Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:13 AM

Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks (42327 Views)

But For My 2,000 Rented Crowd, Buhari Would Have Met Empty Stadium – Umahi / Obasanjo: My Role In Nigerian Politics Is To Raise Alarm / Taiwo Obasanjo: "Tope Adebutu Bent On Destroying Olujonwo Obasanjo, My Son" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by thatigboman: 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bettykeys:
Our developers can claim anything in this country

From Lagos to PH to Binin to Delta to Akwaibom to Obasanjo nd others
is senator adefuye an igboman? We developed Lagos, no 2 ways about that

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by 217seventeen: 5:10am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
OsuAmaka:

No be only Sudanese, they are SudaJews grin

-Osu amaka
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by 217seventeen: 6:03am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
OsuAmaka:
Me don dash you give ibos tey tey. You did an irreparable damage to your lineage denying Awo the Presidential seat. You selfishly sold your legacy to your slave master for as little as biafra was sold for Atiku's ambition.

-Osu amaka
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by 217seventeen: 6:05am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
LegendHero:

You can fight for Nigeria interest and still be conscious of serving Yoruba interest.

It is only the Southerners that always think that you must forget your source because you want to be pro-Nigerian, the Northerners understood that game better than us.
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by 217seventeen: 6:07am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
OsuAmaka:

So, if Awujale said "without proof" that they're not from Ife, has he denied their being Yoruba?..

A flat head is disproportional to common sense.

-Osu amaka
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 29, 2020
meccuno:
Only a fool would say he/she is a proud Nigerian.
an elephantic fool I tell you....its either the fool has not been paying attention, he's not lived long enough or he's born dumb

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by 217seventeen: 6:20am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
LegendHero:

You are 100% right.
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by 217seventeen: 6:20am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
LegendHero:
Ebora Owu.

Although I don’t seems to align with your political school of thought but anyone saying you’re not Yoruba deserves to be taken to Aro and locked up forever.

With regards to the philosophy you mentioned, it’s an insult to even compare you to Awolowo because what Awo did for the Yorubas several decades ago, you haven’t done one-tenth of it so it’s better you continue to claim that nationalistic ideology like you always do.
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by 217seventeen: 6:27am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
LegendHero:

You are 100% right.
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by gwafaeziokwu: 6:45am On Dec 29, 2020
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Abiola won because IBB backed him and this gave most of the south , MB and even parts of the north to vote for him.

It was this endoresment from IBB and a section of the SMC that made people troop out and vote for Abiola.

The Igbo did not vote for Abiola for reasons best known to them and I know they played a huge part in the annulment and were heavily invested in the Abacha govt and Also rock court that they can not be counted in any way or form part of the call to return to democratic rule and I also know they went as far as rallying support for Abacha's transition to civil rule. That's their kind of dirty selfish politics.

grin

Oga, you almost wet your pants trying to lay false accusations against Igbos just to escape wrath of the waste man breathing down your neck. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by gwafaeziokwu: 7:12am On Dec 29, 2020
Just for the records.

Igbos voted for Abiola. That is why he won Anambra and gave a good account of himself in Imo, Abia and Enugu.

But there was no fat chance in hell for Abiola to clear the eastern result because NRC did their home work well by choosing and outstanding personality from Imo state by name Dr.Sylvester Ugo, as vice to Tofa.

Dr. Sylvester Ugo was the Governor of central bank of Biafra during the war. A harvard trained economist. The type of individual that should be running our economy. Almost all the Igbo voting adult as of then knew and appreciated his excellence in managing the Biafran economy. It was a one man board. This man practically single handedly printed all the currency used in Biafra when Nigeria decided to withdraw their own currency from circulating in Biafra. He kept the Biafra economy afloat for three years, he was our own and June 12 1993 was appreciation time.

He would still later serve as a director in the Nigerian central bank after the war ended.

Also by political calculation, a Tofa presidency with Igbo as vice president puts us in strategic position to clinch the presidency after him. Is this not what Yorubas are celebrating today as political sophiscation. Why would the Igbo man vote according to Yoruba interest and downplay our own interest especially when you consider our relationship in recent history.

Sylvester Ugo and Tofa campaign vigorously and got the eastern votes. Abiola on the other hand openly boasted that he can win without Igbo support. He openly displayed his bigotry even before winning the presidential election. Yet, when he won eventually and was denied ,Igbos who love justice stood by him and his people. Many Igbos like Chris Anyanwu almost lost her eyesight in prison fighting for Abiola's mandate to be restored.

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by orisa37: 7:28am On Dec 29, 2020
UNDERSTOOD AND SUPPORTED.
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by orisa37: 7:54am On Dec 29, 2020
UNDERSTOOD AND SUPPORTED.

From Orunto27: THAT WAS THE POSITION OF AWOLOWO, WHICH, AS A MATTER FACT, IS GROSSLY MISUNDERSTOOD AND MISREPRESENTED BY THE YORUBAS, PAST AND PRESENT, WHO PLAY MONEY POLITICS.

AWOLOWO WAS AN INTERNATIONAL FIGURE LIKE YOU. AWOLOWO IS "ODUDUWA 2" AND OBASANJO IS "ODUDUWA 3".

YOU HAVE BOTH DONE YOUR BITS FOR NIGERIA IN INTERNATIONAL POLITICS AND GOD ALMIGHTY KNOWS.

NIGERIA WISHES YOU LONG LIFE AND PROSPERITY.
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by Golan007: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2020
Lies.

Ipob rang this bell so much I'm beginning to believe OBJ is from Anambra.
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by nnamdi640: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2020
Shame to Afonja people that said otherwise.....
They are ready to denial the own son just because of power of 8years.
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by elisho: 8:30am On Dec 29, 2020
i just love this man he is wise
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by CSTRR: 8:32am On Dec 29, 2020
I have never seen a PEOPLE more desperate for power than politicians from the south West.

They would betray anybody including themselves.

What exactly do they even plan on doing with power?

Another 4 more years of incompetence and National decay.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by RedPanthar: 8:33am On Dec 29, 2020
LegendHero:
Ebora Owu.

Although I don’t seems to align with your political school of thought but anyone saying you’re not Yoruba deserves to be taken to Aro and locked up forever.

With regards to the philosophy you mentioned, it’s an insult to even compare you to Awolowo because what Awo did for the Yorubas several decades ago, you haven’t done one-tenth of it so it’s better you continue to claim that nationalistic ideology like you always do.

You guys don't give up with these idiosyncrasies. Please list the so called great achievements of your Awo

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:35am On Dec 29, 2020
Bettykeys:
Our developers can claim anything in this country

From Lagos to PH to Binin to Delta to Akwaibom to Obasanjo nd others
Wow! I didn't even know that Senator Anthony Adefuye was a developer??
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by Saao(m): 8:35am On Dec 29, 2020
Wow very proud of you Baba. I know most of you commenting don't read what he said. Obasanjo is a national asset. He love Nigeria. May God continue to bless you Baba
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by Tomiteko: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2020
How could a normal human being believe that obasanjo is an igbo man? See the reason why that adefuye said that obasanjo is not a yoruba man is because of presidential zoning, he wants people to see that south west has not produced president, so he wants the next president to come from south-west. THIS IS POLITICS. Let's be wise
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by CSTRR: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2020
In 2023, Fayemi, tinubu and maybe osinbajo will re-enact the awolowo/akintola saga in the APC.

Power for the sake of power.

Power that will not even benefit their own people, let alone the rest of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by AerialMapper: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2020
Who cares?
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by thaoriginator: 8:37am On Dec 29, 2020
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by blasterman(m): 8:38am On Dec 29, 2020
next thing u go hear from this useless old school politican is buhari is an igbo man.

this useless et of politicans need to be retired asap

see talk obasanjo is an igbo man

and the funny thing is some nigerians will accept

nigerians are on of the most docile ppl in the world
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by Otuegbe: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2020
tubolancer:
This man didn't try for the southwest at all. Time is ticking fast, those that held the rope that tied Nigeria are fading one by one. Time will tell.....
"WORD"
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by Kingstanding: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2020
meccuno:
. Only poor people will say they are not Nigerians. Had it been you are Dangote, Otedola,Mike Adenuga or Eleganza son or daughter are you not going to be proud of being a Nigerian? Say the truth and let the devil be ashamed. I'm not regretting of being a Nigerian but I'm regretting of having bad and devilish leaders.
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 29, 2020
meccuno:
your parents are proud Nigerians
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by nnamdi640: 8:39am On Dec 29, 2020
OsuAmaka:
Me don dash you give ibos tey tey. You did an irreparable damage to your lineage denying Awo the Presidential seat. You selfishly sold your legacy to your slave master for as little as biafra was sold for Atiku's ambition.

-Osu amaka
Am sure you are not alright.
Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2020
NwaNimo1:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/12/28/my-two-parents-are-abeokuta-i-bear-owu-tribal-marks-obasanjo-counters-igbo-ancestry

Everything must contain the name "Bola Tinubu ".
O ga o.
For a fact, Baba Obasanjo is a Yoruba man. In fact, he does not need a national identity card with his owu tribal marks. That he could withold the statutory transfer to Lagos and remain unapologetic still strikes me as uncaring and reckless.
Till date, it is just for God and the brilliance of Asiwaju Tinubu that kept Lagos running then and people getting their salaries. Pa Obasanjo almost killed Lagos and this among his actions, raised the issue about his parentage. No true son of Yoruba will act the way Pa Obasanjo acted in office.

So I agree that prominent Yoruba leaders have valid reasons to doubt if he is Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: My 2 Parents Are From Abeokuta, I Bear Owu Tribal Marks by orisa37: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Old man NO BODY CARES stop seeking relevance, you had your time in the sun now let others have theirs

This one is "AJOLE", an ARSONIST

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse / PDP Leaders Prostrate As They Beg Ooni Of Ife Over Sen Omisore's Detention. Pics / Aftermath Of An IED Blast Which Hit A Nigerian Army Mine Resistant Vehicle. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.