Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,702 members, 7,979,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 07:39 AM

Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? (328 Views)

A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths / Should True Christians Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? / Amazing Throwbacks As Christ Embassy Celebrates 30 Years #Blwcelebrates30years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by jadic: 9:29am On Dec 29, 2020
The jury is out, since there is no scriptural or historical data to back this date, then it is important we examine the origins of that date and why the early Church chose it in the first place. However what is germaine is; how can something as important and significant as the birth date of our Lord and Saviour be built on assumptions, half-truths and ambiguity? The celebration of the Lord's birth should be a consciousness, and if a day is set aside to commemorate his birth then let that day be built on the foundation of truth and holiness.
Certina Laughlin et al writing in 'The Almanac of Pastoral Liturgy' said that 'all though the month and date of Jesus' birth are unknown the Church in the early first century fixed the date December 25th , a day that corresponds to the Winter Solstice. Bradshaw Paul in his hypothesis 'The Rural History of Religion' posits that the early Church selected December 25th date to appropriate festivities held by the Romans in honour of the Sun god , Sol Invictus. A manuscript credited to the 12th century Syrian Bishop Jacobi-Bar-Saibi writes 'it was the custom of the Pagans to celebrate on the birthday of the Sun god, December 25th a day that was marked with wanton revelries and extreme forms of debauchery. The German Protestant Minister in 1743 Paul Ernst Jadhonski argued that Christmas was planned on December 25th to correspond with the Roman Solar holiday Des Natalis Solis Invict and was therefore a Pagan infiltration that debased the true Church. Some may argue that there is nothing wrong with deodorizing the date and then dedicating it our Lord, after all if the date was once associated with darkness it has now been appropriated by light through its association with our Lord Jesus Christ. However look at this the Book of Leviticus 19:19 the Lord speaking through Moses....You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, or shall a garment made of two kinds of material come upon you... Bro. Witness Lee writing in the footnote to the aforementioned scripture says....making a garment without mixing materials signifies that in our living and conduct as new testament Christians we are not allowed to mix or to be seen to be living as the people of the world, to those who belong to the Lord must not live according to the customs of unbelievers. (Eph 4:17, Rom 12:2 and 2nd Corth 6:14b) So why is the present day Church celebrating a day that is steeped in idolatry? Of what fellowship does light have with darkness? Or Christ and Belial? Even consider this, the excessive pursuit of materialism , overt consumerism and obscene commodification of the days preceding the 25th is truly an aberration and anathema to the one in whose honour the day is celebrated in the first place. We must agree the early Church made a mistake by choosing that date, but it is not too late to correct the anomaly. My humble submission is let the leading lights of the Church the world over appoint an ecumenical think tank, who through deep prayers and conscientious study under the direction of the Holy Spirit begin the process of determining the actual birth date of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, so we can once and for all establish the true birth date of Jesus Christ and then in true Christian fashion bury the ghosts of the Christmas' past forever.
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2020
Christianity is a scam,all religions are scams,

Science is the Truth

1 Like

Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by MightySparrow: 9:52am On Dec 29, 2020
I agree with you. I celebrate his birthday on january first since, no one shares the day like AIDS, COVID, Pi, etc. Reason? Jesus brings new life.
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by doggedfighter(f): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2020
There's nothing like true church.

Religion is scam !
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2020
First you have to debate the question: "what is the true church?".
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by donnie(m): 11:11am On Dec 29, 2020
zangaozanga:
Christianity is a scam,all religions are scams,

Science is the Truth

I was about to be impressed until I saw science is the truth. undecided

Christianity is a pagan religion that specializes in Idolatory. Islam Judaism etc all came from Christianity. They are all Babylonian religions created by Satan.

The Truth of YAH us what He says about Himself, about His Son and about his Chosen people the BANTUS/NEGROES. That is the truth which Satan's children have tried to hide under the guise of religion, science, education etc.

But in these last days, those things that were hidden are coming to the fore. YAKUBI/Jacob is rising and the judgements have begun to fall.
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by nairalandankrah: 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap_in24JAr8...
Here is all you need to know about christmas

1 Like

Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by jared007: 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
Aren't u guys tired of this topic? By the end of 2021 you guys would still ask the same question.

The true church doesn't celebrate the birthday but the birth of Jesus which could have been any other day.

If you shy away from Dec 25th then u should shy away from many things e.g Monday-Sunday is named after pagan gods, January-December is named after spirits, Mercury-Pluto is named after spirit gods, clothes, home appliances and utensils come with occult symbols which u are not aware of...

In summary, the whole world system is connected to satanic spirits which u can't escape but remember God is bigger than them.
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2020
You are partially right because there is just one form of worship that's pure, though before you can clearly see the benefits you have to remain neutral towards all. There is one religion approved by God and i can prove it to you if you are ready for a cool and calm friendly chat! smiley

I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

doggedfighter:

Religion is scam !
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2020
What true church? What is the meaning here? Jesus Christ left it up to each of His followers to decide on their own how each will live this life and where.

If you want to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, knowing that Jesus Christ no send you, then make that decision on your own.
If you want to celebrate the death of Jesus Christ, knowing say Jesus Chris no send you, then make that decision on your own.

Don't pretend that your decisions have to be endorsed by some larger group if you truly are a follower of Jesus Christ. The covenant you signed when you ate His body and drank His blood, is not between you and some group but between you and God Himself, so be sure that God will not ask you what group you belong to in the end... He only cares whether you did what He commanded you to do in the covenant He signed with you.
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by FirstSon01: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
Instead of quarrelling among yourselves why don't y'all ask your god to reveal the true date at a press conference............

Oh I forgot, he can't cause he doesn't exist.
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2020
doggedfighter:

Religion is scam !
Can we meet on WhatsApp?
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by doggedfighter(f): 12:46am On Dec 30, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Can we meet on WhatsApp?

What did I do?
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by Image123(m): 12:51am On Dec 30, 2020
Rom 14:5 KJV One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 4:52am On Dec 30, 2020
donnie:

I was about to be impressed until I saw science is the truth. undecided

Christianity is a pagan religion that specializes in Idolatory. Islam Judaism etc all came from Christianity. They are all Babylonian religions created by Satan.

If Islam came from Christianity, Judaism also came from Christianity right? this is awesome, bobo please clap for yourself
Re: Should The True Church Continue To Celebrate December 25th As Christ's Birthday? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 30, 2020
doggedfighter:

What did I do?
Nothing.

(1) (Reply)

A Remote View Of 2021 by Joseph Kareem / She Promised Me This If I Can Change My Reliogion. / Pastor Who Accused Apostle Suleman Of Sleeping With His Wife, Files N2bn Suit Ag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.