Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,663 members, 7,968,910 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 02:59 PM

Which Is Greater: Sharing The Word Of GOD Or Giving Alms ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Greater: Sharing The Word Of GOD Or Giving Alms ? (1127 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Gave Alms To The Needy? / Which Is Better:helping A Beggar Or Giving Tithe In A Tight Situation / More On Giving Alms To The Needy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Which Is Greater: Sharing The Word Of GOD Or Giving Alms ? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:50am On May 21, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:
I believe sharing the Word of GOD is by far greater. The one who is sharing the Words needs to be qualified though. By qualification I mean he/she needs to be sent by GOD and the Holy Spirit has to be guiding him/her to teach what is true or right.
A qualified person will have to totally rely on GOD to constantly teach what is true and right.
The word of GOD alone can save a needy person and help him/her survive whatever problem or challenges is being faced, but Money alone cannot save.
So, the Word of GOD, taught by the qualified teachers is the greatest.( If you are not qualified to teach but want to preach, you should stick to teaching people what GOD has revealed through qualified teachers.)

This^ doesn't mean GOD's true servants or priests shouldn't give alms. They should always help when they find people who are genuinely in need... What it means is that their teachings are more important than alms giving. So don't judge them if they are more busy teaching/feeding people with GOD's Words. They are doing what is most important.

Bump... .. . .. . .. .. ..
Re: Which Is Greater: Sharing The Word Of GOD Or Giving Alms ? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:55am On Jun 11, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:
I believe sharing the Word of GOD is by far greater. The one who is sharing the Words needs to be qualified though. By qualification I mean he/she needs to be sent by GOD and the Holy Spirit has to be guiding him/her to teach what is true or right.
A qualified person will have to totally rely on GOD to constantly teach what is true and right.
The word of GOD alone can save a needy person and help him/her survive whatever problem or challenges is being faced, but Money alone cannot save.
So, the Word of GOD, taught by the qualified teachers is the greatest.( If you are not qualified to teach but want to preach, you should stick to teaching people what GOD has revealed through qualified teachers.)

This^ doesn't mean GOD's true servants or priests shouldn't give alms. They should always help when they find people who are genuinely in need... What it means is that their teachings are more important than alms giving. So don't judge them if they are more busy teaching/feeding people with GOD's Words. They are doing what is most important.

Re: Which Is Greater: Sharing The Word Of GOD Or Giving Alms ? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On Jun 18, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump. .... .. ....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? / Fav'rite Psalm--and Why? / Alcohol Consumption Isn't Condemned In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.