Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,397 members, 7,947,671 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:30 AM

Transformation By The Word! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Transformation By The Word! (522 Views)

Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. / Can The Word Of God Contain Contradiction (let The Bible Speak) / Is Bible The Word of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transformation By The Word! by Theotempo: 10:15am On Mar 30, 2011
Transformation
By The Word
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).
You might have heard some folks say concerning
a Christian who perhaps did something wrong, “But I thought he said he was born again, why is he acting that way?” Well, the truth is, he may be born again alright, but the reason he’s acting that way is that his mind still needs to be renewed by the Word of God, and he’s still learning to walk in the newness of life.
Man is a spirit; he has a soul and lives in a body; it’s your spirit that’s born again, not your soul. However, there’s a transformation that takes place in your soul, and it’s the Word of God that makes it happen. That’s why James 1:21 admonishes that you “receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.” The engrafted word is the Word of God you receive into your spirit; it transforms your life.
The process of this transformation is explained to us in Romans 12:2: “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” The more and longer you study God’s Word, the more you’re transformed and literally transfigured into the image that you see in the Word. After a while, your attitude, mindset and belief systems will change. You’ll realize that you’re different; your life and character have been improved and you’ve become more spiritual. That’s because God’s Word has transforming power.
When your mind is renewed with the Word, God’s thoughts become your thoughts, and you learn to exchange your ideas for His. This gives you a new mindset, as your outlook on life and ways of relating to things around you change.
Prayer
I thank you dear heavenly Father for the entrance of your Word that enlightens my spirit and renews my mind. As i meditate on your Word today, I’m transformed and positioned for glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Re: Transformation By The Word! by Theotempo: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2011
Man is a spirit; he has a soul and lives in a body; it’s your spirit that’s born again, not your soul. However, there’s a transformation that takes place in your soul, and it’s the Word of God that makes it happen.That’s why James 1:21 admonishes that you “receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.” The engrafted word is the Word of God you receive into your spirit; it transforms your life.

(1) (Reply)

Keeping Your Healing / The Problem With The Christian Is Internal / Letter From Heaven"worship The Lord "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.