Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,494 members, 7,888,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:48 AM

“I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion (901 Views)

Francis Erhabor: Police Promotes Officer Who Rejected N864m Bribe (Photos) / Francis Osagie Erhabor Resigns From Police Force Over Non-Promotion / Francis Erhabor: Policeman Who Never Took Bribe In 30 Years Wins IgbereTV Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by BleedingPen: 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2021
By Emeh James Anyalekwa, Uyo

January 2, 2021

CSP Francis Osagie Erhabor, the policeman and divisional police officer (DPO) in charge of ‘D’ division Itam in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom state, who is acclaimed to have never taken a bribe since over 30 years in active service, has resigned from the profession.

Erhabor, who made headlines after rejecting a whopping N864 million bribe, was on December 10, 2020, at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers, in Abuja, during the 2020 IgbereTV Leadership Excellence Awards named ‘Police officer of the year’ after coming tops in the nationwide online voting.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with IGBERE TV on New Year day, 1st January 2021, the police officer lamented that he feels cheated by the system, having been denied promotion more than thrice despite all his efforts and sacrifices for the police force and the country.

His words: “I joined this noble profession as a cadet inspector on the 2nd of April, 1990. I was 17 years plus at the time. I was told by cerebral and seasoned Police officers like AIG Albasu, AIG Akagbosun, AIG Iyamabo, and DIG Ugowe all retired, that the force needed folks like me. Youths who were patriotic and passionate.

“I loved and believed in this project called Nigeria, and the profession, the Nigeria Police was a great platform to serve my fatherland. I sincerely believed in this job, loved this job and sacrificed so much for this job.

“Looking back, all I see is "nobody cares". Being cheated out of promotion not once, twice or thrice. Served over thirty years meritoriously and stainless by God's grace, and not honoured by the system, instead have only enjoyed promotion only 5 times. I thank God for His grace, that insulated me for the past 30yrs.”

On how he rejected N864m bribe, CSP Erhabor said, “As a pipeline Commander in Edo state, I turned down N6.5m weekly; N24m monthly; N288m yearly, and a whooping sum of N864 for the 3years I served as a commander.”

Asked if he regrets his actions, he said, “I have no regrets for doing this.” “If given the test again, I will repeat same feat, without thinking twice, even though some of my colleagues term me a fool,” CSP Erhabor added.

“I even volunteered as an instructor, to train Police Mobile Personnel at Limakara, Gwoza, Borno State for over 3 years. Discharged my duty as an instructor, in the most harshest and difficult condition, without any commendation reward, or promotion, and today only for just working within the corridors of power; or being able to grease some palms or, as claimed, being attacked because of #EndSARS, Juniors will just be promoted above their superiors just like that.”

He said he feel hurt seeing his junior police officers promoted over him, insisting nothing had been done by the Force despite the formal complaints where he asked for the ratification of his promotion.

“I have witnessed my juniors get promoted over me over and over again, and it hurts deeply. I filed a complaint, asked for ratification of my promotion date, and was even investigated, with the outcome verified in my favour, yet nothing has been done to remedy the situation.”

‘I have wasted 30 years serving my fatherland’

CSP Francis Erhabor said he feels he has wasted 30 years of his precious time serving his ‘fatherland’, in a police profession he once believed to be a “noble” one.

According to Erhabor, rather, the system rewards mediocrity, nepotism, and all other ignoble acts and care less about those who tread on the path of dignity and honour.

“This profession I once called a noble one, doesn't care about those of us who tread the path of honour and dignity. I once had a dream about the the Nigeria Police Force, becoming the people's force; the country's pride. So sad, I no longer believe in the system as a noble one, but one were mediocrity, nepotism, and all other ignoble acts are given higher preference.

“I am sorry I let all my fans down. I am deeply sorry for not finishing where you all expected me to finish. Thanks for your strong and relentless faith in me. I remain forever grateful to you all,” CSP Erhabor added.

https://igberetvnews.com/1377616/breaking-rejected-n864m-policeman-never-took-bribe-resigns-non-promotion/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

1 Like

Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by BleedingPen: 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
Let me be calm first
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by TheFreeOne: 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2021
The world is your best teacher. There is a lesson in everything. There is a lesson in each experience.
Learn it and become wise. Every failure is a stepping stone to success. Every difficulty or disappointment is a trial of your faith. Every unpleasant incident or temptation is a trial of your inner strength. Therefore nil desperandum (never despair). Therefore march forward hero.

-Swami Sivananda Saraswati

I wish nairalanders a happy and prosperous New year.

2 Likes

Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by forgiveness: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
Unfortunately, you are a bad business for some corrupt peeps in the corridor of power. They need a willing tool to fulfill their... hehehe! Make I stop here. grin

1 Like

Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by cassidy1996(m): 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
1 out of millions
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by Rich4god(m): 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
Painful to read... In Nigeria, everything is just up side down. Sometimes it feels like been corrupt is just the way to succeed in this nation.

Just take for example, if you want to get a job in govt, mist of the time you will have to pay for it. Nothing comes as merit anymore. In a number of occasions I have had the opportunity of meeting some top firs personnel and when you ask them if how to get a position into the agency, same story comes out. Get in touch with a well connected politician or senator.

So bad of our nation. But we will continue to uphold our integrity.
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by FarahAideed: 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
Nigeria is a paradise for criminals and the sooner you realise the better
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by Karlovich: 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
embarassed We at vulturebbqgrills thank you our darling daddy for this news, we know that the few upright policemen on hearing this news will turn into corrupt monsters.
Sai Baba
Sai Change

3 Likes

Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by Fahdiga(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2021
In Nigeria, to be a gallant police officer means you have to be a bribe taker. this man wasn't promoted simply because he doesn't make returns to the Ogas. Nigerian police force doesn't work that way

1 Like

Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by Lubumbashi: 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
He should check well. God always reward good deeds. Money isn't everything. These kind of people are usually blessed with good health, a family with no premature deaths, fruitfulness of his household or absence of misfortune of a serious kind. When his children and grandchildren become so successful later in their lives, some people won't realize that it is God blessing them for the actions of this father of theirs

1 Like

Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
Noted
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by thelinguist: 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
Public service in this country is like that.... Very unrewarding.. Except you can play the game
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by bsalawu: 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
I’m Proud if you sir.

God will reward you in and out of season.
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by Toosure70: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
Which bribe ?
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by DaddyRochie1642: 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2021
What should I do with this news sad sad
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by chatinent: 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2021
His colleagues will label him a fool and mock him that he will remain poor because of overly being righteous.

..of course, because the world is shifted.

Many will see his sanity as insanity. A world where everyone wants to be street-smart.
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by dawnomike(m): 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2021
Wow!!!
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by ReorxTohGan(m): 9:22pm On Jan 01, 2021
rejected close to a billion naira
wawu!!!
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by lathrowinger: 9:23pm On Jan 01, 2021
People like you are rear, may God bless you and your generation... Nigerians don't value people like you.
May Almighty Allah reward you
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by Racoon(m): 9:35pm On Jan 01, 2021
A good name is better than corrupt riches.You did well sir but unfortunately, our world in Nigeria rewards corruption than integrity.

1 Like

Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by DukeJoe17: 9:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
My heart bleeds when I remember about
those working in the Nigeria police force, that organization has the poorest welfare for its workers.
Pls if you are a police in this forum endeavour to go to school and leave that job for those that have big man at the top to do the job.
If you don't have anybody at the top in the job then you are wasting your time in the job.

An insider

1 Like

Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by Flyingngel(m): 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2021
A good and gentleman in police uniform.
It is only God that will redeem Nigeria. Cos I know if he mistaken sent his angel, no matter the number, Nigerians will corrupt them immediately.
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by johnmartus(m): 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2021
Stop lying mr man.
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by adamstuntun: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2021
A honest man
Re: “I Rejected N864m”, Policeman ‘Who Never Took Bribe’ Resigns Over Non-Promotion by BlessedNuel: 8:40am On Jan 02, 2021
Noted

(1) (Reply)

US Capitol: Compare US Police Tactics Against Trump Supporters Vs Black Life Mat / 2023: Calls For Igbo Presidency Spark National Debate / Igbo Have Collective Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.