Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,596 members, 7,911,556 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:19 PM

Police Certificate For Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Certificate For Canada (6975 Views)

BREAKING NEWS For Canada Federal Skilled Immigration Applicants Before 27 Feb 08 / Link For Canada Visa / How Do I Arrange Employment For Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Certificate For Canada by Bedos(m): 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2011
Hello 9landers!
Canada and some countries ask for Police certificate, can anybody who has obtained UK or Naija Police Certificate please tell me what it contains inside? I mean what they write on ani individual who ask for it and if they will allow you to see the content!
I am curious before I fill the Canadian visa application forms and be prepared!
Thanks for your help in this matter!

Bedos
Re: Police Certificate For Canada by dellnet: 2:17pm On Mar 28, 2011
in naija they take your finger print and check against records if you're wanted or been convicted. If no then they issue you a character certificate with finger print impressions stating the country you will be going to. the document is valid for 3 months and for only the country stated on the certificate.

1 Like

Re: Police Certificate For Canada by Bedos(m): 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2011
@dell_net thank u for the information.
I understand for Canada the Police Certificate has to be done in
Central Criminal Registry
Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Close Ikoyi
Lagos, Nigeria
according to this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/nigeria.asp
However, if I get it well, the certificate will not be issued to me but to the Canadian Embassy directly.
This is confusing as one has to send the Police certificate with the application of permanent residence!

1 Like

Re: Police Certificate For Canada by dellnet: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2011
Yes the certificate will be given to you unless otherwise indicated I have not seen the latter. From personal experience this is a 15 minutes process at the address you specified above. I think the most difficult thing is taking the finger print impression which is on the application form itself. If you can get a hold of the application form then you should be able to get your certificate without necessarily being there. Please confirm my last statement if you have somebody in Lagos to check it out for you.

1 Like

Re: Police Certificate For Canada by ayoalade(m): 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2011
@ bedos, you've got your information about the location right. You just have to be physically present to have it done since finger printing is also included and going by dell_net's contribution, the certificate will be issued to you and you will have to submit it as part of your required documentation.

1 Like

Re: Police Certificate For Canada by Delta007(m): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2011
ayoalade:

@ bedos, you've got your information about the location right. You just have to be physically present to have it done since finger printing is also included and going by dell_net's contribution, the certificate will be issued to you and you will have to submit it as part of your required documentation.
Actually, the individual does not have to be physically present at Alagbon. It will be easier if the individual goes to Alagbon to get it. However, the individual can send original certified copies of his/her fingerprints and other details through someone in Nigeria, if the said individual does not reside in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Police Certificate For Canada by ayoalade(m): 1:24am On Mar 30, 2011
@ Delta, the assumption I made was that poster resides in Nigeria, in wich case, I will strongly recommend they be present at Alagbon. You're right that those who are not physcially present in Nigeria can have it done provided they have a certified fingerprints usually by the law enforcement in the country where they reside.
Re: Police Certificate For Canada by cherub12(f): 7:33am On Dec 06, 2013
dell_net: in naija they take your finger print and check against records if you're wanted or been convicted. If no then they issue you a character certificate with finger print impressions stating the country you will be going to. the document is valid for 3 months and for only the country stated on the certificate.

do you mean to say that, if I have to apply to several countries within 3 months, I would get police report for all the countries? or I can use the same if still valid.
dell_net: in naija they take your finger print and check against records if you're wanted or been convicted. If no then they issue you a character certificate with finger print impressions stating the country you will be going to. the document is valid for 3 months and for only the country stated on the certificate.

do you mean to say that, if I have to apply to several countries within 3 months, I would get police report for all the countries? or I can use the same if still valid.

1 Like

Re: Police Certificate For Canada by Nobody: 11:47am On May 03, 2021
Hi guys, how can I pay for the UK Police Clearance Certificate. The World Pay seems not to be working. I need this for a Canadian visa application because I have previously lived in the UK but it seems World Pay won't allow me to pay from Nigeria (I am using my UK bank card).

Has anyone paid from Nigeria recently?
CC: Lalastica

(1) (Reply)

PTA/BTA Issues And Parallel Market Exchange Rate: Way Out / 8 English Most Speaking Cities In Nigeria / Stunning Pictures Of Brazil That The Media Won't Show You(photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.