Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,276 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:41 PM

South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari (7943 Views)

Pdp Thrashing Acn In Lagos, Its All Over For Ribadu And Buhari / Breaking News:ribadu And Shekarau Pull Out Of Presidential Race, Approves Buhari! / Why Yar’adua Wants Ribadu Out - Plans To Prosecute Obasanjo, Ribadu And El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Wadeoye(m): 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2011
Who are the ACN? We are the ACN except if you are telling me ACN=Tinubu. So, don't tell me ACN will not vote for CPC - we will vote for CPC. I was supporting ACN the same way I am supporting CPC now. In Osun state, I was at the swearing in of Aregbesola - I ensured my flight itinerary was such that I would arrive Nigeria Friday night to able to attend the ceremony on Saturday. This should tell you the passion.
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Wadeoye(m): 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2011
Who are the ACN? We are the ACN except if you are telling me ACN=Tinubu. So, don't tell me ACN will not vote for CPC - we will vote for CPC. I was supporting ACN the same way I am supporting CPC now. In Osun state, I was at the swearing in of Aregbesola - I ensured my flight itinerary was such that I would arrive Nigeria Friday night to able to attend the ceremony on Saturday. This should tell you the passion.
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Gbawe: 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
Pataki:

Please pack it in with your claptrap. You do not need to talk to me before you addressed in an open forum. So if you do not like my mail, you are under the obligation to ignore it.

There we go again. Your Ribadu is the gentleman. Your Ribadu is the saint. Your Ribadu is the man with grace. Keep deceiving yourself. We all know better. And you can keep running from pillar to post to save face for your Ribadu. But we all know this is a man who talk ''A'' with his mouth and tells you that it means ''Z''!

Bakare for one, would tell you as he sees it and stand by his word. I do not care what save-face tactics you employ over your Ribadu, he is simply a man I do not take his word into accountability or have regards for any longer whenever he opens his mouth to talk.[/b]Please tell them! They never fail to amaze me. Most especially on that facebook too.

The same Bakare who has swallowed his vomit more times than most people have fingers? My man , lets talk like intelligent people . If Bakare is bellicose towards Ribadu , [b]and just about everyone else
,  while the EFCC former chairman is gracious in response then , as a minimally fair person, you must take the chronological order of events into consideration. It is very important to note the person who has consistently talked like a bellicose rabble-rouser , intent on formenting divisiveness , while others tried to indulge him graciously like parents indulging a spoilt brat child who is always acting up,
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Moves: 8:20pm On Mar 29, 2011
And In the writers opinion buhari has no blemish, I would rather vote Ribadu, maybe than Jonathan vote than vote buhari, to me he's had his chance and blew it, His actions whilst president tainted him with anti -south sentiments.
A. Locking up Ekueme VP whilst shagari is kept in ikoyi luxury of house arrest.
B. In some quarter his coup is considered a scripted plan by the northern cabal to truncate the emergence of an Igbo president.
C. Furthermore having been given a second chance as head of PTDF he blew it as it is on record that a disproportional amount of PTDF project was based in the North ).
D. During the YarDua debacle, he kept silent, whilst the likes of Ribadu, Col Umar and El rufai were shouting from their roof top.
E. If YarDua was alive buhari would still stand zero chance against him, Y couldn't  he pull such crowd during 2007 elections against a fragile and mostly absent yardua ,

F. Why is his campaign now seemingly better funded and being able to pull mammoth crowd and logistics matching Jonathan Multi Million campaign fund, did he just receive his pension payment; if he never stole a dime as he will want us to believe- then how is his campaign funded (mohammed Abacha ?) If we say that jonathan is using state fund, Ribadu ACN & Tinubu, Buhari - Abacha's stolen fund, even though he was on record of stating that Abacha never stole,
G. Outside contesting for elections- what does he spend his time on during non electioneering period, one cannot compare Ribadu's outside office and buhari,

Let him know that having bakare as VP means squat, His should quite the stage for Ribadu if he actually has the interest of Nigeria at heart , Am not deceived about his new found popularity, this is mainly due to Anti PDP sentiments and the Northern pro zoning elements, Its about time we have a generational change and leave the ex - generals. I rather take my chances with Ribadu than buhari; I rather GEJ with his docility  than Buhari ,
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Pataki: 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2011
Gbawe:

The same Bakare who has swallowed his vomit more times than most people have fingers? My man , lets talk like intelligent people . If Bakare is bellicose towards Ribadu , and just about everyone else,  while the EFCC former chairman is gracious in response then , as a minimally fair person, you must take the chronological order of events into consideration. It is very important to note the person who has consistently talked like a bellicose rabble-rouser , intent on formenting divisiveness , while others tried to indulge him graciously like parents indulging a spoilt brat child who is always acting up,
We are both simply just putting blames at eachother's doorstep. While I am ready to accept that Bakare can be quite confrontational with his words attimes and needs to exercise extreme caution with his words, you are more than ready to paint a Ribadu who is better than any angel of peace we have never seen!

In all sincerity Gbawe, as well educated and intelligent as you are, do you really think Ribadu is a man of his words?
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Lagosboy: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2011
Pataki:

We are both simply just putting blames at eachother's doorstep. While I am ready to accept that Bakare can be quite confrontational with his words attimes and needs to exercise extreme caution with his words, you are more than ready to paint a Ribadu who is better than any angel of peace we have never seen!

In all sincerity Gbawe, as well educated and intelligent as you are, do you really think Ribadu is a man of his words?

This has been my point all day long, i am against this hypocricy, Bakare is a pastor he says things as he sees it, he is new in politics and will make mistakes. However, Ribadu is the one i am dissapopinted in and let us look at this in another way. Ribadu loses this election , could you tell me what credibility he will have to talkabout corruption again as an opposition leader. How can he ever condemn IBB again and anyone will take him serious, how can he attack others when the ACN in Rivers is in the hands of Odii whom Ribadu tried to prosecute, how can he sing corruption again when Benue state ACN is in the hands of Akume.

Gbawe i tied to explain tings on the other thread about all these "progressives" they are notwhat you think. You look at them from afar  thinkin they are saints but the deal they cut behind closed door is just plain disgusting
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Solomon227(m): 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2011
[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children

Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Lagosboy: 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2011
In the event of a run off the oppostion dont have a choice except to come together to kick out PDP. However at this stage n politics you have to try to win it hence the killer instinct in everyone. Tinubu called Buhari expired leadership in the heart of Kano while he wanted to be his vice.

This is politics and if need be ACN has no choice except toghethern with CPC to kick out the common enemy.

If you notice the General has never criticised the ACN nor Ribadu and that is the quality of a statesman.
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Pharoh: 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
I wonder why ribadu fan cannot accept the fact that the guy goofs all the time and he is making a terrible mistake by seeking for IBB endorsement.
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2011
Guys sheath the swords, no one is a saint they have all made blunders although I am still trying to wrap my head around Ribadu and Ibb. I would gladly take the ACN way way way above the pdp. Lets see how it plays out, pataki - gbawe take it easy.
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by fxtopedia(m): 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2011
I can understand why some people are fighting for a dead man (AWO).
Awo was not even jailed by this man.
Let us wait and see.

I care about the future of my children. I want a better Nigeria.
We can be a better nation when compared with the north countries like the USA,UK,Canada etc
And this can only be done by good leadership which I smell in BB.

If you vote PDP, then plan for more STAGFLATION
If you vote ACN then plan for ONE man ruling us, we all know the man

But voting for BUHARI-BAKARE,
I see great future
I see more employment opportunities
I see stable electricity
I see corruption being a thing of past
I see good governance
I see good Nigeria
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Solomon227(m): 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children

Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by TNUBU4LIFE: 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2011
Ribadu vs Buhari??L'agbole mi??Lailai!!

Let them dream on! grin grin grin grin

Even most residents of the most sophisticated Lagos State residents dont even know the oldman is contesting let alone those in the hinterlands of the SW!!

When Ajimobi,Amosun,Fashola,Fayemi,Aregbe,Alaafin and Tinubu tells people to vote Ribadu,u siberians will tell yoruba to do otherwise??

Dream on,dream on grin grin grin grin

Wen ACN has already entrenched ITS philosophy and trademark broom symbol in the minds of the SW,you bank on people who dont even know buhari's party to split votes!! grin grin grin

Dream on ,dream on!!

abeg,serious people,VOTE RIBADU 2011
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by 9ijaMan: 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

Guys sheath the swords, no one is a saint they have all made blunders although I am still trying to wrap my head around Ribadu and Ibb. I would gladly take the ACN way way way above the pdp. Lets see how it plays out, pataki - gbawe take it easy.
Thanks man for attempting to pacify the warring factions.
Personally I will take a Buhari over hundreds of Ribadus 'cos of the inconsistencies of the retired police officer. However, if the contest were to be between a Ribadu and a Jonathan, I will grudgingly support Ribadu as he is at least better than 10 GEJ's put together.
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2011
BUHARI CAN NEVER WIN FREE AND FAIR  ELECTION IN NIGERIA
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by fxtopedia(m): 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2011
dazey:

BUHARI CAN NEVER WIN FREE AND FAIR  ELECTION IN NIGERIA

My dear, let wait n see,
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by fxtopedia(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

Ribadu vs Buhari??L'agbole mi??Lailai!!

Let them dream on! grin grin grin grin

Even most residents of the most sophisticated Lagos State residents dont even know the oldman is contesting let alone those in the hinterlands of the SW!!

When Ajimobi,Amosun,Fashola,Fayemi,Aregbe,Alaafin and Tinubu tells people to vote Ribadu,u siberians will tell yoruba to do otherwise??

Dream on,dream on grin grin grin grin

Wen ACN has already entrenched ITS philosophy and trademark broom symbol in the minds of the SW,you bank on people who dont even know buhari's party to split votes!! grin grin grin

Dream on ,dream on!!

abeg,serious people,VOTE RIBADU 2011

Come May, we would all know the real dreamer!
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by sam79(m): 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2011
All d talk has been Buhari - Ribadu
how about the incumbent - GEJ?
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by sam79(m): 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2011
All d talk has been - Buhari, Ribadu!
How about d incumbent -- GEJ?
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by bamosagie(m): 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2011
RIBADU IS AN EX (SACKED/RETIRED) POLICE OFFICER, ANYBODY THAT HAVE WORN THE POLICE UNIFORM CANNOT FIGHT CORRUPTION, BUHARI LED THE BERET GENERALS COUP & PRACTICALLY CALLED NIGERIANS [b]SENSELESS, USELESS, INDICIPLINE[/b] NOW HE WANTS THE VOTE OF THE SENSELESS, USELESS & NOT DICIPLINE NIGERIANS.
FORGIVE ME ALL, BUT I AM VOTING GEJ.
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Rastamann: 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2011
Let he who doesn't want Goodluck and Patience, be the first to cast his vote to badluck, Riba_, and , _gari! grin
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by fxtopedia(m): 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2011
sam79:

All d talk has been - Buhari, Ribadu!
How about d incumbent -- GEJ?

GEJ ke, no room for him except rigging
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by fxtopedia(m): 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2011
Rastamann:

Let he who doesn't want Goodluck and Patience, be the first to cast his vote to badluck, Riba_, and , _gari! grin

Your sins are forgiven!!! But my friend, can you tell us what GEJ has done since he became president?

When I listen to him today, he said '' I never imagine to be where I am today'' Is that what you call goodluck?

I know you would celebrate with the right man come MAY 29!!!!
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2011
Dream on,dream on!!

No room for gej too??Even in the SS,SE??

Definitely,u re joking sebi?

abeg,serious people vote RIBADU 2011!
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 29, 2011
fxtopedia:

Your sins are forgiven!!! But my friend, can you tell us what GEJ has done since he became president?

When I listen to him today, he said '' I never imagine to be where I am today'' Is that what you call goodluck?

I know you would celebrate with the right man come MAY 29!!!!

CAN YOU TELL US ANY SINGLE THING THAT BUHARI DO FOR NIGERIANS APART FROM NORTHERN WHEN HE WAS PRESIDENT.BUHARI WILL NEVER GET 5% PER CENT VOTE FROM SOUTH-SOUTH & SOUTH-EAST
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:54pm On Mar 29, 2011
dont mind them!! dubious political scammers!!

can u imagine,most of them lied to get their papers into their slave haven siberia,now they are lying on the net that BUHARI has taken over the SW whereas this man has no single prominent political follower or followership in the whole SW!!

Most people dont know his party and are not even sure the oldman is contesting,yet these group of liars continue to use multiple IDs to promote and falsify buhari's rating in the SW!!

THE OLDMAN HAS CLOSE TO NIL POLITICAL FOLLOWING IN THE WHOLE SOUTH!!

Abeg serious people,pls see through their deceit,this is what they have to offer-lies uponb lies,dont vote their principal,make sure your votes go to RIBADU!
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by fxtopedia(m): 11:59pm On Mar 29, 2011
We are talking of PRESENT administration not past. More so, you evaded my simple question.

dazey:

CAN YOU TELL US ANY SINGLE THING THAT BUHARI DO FOR NIGERIANS APART FROM NORTHERN WHEN HE WAS PRESIDENT.BUHARI WILL NEVER GET 5% PER CENT VOTE FROM SOUTH-SOUTH & SOUTH-EAST

On those claiming that BB cannot get 5% from SW, no wahala, pls let us wait and SEE.
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:06am On Mar 30, 2011
I WILL EXPOSE YOU ALL!!

POLITICAL SCAMMERS!!!

BUHARI IS NOT POPULAR AT ALL IN THE WHOLE SOUTH WHEREAS RIBADU IS SHARING VOTES WITH HIM IN THE NORTH WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!

WHILE ACN IS ALLOVER THE COUNTRY,BUHARI IS ONLY KNOWN IN THE NORTH,YOU THINK NORTHERN VOTES ALONE(THAT WILL EVEN BE SPLIT WITH HIM BY RIBADU/SHEKARAU/GEJ) WILL GET HIM THE PRESIDENT?

RIBADU'S CHANCES ARE FAR BETTER AND LIKELY TO UPSET GEJ EVEN INCASE OF RUNNOFF THAN BUHARI.

SUPPORT RIBADU,VOTE RIBADU 2011
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by fxtopedia(m): 12:14am On Mar 30, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

I WILL EXPOSE YOU ALL!!

POLITICAL SCAMMERS!!!

BUHARI IS NOT POPULAR AT ALL IN THE WHOLE SOUTH WHEREAS RIBADU IS SHARING VOTES WITH HIM IN THE NORTH WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!

WHILE ACN IS ALLOVER THE COUNTRY,BUHARI IS ONLY KNOWN IN THE NORTH,YOU THINK NORTHERN VOTES ALONE(THAT WILL EVEN BE SPLIT WITH HIM BY RIBADU/SHEKARAU/GEJ) WILL GET HIM THE PRESIDENT?

RIBADU'S CHANCES ARE FAR BETTER AND LIKELY TO UPSET GEJ EVEN INCASE OF RUNNOFF THAN BUHARI.

SUPPORT RIBADU,VOTE RIBADU 2011

That is your thinking jare, reality will dawn on you come MAY.
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by Musiwa13: 12:20am On Mar 30, 2011
let be honest with ourself. nuhu ribadu in a free and fair election would not pick up to 2% vote in yorubaland.
look in a free and fair election , NO northerner can pick 5% vote in yorubaland because of the history of nigeria.

northerner roll military tank on yoruba people for 6 years , on nearly every street from 1993 to 1999.

i honest believe all this people on nairaland are fake people.in nigeria, that i know it is impossible for a northerner to win up to 5% of the vote.

look many yoruba people were lock up and jail for no reason.

what is the stand on yoruba people on nigeria. the yoruba people always made thier stand on the unity of nigeria, the yoruba people have made thier opinion clear, they want to leave
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:30am On Mar 30, 2011
@ MUSIWA,I think I understand what u're saying.What you didnot add is that a COMPLETE NORTHERN CONSERVATIVE THAT IS A STOCK OF THE HAUSA/FULANI HEGEMONY THAT BUHARI represents is just not sellable in yorubaland!!

Buhari has no progressive political leaning and even if tinubu had endorsed him,the yorubas may still not embrace him the way Ribadu was embraced and accepted!

The major advantage Ribadu has is also that he is being promoted by the major and frontline political leaders of the SW!

I completely concur that most of these people on nairaland are fake and wont be voting!

RIBADU LAWASE,VOTE RIBADU 2011
Re: South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari by fxtopedia(m): 12:31am On Mar 30, 2011
Musiwa,:

let be honest with ourself. nuhu ribadu in a free and fair election would not pick up to 2% vote in yorubaland.
look in a free and fair election , NO northerner can pick 5% vote in yorubaland because of the history of nigeria.

northerner roll military tank on yoruba people for 6 years , on nearly every street from 1993 to 1999.

i honest believe all this people on nairaland are fake people.in nigeria, that i know it is impossible for a northerner to win up to 5% of the vote.

look many yoruba people were lock up and jail for no reason.

what is the stand on yoruba people on nigeria. the yoruba people always made thier stand on the unity of nigeria, the yoruba people have made thier opinion clear, they want to leave
What a troll! If people on nairaland are fake, I hope you wrote this on dollarland. LMAO grin grin grin
No room for tribalism here my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. / "Buhari Will Not Tolerate Killings, Kidnappings" -Minister Of Interior, Dambazau / I an Not A Chauvinist, I Have Enough Women In My Administration - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.