Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,252 members, 7,887,727 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:56 PM

18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress (3548 Views)

69-year-old Herbalist Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife / Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Girl Kills Her 4-day-Old Son For Prostitution In Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Kennyblues(m): 9:30am On Mar 30, 2011
An 18 year-old girl reportedly killed herself yesterday morning over a disagreement with her mother on her mode of dressing.

The incident occurred around 7am at their home in Olusesi Street, Ago Palace Way, Okota, Lagos.

It was gathered that the deceased, simply identified as Peju, wore a dress that exposed her body.

Sources said her mother, who had always complained about her dressing, asked her to change the dress.

They said Peju refused, threatening to harm herself, if her mother did not allow her to wear the dress.

It was learnt that when her mother insisted that she would not go out, unless she changed the dress, Peju rushed into the house, came back with a bottle of a drink suspected to be poisonous. It was gathered that she swallowed the content.

Sources said Peju slumped and was taken to a private hospital in the neighbourhood, but was rejected.

It was gathered that she died on the way to another hospital.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/32259.html
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by fstranger3(m): 9:34am On Mar 30, 2011
Good, one less wayward mouth to feed!
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by iyatrustee(f): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2011
why would she do that? d life been don tire am i think angry angry angry angry
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by na2(f): 9:40am On Mar 30, 2011
she got what she deserved .
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by spikedcylinder: 9:43am On Mar 30, 2011
She did it to punish her mother. Poor woman.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Afam4eva(m): 9:48am On Mar 30, 2011
The girl is a wicked bitch. Who does that kind of thing. because of dress kwa. She got what she bargained for and i don't feel sorry for her one bit. It's her mother i pity. may the poor woman have the fortitude to bear the loss of a satanic pikin.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by ohasol(m): 10:00am On Mar 30, 2011
na2:

she got what she deserved .
just like that, this kind of person , is she qualify to be a mother, do she have the thought that one day she will have a family what will she do then,
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by ITbomb(m): 10:05am On Mar 30, 2011
another bitch-in-the-makin deleted
Poor Mum
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2011
Wayward angry
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by jaymanny: 10:39am On Mar 30, 2011
she's was definitely spoiled and obviously wasn't used to her parents not agreeing with what she does. i mean wat in d world wld make her think of poison? yoruba's wld say 'ayo lo n pa eniyan'. but u knw wat they say 'dont speak ill of the dead'. i pray her mum finds the strenght to get over this.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by samtoye(m): 10:40am On Mar 30, 2011
Abiku !!!!! the golden child that puts the life saving power of the great herbalist to shame !!! A good excuse to return !!! May God deliver us from them !!!
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by redsun(m): 11:00am On Mar 30, 2011
Don't nigerian medical practitioners abide by medical ethics to save life at all cost? I think d hospital that rejected her should be sued by her family for negligence and even manslaughter
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2011
redsun:

Don't nigerian medical practitioners abide by medical ethics to save life at all cost? I think d hospital that rejected her should be sued by her family for negligence and even manslaughter
Guy wake up grin
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by trekkie: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2011
mama peju
talk of how your daughter was  bad person only serves to add insult to your injury
you saw parts of her that no one ever did
at a time she was your sweet little girl
nothing can change that.
i am sure that she only meant to punish you and not to kill herself really but she miscalculated
and her death is the result
i am soo sorry to hear of the needless death of such a young person over such a trivial issue.
the hospital that rejected her is also culpable in this tragedy.
when tears have reduced from your eyes please see to it that the name and address of the hospital is well publicised
you are a good mother and don't deserve this pain in your heart.
you have paid a heavy price to enforce decency in your family and in the society at large.
but your loss is not in vain. whenever we think of a mother who wanted the best for her child we will say
remember mama peju!
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Iniobon(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2011
I wish others who put on indecent dress will copy her.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 30, 2011
ThankGod she didn't grow enough to become a misery to another man.She is the one that lose here afterall,the mother may possibly give birth to other children.so life goes on while peju bears her sorrowful end alone !
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by redsun(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ blink, wake up to what? Stupidit.y of nigerian professional ethics i guess. It is d stupidit.y that will wake up to reality and u too,u have to shine ur eyes.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by redsun(m): 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2011
Nigerian parents like in most things are yet to graspe d dynamism of parenting. That poor lass was a young adult and her mum still think it is her right to tell her what to wear.it's not she wanted to go out naked. Even if she does,it her life.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by bolseas(f): 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
, error
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by oluwabamis(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2011
teach your child the way he should go , when she gets old she will not depart from it. that law never fails.
the summary is that the mother failed to bring her up properly, im sorry to say that.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by MaiSuya(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kill herself because mum told her to change her dress?? This one no be natural o! shocked shocked
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by ifyalways(f): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
Iniobon:

cheesy
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 30, 2011
oluwabamis:

teach your child the way he should go , when she gets old she will not depart from it. that law never fails.
the summary is that the mother failed to bring her up properly, im sorry to say that. 
Girls of nowadays are something else even when the parent beat them blue and black to impact discipline in them,they will still do what is their minds.
I wonder how many parent can stop their  daughters from wearing mini-skirts and all those artificial make-up .
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Afam4eva(m): 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
redsun:

Nigerian parents like in most things are yet to graspe d dynamism of parenting. That poor lass was a young adult and her mum still think it is her right to tell her what to wear.it's not she wanted to go out unclothed. Even if she does,it her life.

You a big F.O.O.L for for this nonsense you just spewed.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Beaf: 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2011
Iniobon:

You're not serious! shocked
I wish indecent dressing will become fashion. cool cool cool cool cool cool

. . .But any hairy chested, scary looking, k-legged, big bellied and concave yanshed wonders will be adviced to dress in hijab. grin
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by homerac7: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^

U dey kolo seriously. grin grin grin

Aside, u fit send me blank mail make we discuss serious technical matter? homerac7@yahoo.com
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by redsun(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
Afam4ever,u a kn.obhead. We know who d fo.ol are,d fo-ol child-like parents like u breeding like mole rats without a clue of what it is all about. As if children are price trophies.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by redsun(m): 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2011
That poor girl was let down by a failed system,especially d socalled hospital that rejected her,that probably would ve revived her but for nigerian cave syndrome and ethics that cut accross all discipline.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Thirst4Lif: 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2011
This girl had mental issues that far exceeded the dress she wanted to wear.

God rest her soul! Too bad her mental deficiencies were not addressed

before she took her own life.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by Blazay(m): 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2011
Who says parenting is easy? Especially with hot-headed teens?
Well, every body go got rest in peace or pieces now.
Too bad. Life is meaningless for the mentally-ill especially.
Obviously, this was a no-win situation.

Tragic.
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by fstranger3(m): 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^^

Nice booty there Blazay!
Re: 18-year-old Girl Kills Self Over Dress by harakiri(m): 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2011
This is what happens when parents emulate sparing the rod like the westerners. A child CANNOT be "reasoned" with and she was obviously pampered all her life. Raising kids isn't easy (especially daughters). This is the kind of girl that can make arrangements with kidnappers or hire assasins to kill her rich parents so they enjoy the riches in "peace". No wonder some ppl prefer having many children. I feel sorry for parents who think they are being "civil" and "in tune" with modern society by sparing the rod to avoid "abusing" the kids.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo:the Pics That Got Him In Trouble With His Wife / Interesting Facts About Firstborn Children / Do Husbands Feel Guilty After Making Love To Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.