Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,796 members, 7,921,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:25 PM

Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday (15569 Views)

Obaseki's Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Fixes Jan 9 For Judgement / Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence / Forgery: Court Admits Two More Exhibits Against Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by abc115: 5:04am On Jan 05, 2021
blackpanda:

Try to read or watch news
See this one

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by blackpanda: 5:18am On Jan 05, 2021
tillaman:
but I believe in one he is still playing a major role in this war
He just wants him out And I don’t see that happening

That's your assumption that has no bearing with reality. Oshiomole fought and lost and has gone quietly. Yet u guys won't let him rest.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by joelag: 5:25am On Jan 05, 2021
Oshiomomhle thinks he can have his way this time. The forces are directly against him. Let's wait and see.
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by samx4real(m): 5:30am On Jan 05, 2021
APC is still forgetting that

Edo is not Imo
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by cktheluckyman: 5:40am On Jan 05, 2021
Confirmedzombie:

You have said it all. The pressure now on obasike and his team and no more APC as the delay tactics didn't work for him.

My prayer is for obasek to defend himself but I fear he has a huge hurdle.

His lawyers and advisers never advised him well at all.

APC even presented a similar suit by PDP as evidence which was admitted by the court.

The UI confirmation of his certificate to me has no effect on this cases.

There are lots of controversies on obasek which I doubt he will be able to overcome.

I wish obasek all the best of luck as he commence his defense and I pray there will be no delay by the court now to allow him defend himself.

For those who don't know the law, as far as the delay tactics by obasek didnt work and the petitioners have closed there defense, if any delays now, the judge is at liberty to deliver judgement at any time to beat the 180 days that expires on Sunday 10th January 2021.

Goodluck to my brother and friend obasike
How will the UI confirmation of his certificate have no bearing on the case? Are you fucking kidding me?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by chrisxxx(m): 5:46am On Jan 05, 2021
Dansuqi:

Silence is best when you have nothing useful to say
This your advice is epic however misdirected.
It is a piece of advice urgently needed by the APC ghost hunters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by chrisxxx(m): 5:53am On Jan 05, 2021
ayclem01:
I am beginning to feel for this man, it was really a terrible mistake in the sides of his legal advisers. How I wish obaseki did not even presented his certificate to inec, for crying out loud they where not even compulsory. Too know na just de worry obaseki and his legal advisers are all dundee
No he did the right by presenting the real one na. The ones he presented in 2016 had issues. So what he did was to go back to the school for the originals. What he presented in 2020 are all authentic.
The problem here is how to reconcile it with 2016. Though good enough he claims he got them missing ..
Oshiomole thought he had none at all and was waiting for him to follow the previous path.
He was surprised that Obaseki presented the authentic papers.
His drag now is that it is not same with the previous.
There are a lot of waivers given in school those days even till now.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by TBadd(m): 6:01am On Jan 05, 2021
Make dem free dis man na
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by cpu2006(m): 6:11am On Jan 05, 2021
Obaseki is a bad market for PDP in Edo state
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by moodyguy: 6:12am On Jan 05, 2021
Fibonacci88:

Besides looting, Nigeria politicians seem to be d dumbest set of ppl. Y presenting a controversial bsc when u have a WAEC certificate.
wot is controversial about the bsc result? zombies wud not seize to amaze us.
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by seanfer(m): 6:15am On Jan 05, 2021
chrisxxx:

No he did the right by presenting the real one na. The ones he presented in 2016 had issues. So what he did was to go back to the school for the originals. What he presented in 2020 are all authentic.
The problem here is how to reconcile it with 2016. Though good enough he claims he got them missing ..
Oshiomole thought he had none at all and was waiting for him to follow the previous path.
He was surprised that Obaseki presented the authentic papers.
His drag now is that it is not same with the previous.
There are a lot of waivers given in school those days even till now.

Do you know that the APC called the Abuja high court Registrar as a witness and he denied that the affidavit submitted to INEC by Obaseki in 2016 is not from the court?
That alone is a tough hurdle for Obaseki in this case because a case of forgery might be established on that.
Obaseki’s legal team and advisers played a bad game by using delay tactics. Now the pressure is on them to rush their defense in less than 4 days.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by moodyguy: 6:18am On Jan 05, 2021
seanfer:

Do you know that the APC called the Abuja high court Registrar as a witness and he denied that the affidavit submitted to INEC by Obaseki in 2016 is not from the court?
That alone is a tough hurdle for Obaseki in this case because a case of forgery might be established on that.
Obaseki’s legal team and advisers played a bad game by using delay tactics. Now the pressure is on them to rush their defense in less than 4 days.
The Registrar's evidence has no effect on the case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by ejimatic: 6:23am On Jan 05, 2021
kahal29:
…as APC closes its case with 6 witnesses, tenders 17 Exhibits

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/alleged-certificate-forgery-court-orders-obaseki-to-open-defence-tuesday/amp/
. Akin Olujimi SAN has brilliantly and Logically presented his case from APC and PDP sides. I dont want to preempt the judgement of the court eapecially when PDP has not starred his defence.However, there are discrepancies in Obaseki" s qualifications and both APC and PDP are aware of this.The governor should have used only what he has and would still win if they wanted him.As it is his defence must be strong today with substantial evidence..His original papers must be presented at the court and agree with his sworn oath and all his affidavits.WAEC and UI must be ready to tender his original certificates for him to smile away.If his defence is weak it may end in Lyon s way

6 Likes

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by seanfer(m): 6:24am On Jan 05, 2021
moodyguy:

To you it has no effect. But the court has admitted the evidence as exhibit.
Also the case filed by PDP in 2016 is what the court will use to mail them.
Bad time for PDP and Obaseki.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by moodyguy: 6:27am On Jan 05, 2021
seanfer:

To you it has no effect. But the court has admitted the evidence as exhibit.
Also the case filed by PDP in 2016 is what the court will use to mail them.
Bad time for PDP and Obaseki.
Wishful thinking the case is DOA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by seanfer(m): 6:27am On Jan 05, 2021
ejimatic:
. Akin Olujimi SAN has brilliantly and Logically presented his case from APC and PDP sides. I dont want to preempt the judgement of the court eapecially when PDP has not starred his defence.However, there are discrepancies in Obaseki" s qualifications and both APC and PDP are aware of this.The governor should have used only what he has and would still win if they wanted him.As it is his defence must be strong today with substantial evidence..His original papers must be presented at the court and agree with his sworn oath and all his affidavits.WAEC and UI must be ready to tender his original certificates for him to smile away.If his defence is weak it may end in Lyon s way

I see one place the Governor will have serious problem to defend and that is the 2016 affidavit he submitted to INEC. The registrar of the high court is one of the APC witnesses and he denied the affidavit coming from the court.
Also the court wrote to PDP in 2016 that they didn’t issue the affidavit.
Let’s see how Obaseki will defend that part.

5 Likes

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by malakaimoscondo: 6:31am On Jan 05, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even though certificate forgery is a serious crime in Nigeria but reasonable Nigerians knows that Obaseki has no case to answer. APC is just looking for a back door that they might use to enter but they will fail woefully
this is ignorant at the peak..but David Lyon had a case to ans for his deputy that was allege to have forge a certificate abi?

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by gbolaekemode: 6:32am On Jan 05, 2021
One thing is key here, that is the response of the University of Ibadan that Obaseki graduated from the school. He sworn to Affidavit for missing certificate, the Certificate was subsequently found with Error in name spelling. The University of Ibadan then re-issued a fresh Certificate with correct spelling last year. And it was this fresh one that he used for the 2020 election. Based on the Supreme Court judgement on the Bayelsa case, the University of Ibadan seems to have rescued Obaseki. APC is trying to prove it is fake. University of Ibadan the issuer, authenticated the certificate. Obaseki will survive. My take.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 05, 2021
PVision2020:
I wonder how our politicians spend billions on legal counsel and still end up having lacuna and loopholes in their cases.
All the legal counsel of Obaseki and PDP that went through his INEC form need to be jailed, same with David Lyon's.
For crying out loud Obaseki escaped this same ordeal by the wisker in 2016 and PDP only lost the case due to APC and Oshiomoles' time wasting tactics only to repeat a more grievous mistake 4 years later knowing fully well that your one time friend and ally who knows all your secrets is now your sworn enemy.
You brought a certificate in 2020 that contradicts the sworn affidavit of 2016?

I hope he survive this.

He still has technical justice on his side. The question is, can the court deliver judgment before Sunday?

Can the court suo-moto amend Section 285(10) of the CFRN ( as amended) 2010, for an extension of time within which to conclude the case?

What happens if the constitutional time frame so provided for, elapses on Sunday?

Hmmmmm.

The legal battle is just starting. And I like what Obaseki's legal team is doing.

If APC walked away with technical justice in 2016, PDP can also walk away on the same grounds. It's that simple.

But let's watch and see what happens. Sunday is just a few days from now.

Except, perhaps the court decides to abridge time and do away with final addresses. But even at that, can the court write judgment and deliver same in Sunday?

How long will it allot the Defence team to call their witnesses?

How long will it take the Plaintiff's team to cross-examine?

My conclusion is let's wait for Monday next week and see what happens.

This case will be sweet on appeal. Walahi.
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by dontbothermuch: 6:37am On Jan 05, 2021
gbolaekemode:
One thing is key here, that is the response of the University of Ibadan that Obaseki graduated from the school. He sworn to Affidavit for missing certificate, the Certificate was subsequently found with Error in name spelling. The University of Ibadan then re-issued a fresh Certificate with correct spelling last year. And it was this fresh one that he used for the 2020 election. Based on the Supreme Court judgement on the Bayelsa case, the University of Ibadan seems to have rescued Obaseki. APC is trying to prove it is fake. University of Ibadan the issuer, authenticated the certificate. Obaseki will survive. My take.
Na so me too read am o. Even the four apc withness no fit proof anything hence them close the case. I no know wetin others read sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by ejimatic: 6:38am On Jan 05, 2021
seanfer:

I see one place the Governor will have serious problem to defend and that is the 2016 affidavit he submitted to INEC. The registrar of the high court is one of the APC witnesses and he denied the affidavit coming from the court.
Also the court wrote to PDP in 2016 that they didn’t issue the affidavit.
Let’s see how Obaseki will defend that part.
. Good and correct! Olujimi succeeded in approaching the case from PDP view in 2016 and APC view in 2020. This strengthens the case, making it formidable as it is. and anybody who will appear for PDP as D1. 2 3 etc should not stumble on words for they have questions to answer on this case.Let see how PDP will break the wall of APC in their defence...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by ejimatic: 6:42am On Jan 05, 2021
kahal29:
…as APC closes its case with 6 witnesses, tenders 17 Exhibits

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/alleged-certificate-forgery-court-orders-obaseki-to-open-defence-tuesday/amp/
Which Sunday will 180 days elapse? If it is 10 January the PDP may be given two days for its defence a day for INEC while the judgement will be given on Saturday IN BRIEF with details later on a day to be selected by Justice Mohammed .

1 Like

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by KoleDgreat2020(m): 6:42am On Jan 05, 2021
cktheluckyman:

How will the UI confirmation of his certificate have no bearing on the case? Are you fucking kidding me?
help me ask them.. people are just commenting on what they don't know about.. One can make typographical error in affidavit. UI confirmation ends this case
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by Onlyonebuhari: 6:43am On Jan 05, 2021
TheGodlessGod:
oga shut up and read first. Dundee

And u think he can read?
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by yemex04(m): 6:50am On Jan 05, 2021
blackpanda:

U do realise that oshiomole is neither a party to the suits nor even a member of apc. He was kicked out, remember?

Oshiomole is not a member of the APC? Are u deliberately deceiving yourself?

1 Like

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by Gval123: 6:57am On Jan 05, 2021
Hmmmm, the governor have a lot of work to do, but everything points in his favor,only if the judges are fair. It is not the duty of anybody outside the institution to challenge the admission process , as the institution must ensure that the said student meets the standard before admission. If the school openly come out to ascertain the validity of the student claim, hence, the court should dismiss such case. The criteria for admission in each department differs. I think the governor is standing on a solid rock, the university and its testimony
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by Dansuqi: 6:59am On Jan 05, 2021
chrisxxx:

This your advice is epic however misdirected.
It is a piece of advice urgently needed by the APC ghost hunters.

Let that boy take it first
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by Dansuqi: 7:01am On Jan 05, 2021
ejimatic:
. Good and correct! Olujimi succeeded in approaching the case from PDP view in 2016 and APC view in 2020. This strengthens the case, making it formidable as it is. and nobody who will appear for PDP as D1. 2 3 etc should not stumble on words for they have questions to answer on this case.Let see how PDP will break the wall of APC in their defence...

Cktheluckyman
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by Dansuqi: 7:01am On Jan 05, 2021
dontbothermuch:
Na so me too read am o. Even the four apc withness no fit proof anything hence them close the case. I no know wetin others read sha
They proved possible forgery
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by Dansuqi: 7:03am On Jan 05, 2021
litigator:

He still has technical justice on his side. The question is, can the court deliver judgment before Sunday?

Can the court suo-moto amend Section 285(10) of the CFRN ( as amended) 2010, for an extension of time within which to conclude the case?

What happens if the constitutional time frame so provided for, elapses on Sunday?

Hmmmmm.

The legal battle is just starting. And I like what Obaseki's legal team is doing.

If APC walked away with technical justice in 2016, PDP can also walk away on the same grounds. It's that simple.

But let's watch and see what happens. Sunday is just a few days from now.

Except, perhaps the court decides to abridge time and do away with final addresses. But even at that, can the court write judgment and deliver same in Sunday?

How long will it allot the Defence team to call their witnesses?

How long will it take the Plaintiff's team to cross-examine?

My conclusion is let's wait for Monday next week and see what happens.

This case will be sweet on appeal. Walahi.

The deadline is on 13 not Sunday.the court can deliver judgment and give reasons another day
Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by Dansuqi: 7:05am On Jan 05, 2021
moodyguy:

But the registrar of ui has bearing abi? Are you OK

1 Like

Re: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday by Dansuqi: 7:06am On Jan 05, 2021
TBadd:
Make dem free dis man na

Lyon nko

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Insecurity: When Will Nigeria Itself Be Abducted? - Mike Ozekhome / Yunusa Tanko, Arabambi Differ On Obi’s Manifesto / Sanwo-Olu To Request FG To Permit Importation Of Rice Paddy For Imota Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.