Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,720 members, 7,911,999 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 07:11 PM

Tourist Kicked Out Of Restaurant For 'Not Acceptable' Outfit (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourist Kicked Out Of Restaurant For 'Not Acceptable' Outfit (Photos) (907 Views)

DJ Soda Kicked Out Of U.S Airplane For Wearing "Offensive" Pants (Photos) / ‘Di Asa’ Winner, PM, kicked off Emirates flight to Dubai for being too Fat / Nigerian man kicked out of the plane in UK for being to rude to the cabin crew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tourist Kicked Out Of Restaurant For 'Not Acceptable' Outfit (Photos) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2020
Italian holidaymaker Martina Corradi said she was left "embarrassed and offended" after the incident in Bondi Beach, Australia

A backpacker has voiced her bafflement after claiming she was kicked out of a restaurant because her outfit was "inappropriate".

Italian holidaymaker Martina Corradi said she was left "embarrassed and offended" after the incident in Bondi Beach, Australia.

Martina, who was wearing a grey crop top and white trousers, was with her boyfriend on Thursday when a staff member approached her, the Daily Star reports.

She said she was told it wasn’t how she should dress for a restaurant in front of other customers and was told it was inappropriate.

The backpackers were left speechless by the intervention, news.com.au reports.

Martina said the restaurant was by the beach and asked others for their opinion on the incident.

She posted on Facebook : "I just want an opinion from outside even because I felt very embarrassed and offended at the same time.

"We did the sign in and we took a sit at the terrace outside, under the sun.

"The waitress as soon as I took a sit she said that I’m not well dressed and this is not acceptable to stay in a place like that.

"Me and my boyfriend we looked at her and we didn’t know what to say. We were shocked!"

She added: "She called the manager and she asked him to tell me that this is now how I should dress to go to a restaurant, front of everyone!

"I just want an opinion. I don’t know, maybe I’m crazy.

"Even because, come on we are in COVID time, where restaurants are empty, how can you even think to kick someone out for a stupid thing like that."

Angry social media users backed her and blasted the restaurant.

One said: "Ridic, you look great - it would be inappropriate for the office but not restaurant by the beach."

Writing on the Bondi Local Loop Facebook page, another said: "Not offensive at all. Just ridiculous. You look so beautiful."

While one woman added: "Nope you look just fine - ESPECIALLY for the context of Bondi beach restaurant!!"

She said it was "dumb" if people were offended.

But another claimed her outfit would be deemed against the dress code in some restaurants.

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/tourist-furious-after-being-kicked-23221075
Re: Tourist Kicked Out Of Restaurant For 'Not Acceptable' Outfit (Photos) by dawnomike(m): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
Well, that is their policy... Good they communicated it politely. Here in Naija, the way the waitress will talk to you, you would wonder if you went there to beg for food.

1 Like

Re: Tourist Kicked Out Of Restaurant For 'Not Acceptable' Outfit (Photos) by Fidelismaria: 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
Look at those SIMPS telling her she's beautiful blah blah blah... Only a SIMP will give her the online validation she's looking for.

Nonsense.
Re: Tourist Kicked Out Of Restaurant For 'Not Acceptable' Outfit (Photos) by kayfact123(m): 9:48am On Dec 29, 2020
They supposed kick her come my house
Re: Tourist Kicked Out Of Restaurant For 'Not Acceptable' Outfit (Photos) by molbic(m): 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
the name reminds me of my favorite cartoon the mask of the legendary zorro by orlando Corradi

(1) (Reply)

Should I Migrate With 2m Or Should I Stay In Nigeria And Start A Busines / The Real Truth About Living And Working Permanently In Canada / Can I Go For A Masters Degree With A 2.2 Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.