Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:57 PM

I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. (576 Views)

This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. / This Question About Jesus Has Been Bothering Me / Question About God That Has Been Bothering Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by The5DME(m): 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
1) If God created Satan, and God is 'all knowing'; shouldn't he have known that Satan was going to rebel and why didn't he destroy Satan? After all, a created being can't be greater that it's creator. Don't tell me nonsense about freewill.

2) why did God desperately wanted us to be ignorant? What crime did Satan really commit for showing humans the secrets of the Gods? Why doesn't God want us to be like them? Why are they scared of we becoming as wise as them?

Please, ardent christians should help me with anwsers.

Cc: budaatum somvayina maximus69 jesusjnr2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by Kestolove(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
Religion is a white man invention to continue looting Africa during d colonial era

1 Like

Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by budaatum: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
When you get to the point where your question is "who wrote the book", hola at buda, for I would know your understanding has begun.

Refs
https://www.nairaland.com/4960881/garden-eden-childs-view

https://www.nairaland.com/6301141/emancipate-yourself-slavery-ignorance
Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:
1) If God created Satan, and God is 'all knowing'; shouldn't he have known that Satan was going to rebel and why didn't he destroy Satan? After all, a created being can't be greater that it's creator. Don't tell me nonsense about freewill.

2) why did God desperately wanted us to be ignorant? What crime did Satan really commit for showing humans the secrets of the Gods? Why doesn't God want us to be like them? Why are they scared of we becoming as wise as them?

At least, I won't assume you have said what you never said.
But I don't think you will get answers to your questions.
Many religious people also believe God is mysterious.
But I don't believe I should understand nonsense.
Ultimately,religion is baseless.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by Fvckyouall: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:

I wonder too, why did he not end Satan why did he put Satan on Earth if he knew Satan would lead many astray. What crime did Satan even do that made him Damm Satan for enternity?
Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:31pm On Jan 08, 2021
[1] According to the book (Bible) the most high God is HOLY meaning he is pure inside out, there's no evil thoughts in his mind so he is unable to think of evil in the midst of his works.
That's the side effect being completely pure had on his works. So his regret was making intelligent creatures on planet earth because all others live on instinct unlike humans who have the ability to think!

[2] There is nothing like ignorance in Eden!
The first human pair just wanted to liberate themselves prematurely out of pride they chose to rebel against God perhaps they will succeed in setting their own perfect standards and that's what led us to where we are today.

Satan didn't show humans any secret, he just want cohorts who will support his rebellious acts it's like saying "join hands with me and we will rule the world PERFECTLY without God's guidance" from the look of things you and i can say a lot about human government today!

Because we can't survive it! A God connotes the authority to determine what happens in your domain, because we have diverse opinions and hobbies humans will not survive it if all of us wants to determine what happens in our domain.
That's why there is wars here and there today!

The true God wants us to be wise, but we need to take into consideration that there are many other intelligent beings like us around, so we shouldn't be selfish or greedy, that's what most people categorized as WISDOM today, and it's killing us slowly every day!

Thanks! smiley

The5DME:

Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by sonmvayina(m): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:

I will teach on this in the morning....
Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by At10tion: 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:

1. To show him His greatness. To teach him humility. Just like pharaoh was taught the same lesson.

2. It's not about God making us ignorant, it's about Him making us pass through the process of Divinity, so we can have a better understanding of who we are, what we have and what we need to do to remain who we are.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by Ihedinobi3: 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:

Hi there.

Since you have said not to tell you "nonsense about free will," I assume that you already know that answer, and you don't care about it. I won't bother you with it then. You can ignore my answer. I'm only making it because you asked good questions, and I think that others might benefit from it.

1. The answer is obviously free will. God is Love. So it makes sense that He made at least some of His Creatures with an ability to choose whether they will love Him or reject Him. Love is not imposing. Love is a thing of choice. So we can choose whether to love God or not. Satan chose not to love God and decided instead to rebel against Him. God then allowed him to be the source of that choice to other creatures, so that it is clear to every creature that has free will that they do have a choice whether to love God or to reject Him. The angels made their own choices, and now we humans are making ours.

2. I'll break this up into multiple answers since you asked multiple questions.

(a) I don't know any part of the Bible that teaches that God wanted human beings to be ignorant. He did tell Adam and Eve not to eat of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, but I don't see how that means that He wanted them to be ignorant. God came down and spent every evening with the couple. Given Jesus's lifestyle as described in the Gospels and the fact that Adam was the one whom the Lord gave the responsible of taxonomy, it seems obvious to me that the Lord was teaching them about Himself and the world that He created for them and their children. The fruit of the knowledge of good and evil only provided information about moral good and evil, something that Adam and Eve did not need since they did not sin and they knew the Lord Who is Himself the definition of good. On top of that, the very business of Christianity and faith in God is all about learning Who God is and what His plan for creation is. So, it is clearly false that God wants us to be ignorant.

(b) Obviously too, Satan lied. God was not hiding any useful secrets from Adam and Eve. Eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil did not give them the knowledge of the "Gods." It only taught them the many shapes of moral good and evil, that is, it gave them an expanded conscience. They did not need this before because God was teaching them all about "good" and they had no sin nature. There was only one evil thing that they knew: eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. After eating that fruit, they became aware of other forms of evil including murder, for example, when Cain decided that the way to deal with his unpleasant feelings toward his brother was to kill him.

(c) Interestingly, the whole business of spiritual growth for Christians is that we will become like Jesus Christ Who is Himself, God. In fact, the Lord Jesus tells us to be like God the Father in Matthew 5:48. Learning all the Bible's teachings too is how we come to know what God Himself knows although we are taught too that we will never know it all until we have been resurrected in a perfect body. So, I would say that there is no biblical reason to think that God doesn't want us to be like Him. If anyone points to Genesis 3:22-23, I would argue that while knowing more about what good and evil are made us naturally independent (in a rebellious sense, of course) of God (as your attitude here and the attitude of human beings in general prove) in our moral choices, it certainly did not put us on a par with God. We are gods because we have free will, which is a mirror of God's own sovereign will, but we are not God. We are still limited by our own bodies and by our circumstances, neither of which limitation God suffers.

(d) It is actually impossible to be as wise as God. God is Wisdom itself. There is no wisdom outside of God. When we try to compete with God in wisdom, what happens is that we become remarkably foolish. God offers us His Wisdom in the Bible if we are willing to listen to and learn from Him. If we are not, then we may fend for ourselves as we please. But we soon find that if we are not accepting His Wisdom, then we really are not wise at all.
Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by Galatians: 3:55am On Jan 09, 2021
Kestolove:
Religion is a white man invention to continue looting Africa during d colonial era

Are White men from Middle East or North Africa?
Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by Kestolove(m): 4:15am On Jan 09, 2021
Galatians:

Are White men from Middle East or North Africa?
olodo u don't know wia white men came from, ur daddy just waste his money training u in skool
Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by shadeyinka(m): 5:21am On Jan 09, 2021
The5DME:
1. Unfortunately, Freewill is part of it and can't be avoided. Freewill is UNTRUE if it is PREVENTED from acting out personal WILL within available constraints. Freewill MUST be tested for it to be truely freewill
2. Satan in his activities is playing into God's ultimate purpose. Satan is the catalyst for TESTING the freewill of every other being (including angels).
3. Will evil still exist without satan?
Most probably YES! Except there wasn't any plan by God to test freewill.

The5DME:

why did God desperately wanted us to be ignorant?

The "knowledge" within the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil is figurative and it doesn't mean that Adam and Eve were ignorant before eating the fruit. Adam named every living beings before the coming of Eve(and whatever Adam called them was what God agreed was their names)

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil symbolises
1. TOTAL INDEPENDENCE from God.
2. Being Self Consisting as a god to yourself.

These above is contrary to Gods purpose of creating man.

Gods purpose was to create a special creation who will CHOOSE to LOVE Him and CHOOSE to Depend on Him as CHILDREN does to their PARENTS!

Human creations who choose otherwise are REJECTED as unwanted products in God's refuse bin.

Your other questions:
Satan had chosen INDEPENDENCE from God. He wants man also to choose independence from God. However, satan didn't tell man that he would become cut-off from God (spiritual death)

What crime did Satan really commit for showing humans the secrets of the Gods?
It wasn't a secret: it was DECEPTION! 419 was done to collect the title deeds of the earth from Adam. Satan thus became the sole authority over the world while Adam lost his authority (became naked)!

Why doesn't God want us to be like them?
We were actually created in God's IMAGE! We were created as gods on the earth. Man was perfectly spiritually aware as well as perfectly physically aware. He lost his power hence his unclothedness!

However, God wanted creatures that will LOVE Him like Children NOT as people who has chosen TOTAL INDEPENDENCE from Him (just as God depends on no one for His sufficiency and existence)

Why are they scared of we becoming as wise as them?
Going by your misconception, man has already eaten of the fruit hence should already be WISE like God!

Man was prevented from eating of the tree of life because his case would have become irredeemable. With death is the possibility of REBOOT and restoration of man to his godlike state!
Re: I Have A Question That Has Been Bothering Me. by Galatians: 5:37am On Jan 09, 2021
Kestolove:
olodo u don't know wia white men came from, ur daddy just waste his money training u in skool

Christianity and Islam started in the Middle East and not owned by the Europeans.

(1) (Reply)

Demonology Lecture deleted / Why I Would NEVER Support Pastors With Private Jet - The Billy Graham Example / Mega Pastors And Mega Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.