Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,216 members, 7,873,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:00 PM

The Reason Why People Don’t Repent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason Why People Don’t Repent (383 Views)

The Basic Reason Why Nigeria Marriages Fail - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors / Why People Are Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Why People Don’t Repent by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
There’re two reasons why people don’t usually repent:

1. They love their sin.

2. They don't want to sacrifice something. (e.g. imagine telling an atheist who is a college professor to repent. Imagine telling a yahoo boy or a runs girl to repent. What about the greedy people in authority?). They don’t want to pay the high cost. The cost could be anything such as reputation, money, house, family and friends, bitterness, envy, strife, emulation, lifestyle etc...

In the Old Testament, when the Jews want to pray, they surrender everything to the Lord including bitterness. They come out with their hands facing down and their faces bowed to the earth, just like a soldier captured in a battle. They don’t come out with their hands facing the heavens like people do in churches, that simply means "I want more".
Re: The Reason Why People Don’t Repent by Kobojunkiee: 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
iyambz:
There’re two reasons why people don’t usually repent:
1. They love their sin.

2. They don't want to sacrifice something. (e.g. imagine telling an atheist who is a college professor to repent. Imagine telling a yahoo boy or a runs girl to repent. What about the greedy people in authority?). They don’t want to pay the high cost. The cost could be anything such as reputation, money, house, family and friends, bitterness, envy, strife, emulation, lifestyle etc...

In the Old Testament, when the Jews want to pray, they surrender everything to the Lord including bitterness. They come out with their hands facing down and their faces bowed to the earth, just like a soldier captured in a battle. They don’t come out with their hands facing the heavens like people do in churches, that simply means "I want more".
How many of those in your churches today who claim to have repented have indeed paid the cost of turning away from the world and to God, according to the list you posted there? How many of your so-called Pastors/Preachers and GOs in fact paid that cost?

How then do you expect the unbelievers to, seeing all the hypocrisy brandished in the name of God by so-called men of god whom many of your worship and adore even more than God Himself, decide to chose to repent at the words of the very same hypocrites? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why People Don’t Repent by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 28, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
How many of those in your churches today who claim to have repented have indeed paid the cost of turning away from the world and to God, according to the list you posted there? How many of your so-called Pastors/Preachers and GOs in fact paid that cost?

How then do you expect the unbelievers to, seeing all the hypocrisy brandished in the name of God by so-called men of god whom many of your worship and adore even more than God Himself, decide to chose to repent at the words of the very same hypocrites? undecided

I totally agree with you. The Christians manner of life make unbelievers to blaspheme the name of God. If I wasn’t a Christian, I will also believe that Christians worship the wrong god. Everybody is a hypocrite but there are different degree of hypocrisy. Don’t worry about the fake pastors with their mega churches deceiving people, the Lord has already reserved a place for them which is of a greater damnation (Matt 23:14 kjv). Now the Lord has given you a Bible and the Holy Spirit, study the word yourself. The unbelievers also have no excuse according to Romans 1.
Re: The Reason Why People Don’t Repent by Brokeronline: 7:30am On Dec 28, 2020
Watch the moment Apostle joshua selman speaks about honour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBEj12f92I
Re: The Reason Why People Don’t Repent by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2020
Brokeronline:
Watch the moment Apostle joshua selman speaks about honour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBEj12f92I

The last apostle to walk on this Earth was the apostle John (Rev 2:2 kjv).

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Cancels Cross-over Service Nationwide / Global Day Of Prayer With Pastor Chris Live / The Power Of The Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.