Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,479 members, 7,897,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:26 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? (521 Views)

Man Shares A Message He Received From A Coffin Seller (pix) / What Is The Difference Between The Exclusive And Concurrent List / Young Man Poses Inside A Casket (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by stansaintly(m): 8:22am On Jan 06, 2021
Many people often confuse the two.

What you are looking at below is not a coffin.

It is a casket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by stansaintly(m): 8:23am On Jan 06, 2021
Coffins:

Have 6 sides. They are designed to taper off at the bottom to accommodate the feet.

Originally they were used because they were seen as more efficient uses of wood.

Caskets became popular over the past 200 years because they are seen as being slightly less morbid —the 4-sided shape being less reminiscent of a dead body.

Fun stuff, right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 06, 2021
The only furniture I don't like seeing

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2021
Casket = pako w0rk . Coffin = furniture work. . Just like arm chair and sofa
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by chewwie(m): 8:32am On Jan 06, 2021
Chills ran down my spin just now
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by pyyxxaro: 8:32am On Jan 06, 2021
OP , u de craaaze oh

Naaa for here u won promote ur yeye business abi

Olumo rock fall on ur goat testes undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by smoke9910(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2021
Nice. I'm just knowing the difference today. I always thought they were two words for the same thing.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by slimjohn2k5: 8:45am On Jan 06, 2021
Coffin is used by villagers
Casket is used by the rich city people
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by smoke9910(m): 8:45am On Jan 06, 2021
chewwie:
Chills ran down my spin just now
We're all gonna die someday. No need to fear, it's a natural process.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by IamAtikulate: 8:46am On Jan 06, 2021
Copied yet no acknowledgement. We steal too much for this country

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by juman(m): 8:47am On Jan 06, 2021
"Is a coffin and a casket the same thing?"
"a coffin and a casket? The difference is basically one of design. Coffins are tapered at the head and foot and are wide at the shoulders. Caskets are rectangular in shape and are usually constructed of better quality timbers and feature higher standards of workmanship."

"Which is cheaper coffin or casket?"
"You may hear a casket referred to as a coffin. Since they serve the same purpose, both terms may be used interchangeably. ... Coffins are often cheaper than caskets because their design uses less material during construction."

GOOGLE.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by chewwie(m): 8:48am On Jan 06, 2021
smoke9910:

We're all gonna die someday. No need to fear, it's a natural process.
With all I have been through these past 5 years, death doesn't scare me one bit. These coffins just creep me out
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by CharleyBright(m): 8:49am On Jan 06, 2021
Hmm.
Just learnt this today.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by internationalman(m): 9:04am On Jan 06, 2021
While a Casket might have the same use as a Coffin, it is also used to serve drinks for yahoo boys and celebrities in a club...

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by juman(m): 9:07am On Jan 06, 2021
I always thought they were the same.

We learn new things everyday.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Coffin And A Casket? by yanabasee(m): 9:28am On Jan 06, 2021
Both of them settles six feet under the ground...And goes with a dead body.....

So?

(1) (Reply)

Most accurate brief history of Esan / Fg To Site Fed University Of Tech In Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom / FG Flags Off N-power Batch C With 510 Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.