Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,626 members, 7,878,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:20 AM

Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. (33691 Views)

65 Internet Acronyms And Slangs You Never Knew / We Often Use Acronyms That We Do Not Know Their Meaning In Our Everyday Lives / Unbelievable Acronyms That Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by dafeoroyo: 10:32am On Jan 04, 2021
ozor
tule
laycon
fem
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by emmydee(m): 10:34am On Jan 04, 2021
Massacre
Endsars
Lekki toll gate
Protests
Protesters
Revolution
Corona virus
Coro
Shutdown
Vaccine
Infected
Testing
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by geesilver(m): 10:39am On Jan 04, 2021
what of SIMP and shocked and
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by aalangel(f): 10:39am On Jan 04, 2021
It was a plandemic!!
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Zenor23: 10:42am On Jan 04, 2021
ATEAMS:

Meanwhile

Popular smileys and meaning
The image is not clear enough.
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Abujaexpress: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2021
Yello1:
Some words were constantly used in the media, religious places, work environs, by individuals or group in the just past year. While some had been in existence before now, some came into existence just this last year. Below are those that i can still remember, nairalanders are free to add theirs.

Sanitizer
Pandemic
Covid19
Lockdown
SARS
Palliative
Scamdemic
Strike
Facemask
Quarantine
Isolation
Ban
Kidnapping... etc

They are more than these listed but these are the few ones i can pick. Feel free to add urs.
May we all have great words to utter this year.
Endsars
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by mightyhazel: 10:48am On Jan 04, 2021
jailbreak..
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by ArinzeAnthony03: 10:49am On Jan 04, 2021
The oga kpatakpata of them all is

PALLIATIVE

AND

WAREHOUSE

1 Like

Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Otunski: 10:58am On Jan 04, 2021
Na the matter we still dey try settle since
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 04, 2021
The two I love most: Wahala be like bicycle. Werey.
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Kharol1234: 11:35am On Jan 04, 2021
Palliative
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Jamalson(m): 11:36am On Jan 04, 2021
Yello1:
Some words were constantly used in the media, religious places, work environs, by individuals or group in the just past year. While some had been in existence before now, some came into existence just this last year. Below are those that i can still remember, nairalanders are free to add theirs.

Sanitizer
Pandemic
Covid19
Lockdown
SARS
Palliative
Scamdemic
Strike
Facemask
Quarantine
Isolation
Ban
Kidnapping... etc

They are more than these listed but these are the few ones i can pick. Feel free to add urs.
We also words like -Bandits -Fake news -Hate speech -Fighting corruption -Insecurity -Herds men [s]
Yello1:

Sanitizer
Pandemic
Covid19
Lockdown
SARS
Palliative
Scamdemic
Strike
Facemask
Quarantine
Isolation
Ban
Kidnapping... etc

We also words like -Bandits -Fake news -Hate speech -Fighting corruption -Insecurity -Herds men [/s]
Yello1:

Sanitizer
Pandemic
Covid19
Lockdown
SARS
Palliative
Scamdemic
Strike
Facemask
Quarantine
Isolation
Ban
Kidnapping... etc

We also words like -Bandits, -Fake news, -Hate speech, -Fighting corruption, -Insecurity, and Herds men,
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by holocron: 11:42am On Jan 04, 2021
We MOVE!
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2021
Wahala like bicycle....
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by farouk2much(m): 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
vaccine
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by farouk2much(m): 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
vaccination
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Henrywalker: 12:09pm On Jan 04, 2021
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by femi4: 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2021
Yello1:

Sanitizer
Pandemic
Covid19
Lockdown
SARS
Palliative
Scamdemic
Strike
Facemask
Quarantine
Isolation
Ban
Kidnapping... etc

Asymptomatic
Social distancing
Novel
Ventilator
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by justmykel(m): 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
Yello1:

Sanitizer
Pandemic
Covid19
Lockdown
SARS
Palliative
Scamdemic
Strike
Facemask
Quarantine
Isolation
Ban
Kidnapping... etc

The bolded actually made someone I know $4k richer
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Emperormartin(m): 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
CNN reports
Kankara boys
Invisible camera
Oba staff of office
Police and army claiming the release of kankara boys
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Stallione(m): 12:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
Why u no come add nwa oma osiso grin
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Mayehunta991: 12:53pm On Jan 04, 2021
E Choke!
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Eaglesence: 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2021
Kingosytex:

I think you meant isolation.

Curfew
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by criuze(m): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
broda shagy
Aisha yusuf
Trump
Nancy pelosi
i don forget that big brother naija winner
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by XYZo: 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
Yello1:

Sanitizer
Pandemic
Covid19
Lockdown
SARS
Palliative
Scamdemic
Strike
Facemask
Quarantine
Isolation
Ban
Kidnapping... etc

Where is the popular sorosoke
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Bianda24: 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2021
Epicenter, garlic, ginger, lemon, Dongoyaro, Wuhan, China, Trump, Pelosi etc
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by Myzubby(m): 1:39pm On Jan 04, 2021
PAlliative
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by davit: 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
Especially hoodlum
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by zubimete(f): 2:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
ugochukwufrenzy:
bandits,,,the english name of boko haram
. FULANI HERDSMEN THE MECHANIZED NAME OF BOKO HARAM
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by jahlove4jah: 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2021
There was also asymptomatic
Re: Words And Acronyms That Gained Popularity In Year 2020. by GGirll: 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
We move
End Sars
Bandits
Gun men
Kidnappers
Presidency
Soto soke
Our mumu Don do
Lekki toll gate
Hate speech
Covik 19
ASUU
Strike
Zoo
Wahala det like bicycle
Social distancing
lockdown
Palliative
Swat
Ruga
Ranching
Cattle rustling
Sanitizer
Face masks
No cross over service
Lifting lockdown
Partial lockdown
Hoodlums
1milliob boys
Cultist clashes
Awawa boys
Believe this people at your own peril
Border closure
Border reopening
Police brutality
Justice
Bring back our boys
Prophets n prophecies
Odumeje
Back to back
Protesters
Bobrisky
Pls add yours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Are A Genius, Answer This Question! / History And Importance Of English Language In Nigeria / Little Boy Found Hawking In Cross River Enrolled In School (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.