Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,053 members, 7,970,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 02:40 AM

Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe (1487 Views)

Igeria's Minister Of Petroleum Mrs Diezani Alinson Maduekwe Returned $16 Billion / Buhari Scared Of Debate With Jonathan –presidency. / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Chickens Out Of Debate Called By Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by MAYOWAAK: 12:37am On Mar 29, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday denied asking for advanced questions ahead of today’s presidential debate organised by the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON). He added that there was never a time now or in the past that he asked for likely questions as a precondition for his participation in any presidential debate.

Jonathan made the denial through the deputy director general of his campaign organisation, Chief Ojo Maduekwe, and Dr. Doyin Okupe, who visited the venue of the debate to ascertain the preparedness of the organiser.
Maduekwe said: “It is unfortunate if anyone could make that kind of suggestion that the President asked for advanced question.”

“It is my opinion that if you want to be a president you must respect the office. The office is bigger than whoever occupies it. If it is bigger than who occupies it; it is even much bigger than those who want to occupy it. Comments that are intended to denigrate the president denigrate all of us even if we are not in support of Jonathan.

To suggest that the president of Nigeria, a university scholar, a don, will want to see questions in advance before he engages in debate is the height of vile propaganda, masquerading as politics. Can I say categorically there was no such thing.”
Scoring the organiser high, Maduekwe said there was no need changing the organiser of an event, who had performed creditably in the past.

Stressing on the need for the debate, the former foreign affairs minister said Nigerians “ need to make an informed choice. Our democratic journey needs to continually improve and this is an opportunity for us to benchmark that improvement.”

He urged political parties not to use the debate as an opportunity to get at each other by making inciting comments.
Explaining the Jonathan and Vice President Namadi Sambo’s preference to participate in the BON debate to the one organized by NN24, he said it was due to the capacity of the audience it could reach and the expected impact.

“We should be united on the need for Nigeria to have a platform that they are familiar with and has the widest reach because ultimately what this seek to achieve is the widening of democratic space; but we cannot achieve this if the platform that is being used does not have the kind of reach the previous organizer had. We have to be moving forward and not backward”.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/mar/29/national-29-03-2011-03.htm
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by Blazay(m): 5:02am On Mar 29, 2011
To suggest that the president of Nigeria, a university scholar, a don, will want to see questions in advance before he engages in debate is the height of vile propaganda, masquerading as politics. Can I say categorically there was no such thing.”

Eziokwu? grin

I never knew he was a mafia 'don' o!

Chai! The beauty of the internet. You can read the crap people write all over the www without reaching across from your computer screen to give them some dirty hot slaps!

WTF?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by fstranger3(m): 5:29am On Mar 29, 2011
Blazay:

Eziokwu? grin

I never knew he was a mafia 'don' o!

Chai! The beauty of the internet. You can read the crap people write all over the www without reaching across from your computer screen to give them some dirty hot slaps!

WTF?

Yeah, you need a dirty hot slap. So you've never heard the word 'university don' before? Its (don) just another word for teacher, more commonly used in Britain though, rarely used in America. You need to broaden your horizon AJ aka Blazay aka Osisi aka Militia.

http://www.onelook.com/?w=don&ls=a

Look at how you just embarrassed yourself on the WWW. olodo rabata

I dey laugh oooooo. Mu he he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by egift(m): 6:23am On Mar 29, 2011
And if we press on now and show that his delegates during the negotiation state for the debate made such demand, two actually:

- Question to all the participating candidates and
- Restriction of the members of audience asking questions

All he will do is find someone among those representatives (or even this loud-mouth Maduekwe) to sack, in order to save face. Mr President or do I say Mr Maduekwe, you lied again - I don't know if Mr President will accept he approve this one, when it turns against him grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by pj5(f): 6:33am On Mar 29, 2011
My question is, how come it took them more than seven days  think up a rebuttal for that story? How come the president never said a word about it or deny it on his fb page like he does  everything?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by vincent10(m): 7:43am On Mar 29, 2011
Wetin de hapen 4 here. **just passing**
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by Pukkah: 7:46am On Mar 29, 2011
Regardless of the fact that a debate is not legally bounding on Mr Jonathan, he has not handled it well. The handling of the debate has brought him more scowls than smiles.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by zeeleso(f): 8:21am On Mar 29, 2011
pj5:

My question is, how come it took them more than seven days  think up a rebuttal for that story? How come the president never said a word about it or deny it on his fb page like he does  everything?
Seven days ke, its been about a month since the news of him demanding questions from NN24 debates broke.

He added that there was never a time now or in the past that he asked for likely questions as a precondition for his participation in any presidential debate.
I'm at this point incapable of being surprised at any denial statements from Jonathan an PDP. Denial and inconsistency is apparently now the norm(OBJ proved this over the weekend with Zoning).
Long and short of the back and forth the PDP has been taking us through is that the opinion/ feelings of the People does not matter to them.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by debest1(m): 8:30am On Mar 29, 2011
abeg leave GEJ alone, he rebuts an allegation people complain, he keeps quiet people complain, na wa. My take is if you are not in tune with the guy leave am alone and go vote for your man, all this GEJ bashing is now getting very very boring jare grin grin
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by zeeleso(f): 8:46am On Mar 29, 2011
debest1:

abeg leave GEJ alone, he rebuts an allegation people complain, he keeps quiet people complain, na wa. My take is if you are not in tune with the guy leave am alone and go vote for your man, all this GEJ bashing is now getting very very boring jare grin grin
I wish I could, but he's the president of Nigeria and also a presidential candidate. He shouldn't be left alone, his policies should be examined, his actions scrutinised. He is answerable to us. We are his employers(at least supposed to be).  I'm glad its getting boring to you, that means you must have read enough of the complaints which ensue from a gaffe on his side which are actually getting more frequent as the elections draw near. But until he's not the president of Nigeria and also a presidential candidate, we wont stop complaining when he's wrong. And frankly he makes the job of the opposition all too easy.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by debest1(m): 8:52am On Mar 29, 2011
zeeleso:

I wish I could, but he's the president of Nigeria and also a presidential candidate. He shouldn't be left alone, his policies should be examined, his actions scrutinised. He is answerable to us. We are his employers(at least supposed to be). I'm glad its getting boring to you, that means you must have read enough of the complaints and a gaffe on his side and the following condemnation is no longer news to you and frankly most people. But until he's not the president of Nigeria and also a presidential candidate, we wont stop complaining when he's wrong. And frankly he makes the job of the opposition all too easy.
oh in that case i wish you all the best(not) in your crusade, And by the way I never said he is above condemnation wherever this is due, my beef is with regards to this issue of demanding to see the questions ahead of the debate. When the man came out to deny it, people slagged him off when he didnt make a statement na so so insults, just shows when people's mind are made up about you thats it.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by zeeleso(f): 9:12am On Mar 29, 2011
debest1:

oh in that case i wish you all the best(not) in your crusade,  And by the way I never said he is above condemnation wherever this is due, my beef is with regards to this issue of demanding to see the questions ahead of the debate. When the [b]man came out to deny it, people slagged him off when he didnt make a statement [/b]na so so insults, just shows when people's mind are made up about you thats it.
The mistake was from the very beginning. He should not have asked for Expo in the first place. Once the expo-asking has occurred, any following excuse to justify it  or any lame attempt at denying after one month is null and void.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by debest1(m): 9:58am On Mar 29, 2011
^^^ but did he ever ask for expo? Can you prove he did?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by naso2(m): 10:22am On Mar 29, 2011
zeeleso:

The mistake was from the very beginning. He should not have asked for Expo in the first place. Once the expo-asking has occurred, any following excuse to justify it  or any lame attempt at denying after one month is null and void.

When people because of their prefered candidates refuse to employ simple logic in their responses, it only explains why as a nation it is always difficult to move forward. Expo in what sense? From the two debates so far NN24 and "what about us" can you tell me the exact question that was unexpected?

Who does not know that a presidential debate will largely be about our core issues like : Education,power,health,unemployement,security of lives and property, Niger delta,infrastructural development,poverty alleviation and anti corruption, then if the moderators are sound they could extend to foreign policy. No matter how these questions are coined once you have a sound agenda to address this challenges you will explain in the debates.

Abeg make we hear word about dis expo thing. MAKE UNA FIND ANOTHER THING TALK
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by debest1(m): 10:36am On Mar 29, 2011
^^^ my brother I tire o, they make it sound as if it is an algebra test that an expo would give you an advantage over your colleagues,
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by zeeleso(f): 10:55am On Mar 29, 2011
debest1:

^^^ but did he ever ask for expo? Can you prove he did?
na_so:

When people because of their prefered candidates refuse to employ simple logic in their responses, it only explains why as a nation it is always difficult to move forward. Expo in what sense?
Expo= Seeing Questions before Exam or Test or debate as the case may be.
Jonathan's representative demanded questions during negotiations of the terms of the NN24 debate.
Jonathan's representative demanded for Expo.
Representative= One who may speak for another in a negotiation and advocates that person's policy or purpose; in this case Jonathan.
Jonathan Demanded For Expo.
debest1- QED
na_so-Hope this is logical enough.

na_so:

Who does not know that a presidential debate will largely be about our core issues like : Education,power,health,unemployement,security of lives and property, Niger delta,infrastructural development,poverty alleviation and anti corruption, then if the moderators are sound they could extend to foreign policy. No matter how these questions are coined once you have a sound agenda to address this challenges you will explain in the debates.
This should be addressed to Jonathan and his team.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by Pharoh: 11:10am On Mar 29, 2011
What is wrong in asking for the questions or topics to be discussed? the overall goal is to communicate your plans to the electorate.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 29, 2011
PDP Opts out of Presidential Debate
11 Mar 2011

Dr. Haliru Mohammed, PDP Acting Nattional Chairman

By Imam Imam in Lagos and Chuks Okocha in Abuja

As the presidential debate organised by the Network News 24 Television (NN24 TV) kicks off Friday, the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said it will not participate in the debate as the party was not properly invited.

And commenting on the debate controversy, Special Adviser to the President on Research, Documentation and Strategy, Mr. Oronto Douglas, said while President Goodluck Jonathan is not afraid of debate, the organisers were acting in an uncoordinated manner.

According to the schedule of programmes for the debate unveiled yesterday by the organisers, the vice-presidential candidates of four political parties – the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), PDP, All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) – will participate in the television debate to be aired in all Nigerian television stations, BEN TV in the United Kingdom, Sky Television from 6 to 9 pm Friday.

But the PDP Presidential Campaign Council said the party’s presidential candidate, Jonathan, and his running mate, Alhaji Namadi Sambo, were not properly invited and therefore would not be taking part in the debate.

The Council’s Director of Media and Publicity, Mallam Abba Dabo, told THISDAY that the party was currently in campaigns and that Sambo has party activities in Kano Friday.

According to Dabo, “we were not properly invited. Moreover, the vice-president will be attending a PDP reconciliation meeting in Kano tomorrow (Friday) and so he will not be attending. The party is currently in the middle of its campaigns and therefore PDP will not be participating in the television debate, whether for the president or for the vice-president.”

[b]It was further gathered that PDP backed out of the television debate because there were no concrete agreements on the nature of questions to be asked and how to adm[/b]it the studio audience.

PDP, it was gathered, felt the presidential debate was a bait for some of the political parties to embarrass its presidential candidate and the running mate.

Releasing the details of the presidential debate to be anchored by Jonathan Mann of the Cable News Network (CNN) and Khadaria Ahmed of the NEXT newspaper, the trio of Anthony Dara of the NN24 TV, Newspaper Columnist Haruna Adamu and Clement Baite said that they had an agreement in principle that all the four listed political parties would attend.

On why the organisers were limiting the number of political parties to be invited to only four, Dara, who is the Chief Executive Officer of NN24 TV, said they took into cognizance the issues of spread and reach of the political parties before extending their invitation.

But the presidential candidate of the Hope Democratic Party (HDP), Ambrose Oworu, told journalists that the organisers were myopic and out to cause mischief.

“How can they not invite all the political parties that are fielding candidates at the presidential elections? What are the criteria for inviting only four, if not for the purposes of mischief and myopism?” he asked.

Also another group, the Nigeria Election Debate Group headed by the former Director General of Voice of Nigeria (VON), Taiwo Alimi, will between March 28 and 30 organise their own version of television debate for all the presidential candidates and their running mates.

Meanwhile, Douglas told journalists in Lagos Wednesday night that a lack of coordination among the debate organisers was the major hindrance to the president's participation.

He said so far, no fewer than four groups had invited Jonathan to participate in their debates, a situation he said was almost impossible considering the tight schedule of the president.

He said with the campaigns gaining momentum by the day, the president had been busy visiting almost two states per day, “so it is difficult to abandon the campaign for multiple debates”.

Douglas said since the campaign schedules were drawn up over a month ago, altering them at this point would create logistical problems for the campaign team.

"The president is not afraid of debate. The insinuation in some quarters that he is shying away from facing his co-contestants is not true. As a former teacher, the president is not afraid of facing such challenges. He is focussed and wants avenues to further remind Nigerians what he has done for the country and what he intends to do if elected," he said.

The presidential aide said the last few months had provided opportunity for Jonathan to reaffirm his commitment to the country, adding that already, a majority of the people had keyed into his message of unity, stability and hope.

He urged Nigerians to keep faith with the president, adding that everything promised them during the campaign would be fulfilled after May 29.

"Don’t forget the fact that Mr. President has overtime proven to be the symbol of unity for the entire country. You can see from his campaign messages that the era of divisive politics is over. He is today telling all Nigerians that they can achieve their potentials and that a conducive atmosphere is being created for all persons to achieve their full greatness," he added.

h
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by Pharoh: 11:17am On Mar 29, 2011
It was further gathered that PDP backed out of the television debate because there were no concrete agreements on the nature of questions to be asked and how to admit the studio audience.

Is the above not a legitimate request that should be addressed for the sake of a credible debate and the security of the president?.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by zeeleso(f): 11:28am On Mar 29, 2011
http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/29563.html
[Quote]
Barely six days to the presidential debate, there is disagreement between President Goodluck Jonathan and three other presidential candidates over the mode of the debate.

The others are Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (Action Congress of Nigeria); Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (Congress for Progressive Change); and Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau (All Nigeria Peoples Party).
Television station NN24 in conjunction with about 30 international stations, is organising the live debate for the four top runners. There are 17 other candidates running for President in the April 9 poll.
The order of the debate as arranged is as follows: First Presidential debate (March ; Vice-Presidential debate (March 11); and Second Presidential debate (March 18).
In preparation for the debate, the management of the TV station and the collaborators met with representatives of the four candidates last Tuesday.
Those who attended the meeting were Dr. Doyin Okupe (PDP); Mr Yinka Odumakin (CPC); Mr Ibrahim Modibbo (ACN); and Mallam Sule Yau Sule (ANPP)
But the pre-debate session was stalemated following Jonathan camp’s two-point demands.
The PDP demanded that the [size=14pt]advance copy of questions[/size] be made available to candidates. It also requested an outright stoppage of the studio audience from posing questions to the candidates.

It was learnt that representatives of Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau, however, insisted on an open debate without inhibitions.
It was gathered that when the stalemate could not be resolved, the meeting was shifted till yesterday to find solutions to grey areas.
But when the session reconvened, the representative of the PDP candidate was absent.
A top source said: “All the four candidates are sticking to their positions and this irreconcilable challenge is a threat to the debate.
“I think there is that suspicion that the opposition is trying to use the debate to embarrass the President on key economic issues like the 60-40% ratio of recurrent and capital allocations; excess crude account; and foreign reserves.
“The way some of the candidates have been passionate about the state of the economy is a worry to the Jonathan camp.
“They are also suspecting that the audience might be skewed in favour of the opposition candidates.”
Another source at the session said: “We won’t allow any candidate to have prepared questions and later come to the session with a teleprompter.
“What we are demanding is that Nigerians and the world should assess the presidential candidates based on their natural endowments.
“We will rather cancel the debate than bend the rules for one of the candidates.”
But a source in the Jonathan camp said: “The manner in which some representatives of the other candidates were behaving at the pre-debate meeting showed clearly that they are up to mischief.
“Mr. President has nothing to hide and he is not afraid of debate but he won’t be a party to mischief.
An official of the Shekarau campaign organisation said last night that the ANPP candidate’s team will speak on the debate tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by naso2(m): 11:57am On Mar 29, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^
The bolded words were subtly crafted that way by "THE NATION " newspaper. That is BOLA TINUBU/ACN at work.

"Structure of questions "  as reportedly  demanded by other sources  does not mean "give me the questions" as being insinuated. ABI I WRONG?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by debest1(m): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2011
"The PDP demanded that the advance copy of questions be made available to candidates. It also requested an outright stoppage of the studio audience from posing questions to the[b] candidates[/b]."
Let's assume the allegation is true, PDP wanted the questions to be made available to CANDIDATE(S), plural meaning not just him but all the participants; so how is that expo if all of them had advance knowledge of the questions?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 29, 2011
debest1:

"The PDP demanded that the advance copy of questions be made available to candidates. It also requested an outright stoppage of the studio audience from posing questions to the[b] candidates[/b]."
Let's assume the allegation is true, PDP wanted the questions to be made available to CANDIDATE(S), plural meaning not just him but all the participants; so how is that expo if all of them had advance knowledge of the questions?
Why did the other candidate not ask for the questions? or demand? So if you want to write an exam will it make it right if all the students pay the admin officer to leak the question ? That the PDP demanded the questions for themselves or for themselves and others does not make it right, a debate is a debate, no one should have more advantage, why are they afraid of questions from the audience? are the audience not the people who employed them?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by naso2(m): 12:09pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^
"Structure of questions " as reportedly demanded by other sources does not mean "give me the questions" as being insinuated. ABI I WRONG?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by debest1(m): 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^^is this an exam? It's a debate for goodness sake, asking for subject areas is part and parcel of modern politics, It gives the respondents the opportunity to prepare well ahead. Which would you rather have, a scenario where they waffle without facts or one in which they have adequately prepared and are able to offer articulated, factual responses?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by leonaidas(m): 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2011
He asked for the answers and not the questions, or what is the point of having questions that you can't answer?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2011
debest1:

^^^is this an exam? It's a debate for goodness sake, asking for subject areas is part and parcel of modern politics, It gives the respondents the opportunity to prepare well ahead. Which would you rather have, a scenario where they waffle without facts or one in which they have adequately prepared and are able to offer articulated, factual responses?
When next you are writing an exam please demand for the nature of the Questions and demand to screen the invigilators. This is not even the issue, here you have Ojo madekwue whose antecedents i do not even want to go into denying that this ever happened, that is what this topic is about.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by debest1(m): 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^^i didnt realise an "optional" election debate is now on the same pedestal as an exam.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
debest1:

^^^i didnt realise an "optional" election debate is now on the same pedestal as an exam.
That is not the issue the issue is that Ojo Madekwue said this did not happen if it is right to ask to ask for the questions or not is not the issue
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by omanzo02: 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2011
I pity Aisha2 and Jarus, they think they can spurn on issues for people to vote their candidate on here, if u want to be heros' of change, go on the street to campaigne for your CPC, Nigeria is not Egypte or Tunisia, Nigerians mentality is too clever for this weak and outdated strategies. grin grin grin grin grin

Few day to have a loud laugh.  grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by aletheia(m): 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
This debate thing is blown out of proportion by illiteracy and ignorance. Most of those shouting "expo" never debated in their lives. From primary school through university, my involvement in debate teams/societies made me understand you know the topics you are going to debate on beforehand in order to prepare well. You don't just turn up that day without knowledge of the topic of debate. All you GEJ-haters should look for another reason.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Demand Questions Ahead Of Debate – Maduekwe by debest1(m): 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2011
aletheia:

This debate thing is blown out of proportion by illiteracy and ignorance. Most of those shouting "expo" never debated in their lives. From primary school through university, my involvement in debate teams/societies made me understand you know the topics you are going to debate on beforehand in order to prepare well. You don't just turn up that day without knowledge of the topic of debate. All you GEJ-haters should look for another reason.
grin grin grin grin no mind them expo kor Friday Ekpo Ni grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

N7bn Scam: Efcc Storms Lagos Over Speaker’s Assets / Campus Life Girl Ngozi Agbo Dies At 36 / Missing Persons In Our Political Enclave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.