Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,462 members, 7,974,886 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 12:33 PM

Have You Ever Wondered If Only Planning A Crime Makes You Totally Guilty? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Wondered If Only Planning A Crime Makes You Totally Guilty? (181 Views)

Two Slay Queens Fight, One Strips Herself Totally Unclad, The Other Runs / Sex In A Car In A Public Place Is Not A Crime In Nigeria – Police Acp / Thief Caught In The Early Hours Of Sunday Stripped Totally Unclad & Tied Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Wondered If Only Planning A Crime Makes You Totally Guilty? by Freddies(m): 12:23am On Jan 07, 2021
In this article, we will be discussing the various provisions of the law that revolve around; being an accomplice, aiding and abetting as well as the offence of conspiracy. To place our discussion in clear perspective, let’s begin by emphasizing the core questions we will be answering in this piece.
The questions are - what if you did not directly pull the trigger, stab the victim or partake in the direct commission of any other crime. What if like in the Money Heist movie series, you only played the role of the Professor? In other words, you gave the strategies, outlay and particularly assisted in the planning of the ‘hit’ but never even went to the scene of the crime. In fact you were only the engine room or brain box but you left the execution of the crime to another person or set of persons. Could you still be considered guilty of the crime committed in these circumstances?
As usual with the ‘what if’ series of writings in this site, we concede to what we expect to be your instinctive response - ’God forbid’ and so we will write this entire piece using ourselves as the point of reference.
So back to the question- what if I only assisted in the planning and carrying out the crime, Am I guilty?
First off, it is important to state that by offering advice for the execution of a crime, I become more than an accomplice.

please read more here https://ls-ng.com/what-if-i-only-assisted-in-planning-the-crimeam-i-guilty/
Re: Have You Ever Wondered If Only Planning A Crime Makes You Totally Guilty? by Lastmankc(m): 12:33am On Jan 07, 2021
Good family background matters a lot

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Comedian Mr Macaroni Speaks Following His Release After Being Arrested / . / Suspected Fulani Herdsman Attacks 18-year-old Boy And His Father Over Missing Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.