Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,190 members, 7,939,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:15 PM

An Open Letter To Beaf - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Open Letter To Beaf (939 Views)

Describe Beaf In 2 Words / Beaf Is Back! / Banning Of Beaf, Rhino5dm, Aisha And Others Unnecessary, Illogical Or Autocratic?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Beaf by proproman(m): 11:36am On Mar 30, 2011
Dear Mr Beaf,

I have intended to create this thread for a while now but due to certain circumstances beyond my control (like my ISP) i have been unable to. However, it may be a good thing because if I had posted this earlier, it would be in no way complementary, but given that the elections will soon be over and done with and with it, hopefully, this your aggressive "political activism", i've decided to be a bit more open minded and toe a middle line.

Over the past few weeks, you have raved, ranted, hollered, insulted, bullied and argued here on Nairaland in favour of your preferred presidential candidate. You've even gone as far as creatin multiple monikers to give us the impression that there are more people supporting you and your arguments. Well, I don't blame you. Many of us will go far to shore up support for our preferred candidates, maybe not to the extent of anoying nearly everyone else in a public forum, but you get the point.

I was speaking with a few friends about the coming polls. Some said they were going to vote Jonathan for a variety of reasons but they had a lot of faith in him. They expressed their hope in his ability to bring about the desired change. They said he was the most preferable of all the candidates. They said he was young and had a lot to offer, etc.

All that I have heard already. However, I am addressing this thread to you because you have not just tried to convince us to vote Jonathan, you've also tried to force him down our throats.

I'm not exactly against Jonathan, i believe all the aspirants have something to offer. I won't hug a transformer if he wins by legality or crookedity. However, it is what follows that matters to me. If your Jonathan wins this election and fails to deliver, then it will be your head that should be called for, not his. The way you have painted Jonathan on this forum, one would think he is a prime candidate for sainthood. Without apologies, i'm not sure Jonathan is what we need at this time. He doesn't strike me as being decisive enough. He hasn't posited himself as someone that thinks holistically, sometimes his decisions look like he failed to think of the consequences. Luck, as you like to have it, brought him to where he is, not proper politicking. In governance, luck can't take you far, so if you're expectimg some "luck" from, somewhere to fix Nigeria just because Jonathan is president, then I advise you to stop smoking whatever it is that you're on. He has been in government for quote a while, even longer than Fashola and we all know who has achieved more. I really don't want to mention that i don't expect much from his first lady as regards promoting Nigeria outside the shores of the country; her speeches inside it are bad enough. Then, of course, he belongs to that antidemocratic den called the pdp. Even of he has good intentions, i'm sure they won't allow him succeed. So you see, there's a lot to make not just me, but a whole lot of people skeptical about a Jonathan presidency.

What Jonathan has going for him is his age relative to that of the other aspirants and the fact that he is from the SS and Nigerians are largely tired of Notherners being our leaders an not a track record of performing at the highest level. For me personally, competence comes way ahead of age and tribe. If an 85 year old man will change Nigeria for the better, then we'd better hand him the reins than giving it to a 50 year old that will keep things the same or make it worse.

Before you call me a Ribadu or Buhari or Shekarau apologist, i support none of these people. They all have their faults that have been highlighted here on nairaland, some by you but seeing as nobody has rubbed them in our faces the way you've done with Jonathan, i find it unnecessary to pursue their cases as yet.

This is the bottom line of my post; if your Jonathan wins this erection, sorry election, and then fails Nigerians, you better hope that none of us lays our fingers on you because you will have a lot of explaining to do. At that time, i don't want us to have to search for you on NL and that you won't create a new moniker (something you're now apparently quite good at) to escape our queries. We have endured your actions here so there will be no excuses for failure from you patron
Re: An Open Letter To Beaf by Odunnu: 11:55am On Mar 30, 2011
Okay, we don hear. Thank you
Re: An Open Letter To Beaf by 5columnist: 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2011
Your bid to discredit a passionate man like BEAF for what he believes in is entirely unacceptable. Politics is passion and marketing GEJ requires BEAF to highlight his strengths as well as the weaknesses of his opponents.

If you don’t support the sharia freak called Buhari or Rock star wanabe that has no confidence in himself, why write an open letter to BEAF?

BEAF great job , you are a principled man. Your view has not shifted for as long as I know you on NAIRALAND. Most of the things you write about are verifiable facts. It is either some people have refused to research or chose to ignore the reality of our time.
Re: An Open Letter To Beaf by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2011
This is the bottom line of my post; if your Jonathan wins this erection, sorry election, and then fails Nigerians, you better hope that none of us lays our fingers on you because you will have a lot of explaining to do. At that time, i don't want us to have to search for you on NL and that you won't create a new moniker (something you're now apparently quite good at) to escape our queries. We have endured your actions here so there will be no excuses for failure from you patron

Word!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To Beaf by Beaf: 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2011
5columnist:

Your bid to discredit a passionate man like BEAF for what he believes in is entirely unacceptable. Politics is passion and marketing GEJ requires BEAF to highlight his strengths as well as the weaknesses of his opponents.

If you don’t support the sharia freak called Buhari or Rock star wanabe that has no confidence in himself, why write an open letter to BEAF?

BEAF great job , you are a principled man. Your view has not shifted for as long as I know you on NAIRALAND. Most of the things you write about are verifiable facts. It is either some people have refused to research or chose to ignore the reality of our time.

Big thanks, bro.
Its easy to sport those who a weak, unprincipled and mentally lazy (like the OP).
Re: An Open Letter To Beaf by Pharoh: 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^

Don't bother yourself to reply the OP.
Re: An Open Letter To Beaf by 5columnist: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2011
No worries bro. He said you have created a number of you. Guess they will think this is you hailing yourself. God guide and God bless.
Re: An Open Letter To Beaf by proproman(m): 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2011
ha, i thought the multiple id thing would be carefully avoided on this particular thread but i'm apparently very wrong. you can spew insults till the kingdom come, i'll hardly be bothered. what sort of campaigner convinces people to see reason with him or his cause by insulting them? wether these posts lauding your prowess (at what, i will not state) are from other nairalanders or are being engineered by other "yous" here on nairaland is not my headache. i have sha given you the low down. your jonathan must give us the heaven he's promising us through you else you'll have to answer to Nairalanders.it would be unfair that you'll keep up this grandstanding only to dissappear when the hotseats shows up.
Re: An Open Letter To Beaf by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2011
Take your views to the right section. This section is to discuss politics
Re: An Open Letter To Beaf by proproman(m): 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2011
@aisha2, and that is,

the discussion does concern politics doesn't it?

(1) (Reply)

Roro- Just A Man (j.a.m) Enigma Beat By Don Jazzy / Where Can I Change My Ipod Nano Screen That Broke? / Affordable Protable Charcoal Grill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.