Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,545 members, 7,885,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:33 AM

Do You Practice What You Preach (religious Leaders) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Practice What You Preach (religious Leaders) (130 Views)

Ogun Police Warn Religious Leaders Against Opening Of Worship Centres / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Practice What You Preach (religious Leaders) by Debstegab100(m): 6:48am On Jan 03, 2021
ARE YOU PRACTICING WHAT YOU ARE PREACHING (RELIGIOUS LEADERS)

(1 Cor 9:14) - "On the same principle, the Lord has directed, commanded that those who preach, publish the good news (the Gospel) should live (get their maintenance) by and from the Gospel."

To our religious leaders, I'm not writing this article to expose anyone but it was what my three friends (Trinity) has inspired me to write. Accept my apology.

I will start by using the story of a pastor to illustrate this aspect. This pastor is a man par excellence in solving family issues/matters. He has the quality/ability of repairing broken homes. But, the pastor's home (Family) is shattered, it is in pieces.

There is no cordial relationship between him and his wife, even the children. Today; fight, tomorrow; insults/abuse. Yet, outside his home, he knows how to settle family issues. Why? Because he's not practicing what he is preaching.

There are lot of religious leaders out there that are not practicing what they are preaching. They implore their church congregration that adultery, prostitution, fornication is not good, yet behind the scene they are found guilty.

Some will even say, cultism is not a good option for a child of God, yet, they practice it. They visit shrine to appeal to smaller gods to make their ministry boom, meanwhile; they are encouraging their church members not to move away from God.

Whenever I listen to radio programmes, I hear a lot of religious leaders asking for money before you can see them. All you will hear them say is to "bring your white envelope when coming to see me." They are not practicing what they preach.

Some will even give out false prophecy just extort money from you. Hmmmm, what is the world turning into? Religious leaders who are supposed to be a source of inspiration to the world, to be a role model to world has now turned into something else. They've left the principle of the Gospel for the principle of making money.

But there is always a way, Go back to God, Repent, Change your ways and start practicing what you preach.

"People of integrity and honesty not only practice what they preach, they are what they preach."

All glory belongs to my three friends (Trinity) for giving me such an inspiration. I hope you've been blessed and touched. God will continue to help us.

If you have any contribution to this little article from me, please kindly do because no one is perfect.

© Owoeye Stephen O.
# InspiredbyTRINITY
# UniqueInsight
Re: Do You Practice What You Preach (religious Leaders) by illicit(m): 7:18am On Jan 03, 2021
I doubt it....
Re: Do You Practice What You Preach (religious Leaders) by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:25am On Jan 03, 2021
That can never be possible!

For true worshipers of the same God to practice what they stand for there must be standards and laid down rules to which all members must be in subjection. But since each one wants to pitch his tent and set his own standard everyone is free to make his/her own rules. No wonder Jesus said "I will declare to them 'i never knew you, go away from me you workers of LAWLESSNESS" Matthew 7:23 smiley
Re: Do You Practice What You Preach (religious Leaders) by doggedfighter(f): 7:48am On Jan 03, 2021
They preach lies leaving them with nothing to practice.

1 Like

Re: Do You Practice What You Preach (religious Leaders) by Babaj145(m): 8:24am On Jan 03, 2021
This is Nigeria, nobody practice what dey preach..

(1) (Reply)

Pride Words That Can Destroy You / The Beast Wounded In The Head But Did Live... in The Book Of Revelation / How To Overcome Evil With Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.