages will forever remain short so why not code for the future?

At the end of the day, you don't have to do anything I say. You asked for a review and I gave it to you. All I am trying to do here is learn and be taught. At the end of the day, if we can be good enough for the outsources to dump china and india in favor of Nigeria, I will be the happiest woman on earth smiley
Re: Website Review by ogzille(m): 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2011
baa yawa
Re: Website Review by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2011
This Ogzille guy! I secretly fear him!

**Zooms off for a long round of coding with Chinenye**
Re: Website Review by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2011
as long as es not my chinenye, i will let you live. . .muhahahaha
Re: Website Review by Slyr0x: 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2011
Yawa pls can you just f.cu.king stop replying to all ths backward ppz?

Subject says: Website Review. .If you aint got GOOD contributions then keep MUTE.
Re: Website Review by ogzille(m): 8:58pm On Mar 28, 2011
@slyrox, dnt seem to understand,
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 9:45pm On Mar 28, 2011
slyrox, i respect you but when my reputation is at stake, I am very obsessed with protecting it, especially when what is being peddled is false.

I will stop when they stop tongue
Re: Website Review by ogzille(m): 9:49pm On Mar 28, 2011
Slyr0x:

Yawa pls can you just f.cu.king stop replying to all ths backward ppz?

Subject says: Website Review. .If you aint got GOOD contributions then keep MUTE.

@slyrox, nawa o!

yawa-ti-de:

,  but when my reputation is at stake, ,

pls yawa who dey put your reputation at stake on my thread? nawa o!
Re: Website Review by Slyr0x: 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
Ogzille, read Alleno's post. There's also another thread "Good Criticism". .iBelieve that's the genesis.

#InOtherNews http://www.BLOCKED/ ==> #madt Design. .gr8 work bruv. .
Re: Website Review by ogzille(m): 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2011
@yawa, puzo, alleno, slyrox, thnks
Re: Website Review by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2011
[size=2pt]*creeps slowly outta the thread*[/size]
Re: Website Review by ogzille(m): 7:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
*dhtml:

[size=2pt]*creeps slowly outta the thread*[/size]

why na?
Re: Website Review by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2011
i dey fear fear before them throw bomb for here!
Re: Website Review by ogzille(m): 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2011
bomb ke! which bomb? who wan throw am? are u a militant?
Re: Website Review by inspiredm(m): 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2011
wink
Re: Website Review by Slyr0x: 12:17am On Apr 04, 2011
^^^ iSwear bruv. .Standard Job u got there! wink
Re: Website Review by guru01(m): 1:15am On Apr 04, 2011
Please help me review this site.
http://bubbleunder.mobile2user.com

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

New Socail Network Review / 3 Easy Steps Making Money From Google / Why? Nigeria Developers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.