Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:59 PM

Jesus Did Not Want To Be King In This World When Prophesy Said He Should - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Did Not Want To Be King In This World When Prophesy Said He Should (155 Views)

What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? / 65 Biblical Proofs Jesus Did Not Die On The Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Did Not Want To Be King In This World When Prophesy Said He Should by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2020
The angel said to Mary: Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David. 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. 34Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
And then Jesus turned it down here:
John 18:36 "Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”"
John 6:15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

The angel did not say to Mary this was a spiritual kingdom so this topic is not for those that just jump from pillar to post quoting from different Gospels just to try and make up an answer they don't know.

Now if Jesus is the final Messiah then how could the Bible have got this wrong as Jesus has stated that "My kingdom is not of this world" whereas the prophecy is that The Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David.

So Jesus might have come to prepare the way for a final Messiah who will be given the "throne of his father David, And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end"

(1) (Reply)

Will Pope Francis Vaccinate Against Covid-19 - Christiangospeltv / How Many Nigeria Prophets Prophecies Have Really Come To Pass / What's Your Prophecy Or Prediction For This Year 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.