Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,975 members, 7,931,378 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 12:48 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1390383 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2021
I agree totally!!! @Prisscindy consider these comments.

hapiaka:
So all these has been about the exchange rate,
the school Rep is trying to safe u, she/he is aware of many have been refused visa cos of this, I did strong head for me own and used 550 as benchmark when's she advised I use 600 after and boom CBN change things...
Use that benchmark,for the school to trust him that much he/she is truly trusted.

Deering1008:
I’m not a pro here but to my best of knowledge setting benchmark with black market rate of 650 is to the best advantage of the applicant looking at the dwindling rate of naira, naira can fall with a margin of 150 naira within a month. Anything is possible in the country we found ourselves so why no save himself of any unforeseen wahala and play by the rules of the school? I did my proof of payment in April, my school rep suggested 650 but I used 700 instead as benchmark... If he can afford it then he can go ahead.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oscarpellenchy: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
Good afternoon gurus in the house,
Pls I have a situation at hand that needs your candid advise. After paying tuition fee deposit for my wife and getting ready to receive our CAS from the school as we planned a joint visa application ( wife and I ), it was discovered that the she has an issue with the TB test and was asked to proceed on a test which would take 8-10 weeks...knowing fully well that the TB test result might be late then for September admission. Now I need your advise, can I seek for a refund from her school since we are not sure of the TB test status for now while I proceed with my own admission process ( i already have offers from some schools) and go alone for now ( while other family members wud join me later) or I still defer her admission till after her TB result is out and then proceed from there?...Pls advise....cc Justwise and other gurus...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jamesobedbaisel: 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2021
Mykaelolalekan:
I sent my POF on the 3rd of June 2021. Within 3 days after sending a mail and copy all the school staff to notify them that I have uploaded my POF.

Okay. Nice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by K4daniel: 3:03pm On Jun 11, 2021
Deering1008:
I’m not a pro here but to my best of knowledge setting benchmark with black market rate of 650 is to the best advantage of the applicant looking at the dwindling rate of naira, naira can fall with a margin of 150 naira within a month. Anything is possible in the country we found ourselves so why no save himself of any unforeseen wahala and play by the rules of the school? I did my proof of payment in April, my school rep suggested 650 but I used 700 instead as benchmark... If he can afford it then he can go ahead.

It doesn't make sense when the yardstick for measuring our exchange rate is oanda, you're there giving excess rate as a rep, make I no curse somebody ooo..Lol.But you and I know that most uk schools will use oanda.com, agent or whoever bringing up excess rate is rubbish, most of the schools rep are guiding and advising their students on the normal rate giving by Oanda, Besides if he had attended to the guy like a good rep, there wouldn't have been issues. But the school rep is proofing difficult to release CAS which is meant for the student and demanding irrelevant money that's extortions. School too is not ready to listen. I feel for the guy sha.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lianalexa: 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2021
Amylew:
UBA form A rate for today, 587.02.
Not yet debited but the manager said it won't take long, max 3 to 4 days, as the one she did for someone yesterday had been approved.

I used first bank. Timeline is two weeks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
I booked TB test appointment online on IOM website with my old passport number.Can I send IOM mail quoting the reference number and requesting them to update my passport number to new one and also add my family to the booked appointment.

Or do I need to cancel the initial one and send them email to book the family afresh.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2021
oscarpellenchy:
Good afternoon gurus in the house,
Pls I have a situation at hand that needs your candid advise. After paying tuition fee deposit for my wife and getting ready to receive our CAS from the school as we planned a joint visa application ( wife and I ), it was discovered that the she has an issue with the TB test and was asked to proceed on a test which would take 8-10 weeks...knowing fully well that the TB test result might be late then for September admission. Now I need your advise, can I seek for a refund from her school since we are not sure of the TB test status for now while I proceed with my own admission process ( i already have offers from some schools) and go alone for now ( while other family members wud join me later) or I still defer her admission till after her TB result is out and then proceed from there?...Pls advise....cc Justwise and other gurus...

You can try both..ask for refund if they refused then defer while the TB issues is sorted out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Deering1008: 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2021
No need to curse somebody lol.. My advice is just an opinion, it doesn’t necessarily mean he should go by it. Just know that federal government will not think of oanda before deregulating the naira. All man for himself. Peace
K4daniel:

It doesn't make sense when the yardstick for measuring our exchange rate is oanda, you're there giving excess rate as a rep, make I no curse somebody ooo..Lol.But you and I know that most uk schools will use oanda.com, agent or whoever bringing up excess rate is rubbish, most of the schools rep are guiding and advising their students on the normal rate giving by Oanda, Besides if he had attended to the guy like a good rep, there wouldn't have been issues. But the school rep is proofing difficult to release CAS which is meant for the student and demanding irrelevant money that's extortions. School too is not ready to listen. I feel for the guy sha.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by caleb00(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
Mykaelolalekan:
I sent fidelity bank statement to my school (Teesside) for my POF . My school has in turn sent a mail to fidelity to confirm the authenticity of the statement and put me in copy of the mail. It has been 3 days now, fidelity bank is yet to respond. Does anyone has experience with fidelity bank in Statement confirmation and how I go about it to get them confirm promptly.

Fidelity is a useless bank, I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t respond. What I think you can do is message them on social media and let them know the specific email address it was sent to also go to a branch and let them know it’s urgent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akanniade10(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2021
No agent should hold down someone’s application for any reason.

what if the applicant can’t afford the excess rate the agent is using as a benchmark.

As at today oanda is 582, so are we saying.

In as much as you want to play safe, you don’t have to inconvenient your client.

My agent told me 650-700, guess what? I used 620 because i can afford it. And i’m sure as hell I am still playing safe

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
The way I see it , u only have 3 options here;

1. Top up your tuition fee so you don't have to start counting 28days all over again and Bassey can release your cas

2. Source for funds and top up your POF and wait for another 28days

3. if you have other unconditional offer from a school that is not so stringent with their CAS issuance policy, request for your refund and apply for CAS with them, (this option may take time too).

I have had the worst experience (that I do not care to recount) with University of southwales and those two parties u mentioned( Joe and Bassey). If u read my previous thread , u will see what i also went through regarding these CAS issue.

But I thank God I quickly did the needful,now I have my CAS from Sheffield. I just got notified by my bank that they have gotten my refund from them(took 10working days).

So my advice, make up your mind on what to do next and fast, as time is running out o.

Prisscindy:

The rep held on to his cas. He hasn't seen it yet but uni has released it.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by K4daniel: 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
Deering1008:
No need to curse somebody lol.. My advice is just an opinion, it doesn’t necessarily mean he should go by it. Just know that federal government will not think of oanda before deregulating the naira. All man for himself. Peace

Lol, my man I get you, I just think it's wisdom to know what is use as a yardstick. Have you seen a student visa refusal before? They will never analyse any refusal base on CBN parallel or official rate. Nevertheless no crime if you have the money use cbn rate. The rule of tomb is to try and increase our deposit with a top up that will cover any fluctuations in oanda not the federal government CBN rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2021
Regarding this issue of the school rep holding onto his/her CAS statement because of their different view on benchmark to use for pound/Naira rate for POF, my school rep once told me to use 650 rate to Lodge my funds, then I told her I can't afford it that I plan to use 620, she said it's risky due to Naira fluctuations, then I told her not to worry that before I will use the POF for application, I will check the closing rate for each an every day of the 28days to be sure my Naira equivalent never goes below what Is required, then she said ok, if I can do that, no problem and that I should send it to her at the end of 28days to review, so I think he/she should make the rep see reasons, with understanding, two can agree.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tochil123: 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
Hello guys, please can I pay for IHS and Visa fee with euro card from access bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Prisscindy(f): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
Yemolu:
The way I see it , u only have 3 options here;

1. Top up your tuition fee so you don't have to start counting 28days all over again and Bassey can release your cas

2. Source for funds and top up your POF and wait for another 28days

3. if you have other unconditional offer from a school that is not so stringent with their CAS issuance policy, request for your refund and apply for CAS with them, (this option may take time too).

I have had the worst experience (that I do not care to recount) with University of southwales and those two parties u mentioned( Joe and Bassey). If u read my previous thread , u will see what i also went through regarding these CAS issue.

But I thank God I quickly did the needful,now I have my CAS from Sheffield. I just got notified by my bank that they have gotten my refund from them(took 10working days).

So my advice, make up your mind on what to do next and fast, as time is running out o.

Wow, I never knew they were like that. My sister finished from USW this February and her cas was sent to her directly.

Maybe the ment just started

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by imback(m): 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
imback:
Hello house,

What dates are advisable to be put down on the application form for someone going to the UK for a one-year masters in september? I will be staying with family.

1.Date you will arrive this UK address.
2.Date you will leave this address.

I plan on staying in the UK, with family, after the masters. Thanks

Can anyone please advise on this? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ab7890: 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2021
balogz:
I booked TB test appointment online on IOM website with my old passport number.Can I send IOM mail quoting the reference number and requesting them to update my passport number to new one and also add my family to the booked appointment.

Or do I need to cancel the initial one and send them email to book the family afresh.

Thank you

Don't cancel the appointment. You can send them the email and you will get the opportunity to change it on the day of the test.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dietminute: 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2021
Please whats ihs fee for a program msc of 18months? Somebody help ooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2021
Exactly, even before other offers come pls start applying now to other schools, it's not that bad now..person never even start school, wahala don plenty like this, just back out from this mess, advise him to apply to other better universities. Him head no accept that sch abeg.

USW!!! Huun, my daughter got an Unconditional offer, but she was not comfortable with the university, she googled the location of the school and found out that to travel from the school to the city will take hours, the school is in a small town.

Thank God that she have other offer from Leeds Beckett.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2021
These stories from USW aren’t too pleasant......

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tochil123: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2021
tochil123:
Hello guys, please can I pay for IHS and Visa fee with euro card from access bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2021
Ab7890:

Don't cancel the appointment. You can send them the email and you will get the opportunity to change it on the day of the test.

Oh thank you but is it possible they add my family to my appointment if I requested that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Prisscindy(f): 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2021
Deering1008:
Give what is unto Cesar to Cesar... Don’t try to implicate someone certified by the school... It may bounce back on you

I am very sure you don't know this man, implicate who? When he handled my sister's application then ehn, he told her she couldn't combine two accounts for her and her family's application, he also said they must pay for super priority instead of priority service because she had 14 days to resume. I had to step in and told him not to worry that I'd handle it. I did and everything was fine. They got their visas including their adopted child.

Moreover, this man doesn't research that much. A rep that doesn't know that it's the date you pay for your application, ukvi will use to calculate your POF using oanda and not any benchmark. All these things are in the caseworker notes on gov.uk.

See ehn, whatever UKVI says is final. They have their criteria, if you follow it, there won't be a problem.

If they say put £10k in your account, if you put the exact thing, they won't say otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Prisscindy(f): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2021
hapiaka:
the school Rep is trying to safe u, she/he is aware of many have been refused visa cos of this, I did strong head for me own and used 550 as benchmark when's she advised I use 600 after and boom CBN change things...
Use that benchmark,for the school to trust him that much he/she is truly trusted.

He should know better that once you submit, increase in exchange rate doesn't concern you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Prisscindy(f): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2021
cdieli:
Applyto another school

That was what I told the guy o because them just dey vex me with their stress. The guy has paid £6400 and he's scared of his money hanging.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2021
NwachukwuEjima:
Hey house good morning pls I did my biometrics since last week Tuesday and paid for Priority yesterday was day 5, and today is day 6 already and no information from them still?? 2 other friends of mine today is day 5 they paid for Priority too and no information too on there side. Pls any idea as what may be wrong . We all are Sept intakes Priority is within 5 working days??

Bro any news yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Prisscindy(f): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2021
hapiaka:

It's like you don't understand. This guy has his bank statement ready, if he pays for his visa application today, UKVI will use today's oanda rate to calculate his required POF, so why the unnecessary stress?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Deering1008: 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2021
I agree with you sir/ma.... I only made suggestions on the pof... The most important things is to have everything go smoothly on the path of the applicant and put the rest in God’s hands for a positive result (visa). From what I have learnt so far on this wonderful platform, Getting uk visa is all about doing what is right and hope for the best result..
Prisscindy:

I am very sure you don't know this man, implicate who? When he handled my sister's application then ehn, he told her she couldn't combine two accounts for her and her family's application, he also said they must pay for super priority instead of priority service because she had 14 days to resume. I had to step in and told him not to worry that I'd handle it. I did and everything was fine. They got their visas including their adopted child.

Moreover, this man doesn't research that much. A rep that doesn't know that it's the date you pay for your application, ukvi will use to calculate your POF using oanda and not any benchmark. All these things are in the caseworker notes on gov.uk.

See ehn, whatever UKVI says is final. They have their criteria, if you follow it, there won't be a problem.

If they say put £10k in your account, if you put the exact thing, they won't say otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Prisscindy(f): 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2021
K4daniel:

The thing dey vex me gan. I told the guy to collect his money back and go somewhere else. No be by force

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
imback:

Can anyone please advise on this? Thanks
For date you will arrive the address, pick a day that is a week to your resumption, that is course start date.
Then for day that you will leave the address, pick a day that is a week after your course end date

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Prisscindy(f): 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2021
akanniade10:
No agent should hold down someone’s application for any reason.

what if the applicant can’t afford the excess rate the agent is using as a benchmark.

As at today oanda is 582, so are we saying.

In as much as you want to play safe, you don’t have to inconvenient your client.

My agent told me 650-700, guess what? I used 620 because i can afford it. And i’m sure as hell I am still playing safe

God bless you o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by paddedbabe: 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2021
Please any University of Derby applicant here? Did you provide POF before being issued CAS?
The Nigerian rep says we need the POF but the school says that's not a criteria so I'm abit confused because I don't want anything to delay my CAS letter.

Kindly help out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (886)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.