Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,823 members, 7,902,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:29 PM

Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! (6121 Views)

Oprah Is A GRANDMA / World Must Flexible Woman Julia Guenthel Shows Things (see Photos / Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by spikedcylinder: 8:50am On Apr 04, 2011
baby-boy:

Really!!!!

I cant believe you Just said that, do you know how many times or Actors have played the role of Muhammed Ali, even Ali said "he speaks just like me" I would go as far as Will Smith executed his role in Ali better than Denzel Washington did in the Hurricane. but unfortunately for Will Smith each time he is nominated for an oscar he has come up against a very strong candidate with Forest Whittaker in his role as Idi Amin. Look Brad Pitt like Tom Cruise would never or lucky to win an Oscar because of the roles they get compared to Johnny Depp, but to say Brad Pitt is just Hollywood pretty face is a joke!!!! nobody is saying that Brad Pitt is jack Nicholson or Marlon Brando. Am sorry if your looking for an Hollywood's pretty face then you would be looking at actors like Colin Ferrell or Megan Fox.

Don't you wonder why he's always up against 'strong contenders'? What stops him from being a strong contender himself?

The rest of what you said, I really don't understand.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by babyboy3(m): 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2011
only true measurement of both talents remains giving both actresses an opportunity to feature in the same movie or play the same character in a movie.

Ha ha ha ha, I would like to see Genevieve play the role of Pretty Woman
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by iyeayo(f): 1:16am On Apr 05, 2011
baby-boy:

I can bet with you that Genevieve will do it equally well, if not better. Did you know that Julia had someone playing her double in Pretty Woman? It wasn't Julia all the time in Pretty woman, sometimes it was her double.
Have you seen the film "Emerald" by Genevieve & Majid? If you haven't please go and see it (I saw it on YouTube). You'll be amazed at the chemistry between Genevieve & Majid.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by mamagee3(f): 1:57am On Apr 05, 2011
baby-boy:

You're joking, right? grin grin
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 05, 2011
iyeayo:

I can bet with you that Genevieve will do it equally well, if not better. Did you know that Julia had someone playing her double in Pretty Woman? It wasn't Julia all the time in Pretty woman, sometimes it was her double.

the double only did the x-rated scenes, i believe, since julia roberts was rumored to have a non-nudity clause in her contract.

or so i heard.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 4:00am On Apr 05, 2011
Who in here was comparing Jide Kosoko with Gerard Butler? grin Nigerian ppl sef
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by iyeayo(f): 5:46am On Apr 05, 2011
tpiah!:

the double only did the x-rated scenes, i believe, since julia roberts was rumored to have a non-nudity clause in her contract.

or so i heard.

We are both saying the same thing. That is where I am coming from, it was not all a 100% Julia. Go and see "Emerald" or "Bursting Out" and you will see how talented Genevieve is given that she had no training, no money and no sophisticated support like Julia can have.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 05, 2011
Genevieve's acting would never appeal to a non-African audience (due to a conspiracy of nature and nurture); Julia's acting has always appealed to global audiences, hence her international super-stardom. . .why persist with the baseless comparisons? Whose fault is it that Genevieve didn't get the same kind of training and/or opportunities that Julia got? Knowing that, why perpetuate the ludicrous comparison between a local 'mamiwater' and a global goddess? I taya for Nigerians sef; even patriotism should have sensible limits.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by favouredjb(f): 6:23am On Apr 06, 2011
mama-gee:

How many threads would this short and simple line create?

We've heard it all, Genevieve is Africa's Julia Roberts.

Now, let's move on.

gbam!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by yemivictor: 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
pro01:

Genevieve's acting would never appeal to a non-African audience (due to a conspiracy of nature and nurture); Julia's acting has always appealed to global audiences, hence her international super-stardom. . .why persist with the baseless comparisons? Whose fault is it that Genevieve didn't get the same kind of training and/or opportunities that Julia got? Knowing that, why perpetuate the ludicrous comparison between a local 'mamiwater' and a global goddess? I taya for Nigerians sef; even patriotism should have sensible limits.

Gbam! Gbam!!
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 06, 2012
iyeayo: What nonsense, who is Oprah to think Genevieve should be dancing because she claims she is Nigeria's Julia Roberts?

Sorry, we have enough Julia Roberts roaming on the streets of naija already, thank you very much.

I think Julia Roberts should look up to Genevieve,

Julia Roberts is America's Genevieve Nnaji

You're delusional.

Julia has YEARS of experience on Genevieve.
There is no comparison.

This patriotic stuff continues to have many NLders stuck on stupid i see.
Re: Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! by mikron(m): 7:54am On May 07, 2012
baby.me:
Nigerians and their complex problems! So anything that is not Nigerian is better? Mmmmmm, some of you have a long road to walk before getting there
im with you. I dont know why we always want to run down our own. What we dont recognise here in nigeria oprah recognises yet we say NO. Why are we like this? GENE is as good. QED

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Osita Iheme ‘pawpaw’ Beautiful Ghanaian Girlfriend / This My Sister Hot Oo – Regina Daniels Gushes After Sister Flaunted Her Car / Miley Cyrus Caught Smoking Weed Behind The Scenes Of Wrecking Ball (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.