Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:03 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1355270 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Rabato: 8:46am On Feb 24, 2021
Dembele11:
VISA ALERT!!!
So i finally got my visa after registering biometrics at the TLS office Abuja on the 12th Of January (PRIORITY), yes you read that right 12th of Jan 2021.

The date on my passport showed that it was approved on the 15th of Jan (3 days after my biometrics) and sent to Nigeria. I really do not know why it took that long. i still feel cheated and i want to get a refund.

i like wahala

Send the visa back and tell them you want it with a refund because of the delay, they will give it you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 8:47am On Feb 24, 2021
Search for Centrepoint cargo, London on google to get their contact and rates. Last time I used them, I paid N700/kg but not sure what their rates are now. I used them between 2017 and 2019 and they delivered from between 5 -14 days.
You can also use Google to search for others to compare rates
kcmontez:
Please, who knows an affordable cargo company that I can use to send my luggage to the UK. The excess luggage that appeared from nowhere is not a joke especially with local flight. Am sure int'l flight I will be ok but local flights is looking like wahala! Don't have money to waste abeg help a sister! I am travelling with my husband and 2 children.

Please, anyone that travelled recently...let me ask. Is there any thing you wish you had left behind and things you wish you had come with. Need to reduce my load abeg.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayalade123: 8:47am On Feb 24, 2021
Hi everyone, is anyone schooling in Wales at the moment, Can you please dm.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mumsytwinny: 8:52am On Feb 24, 2021
Nkem222:
how is 9,600 that for international students. My offer too states 9600
7500 - 9600 Pounds is for international students in 2021 September.....Clearly stated on the school website and offer letters.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by wizzy2021: 8:56am On Feb 24, 2021
Aishat4jesus:
Hello house, I will be traveling soon and my friend in the uk told me... She wants me to help her get a black soap.. I told her I will buy it.. Buh she said she has already sent someone to help her ordered it... Dat d person will bring it to my house... Please house is it advisable I help her bring it to the uk.... What if it is drugs disguised as black soap. I don't really know this friend someone connected me to her.... What should I do? MY HUSBAND TOLD ME NOT TO HELP ANYBODY... CONSIDERING WHAT WE AV SPENT TO secure this visa...Dat I shouldn't trust any 1

I work at the Airport. Do not! I repeat, do not take that black soap to England. Tell her you bring it, then later tell her you forgot it.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:00am On Feb 24, 2021
Biakwa:

Good evening @justwise,

Please I need an advise,my wife is currently on her post study visa in Ireland,she has not gotten job yet to apply for the family,but she is doing a health care job,but they advising me to take UK student visa to enable me take my kids to UK then she come and join us in UK and we settle there or take student visa to Ireland to meet her then start filling for the children (2 kids). Please which one is the best route considering she has spent almost 2 years in Ireland.Please help review request, what is the pros and cons of the two places.. Please anyone with such issue too?

Firstly what will it cost her to bring you and the kids to join her?

Will she be able to extend that visa or change to other types of visa that will pave way to permanent residency?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:02am On Feb 24, 2021
Vick6666:

Hi is there anything wrong with someone helping you build an account ??

Yes , that is fraud.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samgalaxy: 9:12am On Feb 24, 2021
For those that recently traveled, what UK phone number did you use to complete the after-arrival COVID test form? please urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olajhiday: 9:44am On Feb 24, 2021
Please can one use his/her partners' account statement if you're married and the account isn't a joint account? or must the money be in the applicant's account?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kingp91: 9:56am On Feb 24, 2021
Hi please on the university of hull site I still see that their courses are expensive and not 9k pounds, or does it change when they offer you admission?
emmaze2000:

Let’s link up, going to Hull too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by floxymosun: 9:58am On Feb 24, 2021
FieryJoe:
My wife's the applicant. Already applied to Sheffield, no scholarship offered. Intake is this March. Read on their site that scholarship is for Jan and Sept intake.

Interview done and now awaiting their further instructions so she can pay deposit and receive CAS after the required docs had been submitted.

Interview was over zoom and questions were about why chosen social work, your study goals, branches of social work and then a live essay on attitude requires of a social worker...

Please has she gotten the offer? i am also waiting for them.

[quote author=floxymosun post=99373842][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Royalty63: 10:14am On Feb 24, 2021
[quote author=Dembele11 post=99369210]VISA ALERT!!!
So i finally got my visa after registering biometrics at the TLS office Abuja on the 12th Of January (PRIORITY), yes you read that right 12th of Jan 2021.

The date on my passport showed that it was approved on the 15th of Jan (3 days after my biometrics) and sent to Nigeria. I really do not know why it took that long. i still feel cheated and i want to get a refund.

i like wahala

Congratulations !! Your patience needs to be studied. I did biometrics on the 4th of feb at TLS Abuja, Priority and till now no feedback. Did you get a non straight forward mail? Did you ever contact UKVI? The anxiety this wait causes no be here o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by floxymosun: 10:29am On Feb 24, 2021
hi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by EmeraldMars: 11:02am On Feb 24, 2021
hi everyone

can i use one bank statement printed once to request for CAS and apply for visa?

if i print my statement today Feb 24 can i use that same statement over the course of one month without re-printing it?

help please cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Esther89: 11:37am On Feb 24, 2021
Mumsytwinny:

7500 - 9600 Pounds is for international students in 2021 September.....Clearly stated on the school website and offer letters.

Please for which university ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 24, 2021
Good morning everyone

Please can anyone give steps on how to apply for visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DMainMan: 11:45am On Feb 24, 2021
Dharmzy370:
Does this rule applies for bsc?
Yes. BSc will get 2 yrs post study visa. But BSc students cannot bring dependent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by chrisj2(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2021
kcmontez:
Please, who knows an affordable cargo company that I can use to send my luggage to the UK. The excess luggage that appeared from nowhere is not a joke especially with local flight. Am sure int'l flight I will be ok but local flights is looking like wahala! Don't have money to waste abeg help a sister! I am travelling with my husband and 2 children.

Please, anyone that travelled recently...let me ask. Is there any thing you wish you had left behind and things you wish you had come with. Need to reduce my load abeg.

Foods! Almost all foods can be left behind because food is food and if you shop wisely and not hung up on eating Nja foods, you will be fine. We all eat too much anyways!
Then clothes, forget most of your Nigerian attire - take just a few good ones - where are you going to be going or are you coming to UK to do owambe.
Next, books and other personal effects that will just gather space in your house for many years to come.
Mind you! You gave allocation for every single traveller including the children, do how come you are 70kg over? Get rid of beans and rice and meats - no need!

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Futureukstudent: 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
wizzy2021:

I work at the Airport. Do not! I repeat, do not take that black soap to England. Tell her you bring it, then later tell her you forgot it.
why cant she just tell her she can't outrightly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by chrisj2(m): 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
Swiftylistic:
What did you do to get free appliances on gumtree

More free stuff on Facebook than gumtree. Sometimes people just want to get rid of items especially large items and they invite people to come and collect. Cost of disposal can be high and flytipping na crime

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ibm08: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2021
kcmontez:

70kg

Okay. What is your budget for the excess luggage movement?

Because, 70kg to uk is #176, 476.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
Congratulations smiley

Dembele11:
VISA ALERT!!!

i like wahala

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by chrisj2(m): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
Why are people so particular about Nja foods? Whatever you bring with you will be eaten and finished...

There are all sorts of foods in the UK and many many combinations that are far better than our over reliance on carbohydrates and too much meats...

Moreover, there are African or Asian shops where many items can be bought. Yes, they are more expensive than if purchased in Nja but if you have to pay as an individual not seller or wholesaler to transport food then you might not be better off. And those Nja customs and immigration like to form about foods - bribery and even confiscation at times; at a time one is stressed out.

Kids clothes especially Nja attire will be outgrown and rarely worn unless one is the church type but even so, people wear western clothes to shop.

They sell Maggi here or just buy other types of stock cubes. Panla, dried ponmo, fish, drinks like five alive and so on and so forth - not necessary...

Nja attires so go out of fashion in a year or two...

Sensible shopping, using charity shops (same thing as 'graded' dey plenty... And they will be so cheap after lockdown has ended because people have been clearing out and will go out and spend spend.

If you all have 46 kg, then how can you be 70kg over as a student. Forget your Nja books unless really relevant to your course but we get second hand ones too...

Start enjoyed your packed food before you leave Nja. Thank me later!

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by chrisj2(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2021
Please, do not being indomie, gala or cheese balls - ha ha ha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mumsytwinny: 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
Esther89:

Please for which university ?

Hull

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kingp91: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
I checked their site, I am still seeing high fees
Mumsytwinny:

Hull
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2021
Yes u can if it is within 31days.
E.g u can still use it till march 24
EmeraldMars:
hi everyone

can i use one bank statement printed once to request for CAS and apply for visa?

if i print my statement today Feb 24 can i use that same statement over the course of one month without re-printing it?

help please cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
U can use it ,if only u are applying together. If not,tell ur spouse to transfer it to ur account
olajhiday:
Please can one use his/her partners' account statement if you're married and the account isn't a joint account? or must the money be in the applicant's account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Innocent94(m): 1:40pm On Feb 24, 2021
Bigfish01:

Hello bro, have you been debited. If yes what’s their rate
just got debited today,rate is 590...quite high but it’s faster
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Buku: 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ezriela:
Yes u can if it is within 31days.
E.g u can still use it till march 24

Yes you can as far as it is not yet 31 days old
I printed my statement on 4th of January, applied on 20th of January and did biometrics on 26th . Visa was approved on 1st of February.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
wizzy2021:

Thanks... I will not... I will tell her I forgot... I can't risk anytin o

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mumsytwinny: 2:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
Kingp91:
I checked their site, I am still seeing high fees
Perhap you are checking the wrong place.... check directly under your chosen course...then check international
A good examples is AI Fees below.

https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/artificial-intelligence-and-data-science-msc

Fees and funding
Home:
£9,000
UK students can take out a Master’s Loan to help with tuition fees and living costs. For 2020 entry, they provide up to £11,222 for full-time and part-time taught and research Masters courses in all subject areas, increasing to £11,570 for entry in the 2021/22 academic year. Find out more about Postgraduate Loans.

EU/International:
£9,000
International applicants may need to pay a tuition fee deposit before the start of the course. Visit our tuition fee deposit page for more information.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.