Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,563 members, 7,951,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:36 PM

The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. (12644 Views)

Mohammed Abacha To Buhari: You Are The Change We Don't Need. / Mohammed Abacha Blast Buhari / Mohammed Abacha Decamps To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by texazzpete(m): 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2011
Wasn't it less than a month ago that GEJ said IBB 'was his father'?

Oh, sorry. I forgot IBB was as pure as the driven snow.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by efisher(m): 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
@ beloveed and others who have not decided,
2 simple reasons why some well meaning Nigerians do not want Buhari (in pictures)

* Hope does not exist in the past, it lies in the future.
* You cannot teach an old dog new tricks.

Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by aletheia(m): 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
abbey_adet:

I have been following this thread and really i am somewhat confused here:
You are confused because you are allowing people to use emotions and noise to teleguide you. You are being deceived. Buhari is no better than Babangida or Abacha. If you doubt me read this thread

The problem is that a lot of Nigerians do not take time to read and do not remember history: so people confuse them with noise and lies.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by Sagamite(m): 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2011
texazzpete:

Wasn't it less than a month ago that GEJ said IBB 'was his father'?

Oh, sorry. I forgot IBB was as pure as the driven snow.

No mind them.

Retardeen would kiss and lick any arse for political gain. Here is a man that stood up and condemned openly.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by honeric01(m): 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2011
abbey_adet:

I have been following this thread and really i am somewhat confused here:
1. are the PDP/GEJ followers saying that GEJ is not corrupt or does not support corrupt / convicted people openly?? Bode George case is still fresh,
2. If abacha son is corrupt, why has he not been arrested and jailed by now? is it buhari that should have done this?
3. are you saying that since abacha is corrupt, buhari should not run or presidency under CPC again? if the courts declare abacha as winner, are we saying he should not respect rule of law?
4. truly guys, are you expecting anything new from a PDP government in the  next four years?
5. why are we looking for everyway possible to discredit this Buhari-Bakare ticket? could it be (which i strongly believe) tht most of you guys here are paid to do just that?
6. do u GEJ suporters have conscience at all? must you sell your future because of the money you might be getting or hope to get?
7. History is about to be re-written, you have the opportunity to be part of it. May God help us all to be wise and takethis opportunity.

Abeg help me ask them oo, they all know PDP has failed in all ramifications, all they are trying to do is draw down CPC to the level of PDP, then they can say all parties are the same, that's their gameplan, they want to make CPC look as dirty as PDP.

In CPC, Buhari is against corrupt people (Buhari against Abacha)

In PDP, Jonathan celebrates corrupt people. ( Johnathan in love with IBB, ANENIH, OBJ, FOLARIN, OGD, Bode George e.t.c)
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by kokogee: 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2011
@ the topic; I think the problem with Nigerians is the way they reason. It is highly parochial of anyone to compare GEJ that uses presidential jet to convey & welcome a convicted criminal to his office in FCT; or Ribadu thou far better(bcs he has the will to change Nigeria except for the likes of Tinubu, Obj & IBB he mingles with) than GEJ(that celebrate corruption throu his wife & his associates bcs he is 98% corrupt himself) to the great Buhari(the man that nobody has been able to link him to any corrupt act).

The issue is very clear, Buhari refused to declare Abacha the CPC flagbearer. If it were to be GEJ, he would wear 'aso ebi' just to celebrate corruption.

The truth is that since there is no specific act of Buhari that links him to corruption; PDP/GEJ and their myopic followers are resulting to the use of propaganda/blackmail. I'm wondering why a reasonable person would consider smbody corrupt bcs Abacha whom he did not endorse is a member of his party. Ppl consider him(Abacha son corrupt) and PDP gov has not been able to do anything about it all thru their reign. Even, the said recovered loot from Abacha is nowhere to be found; so what are we talking about.

To me, this is the cheapest blackmail of the century.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by proproman(m): 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2011
aletheia, you're obviously not arguing this with an open mind and there's nothing the buhari supporters will tell you that will convince you to openly admit anything other than that which you already believe. the buhari supporters have made some concessions here, you've made none. at this point, it would be better for both sides to agree to disagree and let the matter die.

nevertheless, i am really surprised at this. is mohammed abacha corrupt? most likely, yes. did buhari bring him to the cpc? no. does buhari support his candidature? no. what d'you want buhari to do, single handedly expel him from the cpc? even if he somehow manages to achieve that, what will you guys call him? a dictator and trampler of human rights, isn't it? now that he has publicly registered his displeasure at abacha's candidature, the best thing to do in this situation, you're calling him weak. what exactly do you want of him? let the matter just die, leta forget about it please.

@ Jakumo, i used to respect you a lot but your recent posts are bitterly dissappointing. please, i know you are much better than this.

peace
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2011
jason2010:

Buhari really disappointed me with this and the whole Okonji Iwuala stuff, just like Ribadu disappointed me with the alliance of Bola Tinubu despite heavily condenming him (Tinubu) in the past, then during the debate he became wishywashy and even retracted some of the allegations. I was a very loyal supporter of Buhari. It is going to be Jonathan for me.

Jason did I just read this from you?
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by wazobiann: 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2011
aletheia, if what marisa has said so far doesnt help you, why not simply admit that you are paid to tarnish Buhari's name. Same thing happenned in Katsina, Bauchi where the so-called winners of the primaries used money to get the ticket and Buhari vehimently opposed that. This is no news. These guys could use money to lure suppport for Buhari, but he refused to recognise them as he cannot admit any corrupt act even if it would save him his ambition. For God's sake what else do you want to be told about this man that refused to receive allowance from the government while acting as the PTF chairman on the grounds that his conscience would not allow him receive money from the same govt that is paying him pension? Is it not crystal clear that he is forged in the furnace of anti curruption ideology?
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by opalu: 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2011
Ozin:

Jason did I just read this from you?

I doubt if it is the real Jason.
I smell impersonation. jason2010
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by aletheia(m): 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2011
honeric01:

You are not making sense at all, even with all his public comments about Mohammad Abacha, you still dey want him to dictate to people who they should vote for? think well my bro, think.

He publicly at the Kano rally refuse to hand over the governorship flag to mOHAMMAD Abacha, telling him to go clear his name from various institution probing him here and there, is that not enough to let people know he does not want him?

O, I am thinking. Your Buhari's thinks he can play Nigerians. After allowing a known corrupt indicted criminal like Mohammed Abacha to become governorship candidate in his party: he wants to hoodwink us with the lame excuse that:
honeric01:

He publicly at the Kano rally refuse to hand over the governorship flag to mOHAMMAD Abacha, telling him to go clear his name from various institution probing him here and there, is that not enough to let people know he does not want him?

First of all, you are lying. Muhammadu Buhari did not publicly address any rally in Kano.
Also, at the emir’s palace, [size=14pt]Abacha went in with Buhari[/size] while Jafaru Isa got there late. When General Isa went there, the palace was already full but he managed to secure a place next to his political rival, Abacha, where they both perched on the ground. They didn’t exchange pleasantries despite the fact that they sat very close to each other.

Though Buhari went straight to Race Course, venue of the rally, after leaving the palace, [size=14pt]he neither came out of his vehicle nor addressed the mammoth crowd that gathered there.[/size]

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15183:buhari-in-kano-fails-to-present-guber-candidate&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

The reason Buhari is doing boju-boju with the Mohammed Abacha case is because of the fact that everyone knows that Abacha stole. But in the case of Buba Marwa: because a lot of Nigerians have forgotten he publicly endorsed him. Who is Buba Marwa? CPC's candidate in Adamawa. What did Buba Marwa do?
Here is the answer: http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/how-nigerian-ambassador-south-africa-buba-marwa-and-general-abacha-looted-nigeria

Keep deceiving yourself that Buhari will "fight" corruption. He couldn't "fight" corruption in 1984/85. He didn't "fight" corruption in PTF. He isn't "fighting" corruption in 2011. I am sure you don't know that Dr Sule Hamman, the Director-General of Buhari's campaign was accused and jailed for corruption by Buhari in 84/85. Isn't that associating with corrupt individuals?

Knowledge enlightens. Information is power---that is why corrupt leaders are afraid of the FOI bill.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by aletheia(m): 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2011
. . .and for those idiots who think that I am raising these very serious questions because I was paid; I say it only goes to show that you are the corrupt ones. Because you can be bought; you assume that everyone else can be bought.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by opalu: 5:13pm On Apr 02, 2011
We pray for GEJ to return to his EtuOke home by  May 29, 2011

Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by KDK(m): 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
@proproman, i am happy to know dat some1 with an open mind is on NL.And i love the highlights u made, if people can be open minded and less prejudiced like you, nigeria will attain greatness soonest! smiley

Neways, what I will like to point out is dat some of the roads that these anti buhari are driving on, were the ones built during Buhari's Tenure as PTF chairman, some of the benches, lecture theatres and hostels used in the universities they attended were built by him, some of them either schooled abroad or knjow one of those that are in world class schools as a result of the PTDF Scholarship ( a scheme which remains transparent till date and has afforded the child of a poor man to attend world class schools like oxford, cambridge , harvard and Yale) and finally, they forget that they have not been able to say that Buhari is currupt or embezzled money but can they say that of the GEJ?
I am from the south south  plus a fanatical christian and will be happy for a fellow south south & christian to seat as president but I will not have a better option and still put my selfish  interest in front. Nigeria needs the BB team to sanitise us. It is the way fwd but all in all, God knows best.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by arogbowei: 5:19pm On Apr 02, 2011
For a fact, Buhari followers knows fully well that he is not better than the rest when it comes to his stance on anti corruption. We know that Buhari is also corrupt, or how would you describe a ruler who closed banks that has the statutory function to sell forex, claiming inefficiency, but could hand such sensitive business over to his brothers Aboki from the north in the black market? We are still searching for the missing suitcases containing hard currency?

Where is the justness in a man who will set a man (Shagari), head of government free simply because they are from the same place, but will detain his deputy (Alex Ekwueme) over crime that Ale Ekwueme was innocent? Yet other very corrupt individuals like Umaru Dikko were roving the streets of Europe and Saudi free. Where is the incorruptibility in a man who only recently openly endorsed the late dictator Sanni Abacha whom all of us know is corrupt as incorrupt? Buhari has a moral burden, he is stained, in fact his garments are reeking in corruption.

The blind ones may be fooled, but not those of us who are wise.

Buhari has no moral right to pontificate on corruption, neither does he have the moral right to preach democracy. The same man truncated democracy in 1983 and unleashed series of unpopular regimes on us thereby truncating our growth, development and the deepening of the roots of democracy. What are we talking about, he should just go.

He should leave us alone, the people we have on ground have not come out openly to endorse corrupt individuals like Abacha, neither are they tribalistic in their view or action.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by opalu: 5:19pm On Apr 02, 2011
aletheia:

. . .and for those idiots who think that I am raising these very serious questions because I was paid; I say it only goes to show that you are the corrupt ones. Because you can be bought; you assume that everyone else can be bought.

MUST YOU INSULT YOUR FELLOW NAIRALANDER TO PROVE THE POINT THAT YOUR ILL-GOTTEN SOURCE OF INCOME IS NOT SECURED UNDER AN IRON-HANDED NATIONAL CLEANSER LIKE BUHARI?
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by abbeyadet: 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2011
The thread is about Sani Abacha. i thought  we were discussing Buhari-Bakare Issue here?
and i didnt mean confused about what to do in my context, what i meant was i was confused about the points GEJ guys were trying to prove. CPC has Abacha son a beneficiary of his father's corruption  as a gubernatorial candidate, does that imply  tha buhari-bakare should decamp CPC? If he has openly distanced himself from him, must he now tell his supporters not to vote for CPC in Abacha' state and vote PDP
is this no longer a democracy?
do the want him to start removing or dealing with  corrupt past leaders when he does not have any power whatsoever to do that?
Me thinks we can his character should be tested when he is in positon to deal with issues and HE DID NOT. Not when he is still canvssing for votes.
to a great extent this buhari-bakare mission has displayed good money management practices, they held rallies in the 6 geo political zones and not in all states to make optimal use of resources and not waste money. they have enlisted volunteers to assist them campaign in whatever capacity thye hve got, they made a good use of the internet which helps them to spread the message with minimal resources, i watched nigerians news every night (mostly NTA, Channels and STV), i discovered that their adverts justb started running this week, yet the have successfully impacted the country with their campaign yet with minimal resource. Unlike the PDP,
I am into consulting and media, do you know how much it takes to air a commercial on the major news in a day and fill full pages of newspapers everyday?? where are all these politicians (especially PDP) getting all the money from? from the government coffers i strongly believe hence it has to be spent.
In my humble opinion, Thi BB ticket and campaign group has proven to m that we sense and sincerity, we can achieve greatness with the  resources we have got hre in thecountry  for good governanc and impact on people's lives.
come to think o it, i have been observing the rallies of most of the parties, have you not  noticed  that people who come to CPC gtherings come in throngs ad withn some sort of passon? t this is a contras to PDP presidential rllies which are much of hired peoplebased on what hapens afeter the rallies. PEOPLE WANT A CHANGE!
I pent about 3 hours at the polling booth today aiting for accrediation and i could hear the vexations and discusion of people, the seem to be passionately angry and unhappy at th PDP goovernment!!!
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by LADEMINUS: 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2011
cant stop laughing, does anyone notice d new feverish anti BB campaign on NL. Seun has been threatened and bought.

Now d facts
i will nt even go into abachas saga. its sad dat gej paid cronies cant bring up any direct corruption against BB. So they resort to cut nd join. BUHARI PUBLICLY DENOUNCED MO ABACH AND SHUNNED HIS OWN RALLY COS ABACHA WAS THERE. GEJ PARTIED AND RALLIED WITH BODE GEORGE, TESLIM FOLARIN,OMISORE AND OTHER THIEVESAND MURDERERS BOTH ALLEGED AND CONVICTED. IN THE FACE OF A CHOICE I CHOOSE D LESSER EVIL
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by wazobiann: 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2011
aletheia, since you've just proven to me that you are the most uncivilized person here by your insults, can you point at any landed property owned by Buhari in Abuja? Yes he has bribed us as you have said, not with any material wealth but with his attitude against corruption. And ingrates like you know that this is the bane of our national development. I am from the south east and  I can bet you that for those of us who have shelved our sentiments, we have not seen any credible ticket other than Buhari/Bakare.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by efisher(m): 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2011
proproman:

nevertheless, i am really surprised at this. is mohammed abacha corrupt? most likely, yes. did buhari bring him to the cpc? no. does buhari support his candidature? no. what d'you want buhari to do, single handedly expel him from the cpc? even if he somehow manages to achieve that, what will you guys call him? a dictator and trampler of human rights, isn't it? now that he has publicly registered his displeasure at abacha's candidature, the best thing to do in this situation, you're calling him weak. what exactly do you want of him? let the matter just die, leta forget about it please.

Proproman, You have made some points here I would like to explore further. Those points highlight the fact that Buhari is not a superhero as people have tried to suggest. During his regime, he was able to achieve all he achieved by intimidation and by the koboko. As you have rightly pointed out, that strategy cannot work for him in a democratic setting! What then does he have to offer if his major tool of governance cannot function in today's Nigeria?

I respect Buhari as one of our those who has contributed to the building of our nation one way or the other. But that is as far as it goes. He should remain in the background and not at the fore front. We need a president who has the strength and skills necessary to pilot the affairs of the nation as it is today. Nigeria is about to enter into an era of economic and technological explosion, enough to set us amongst the world's leading economies. The world is waiting for Nigeria to break into the limelight and we need a president that can safely spearhead that effort. A look at the other aspirants will reveal that they have more to offer Nigeria as far as the key issues are concerned.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by wikitruth: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
I know it is very difficult for some Nigerian to believe that someone that has been in govt is not corrupt but Buhari (and few others Nigerians also) have demostarted that this is very possible. The Abacha's son case has been explained over and over again, even in the recent channels tv interview,Buhari revealed that he does not support Abacha's son but what can Buhari so if court gave order that he is the CPC candidate in Kano.

I know if this Abcha's son is in PDP or ACN, he would have been a member of trustee, main campaign financier and a godfather but NOT so in CPC. Buhari is a man of integrity. This will not in any way impact will this have on CPC 's anti-coruption fight after May29 because we will be working to remove immunity clause and prosecute any corrupt official. BB2011 IS IT!!!!
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by darknouiui: 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by wazobiann: 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2011
we should remember that this is democracy and buhari has no other tool at his disposal than the the 1999 constitution of which he is applying to handle issues like appealing the court's rulling aginst mohammed abacha. is the soldier man more democratic than you pure civilians? beaf, own up and tell us which category you belong to in soyinka's 4
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by LADEMINUS: 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2011
cant stop laughing, does anyone notice d new feverish anti BB campaign on NL. Seun has been threatened and bought.

Now d facts
i will nt even go into abachas saga. its sad dat gej paid cronies cant bring up any direct corruption against BB. So they resort to cut nd join. BUHARI PUBLICLY DENOUNCED MO ABACH AND SHUNNED HIS OWN RALLY COS ABACHA WAS THERE. GEJ PARTIED AND RALLIED WITH BODE GEORGE, TESLIM FOLARIN,OMISORE AND OTHER THIEVESAND MURDERERS BOTH ALLEGED AND CONVICTED. IN THE FACE OF A CHOICE I CHOOSE D LESSER EVIL
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by wazobiann: 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2011
wikitruth, don't mind them, mohammed abacha was originally in pdp. he merely left at the tail end when. never expelled
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by ziccoit: 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2011
I sometimes wonder why the PDP/GEJ supporters always come out to smear the image  of gentlemen in BB? In their frantic efforts to make truth the lies, many of them throw caution into the winds and results to self denials in the face of plain truths.

When you hold on to a lie tenaciously in the face of a proven truth in contrary to the lie you hold tightly to your chest and yet you fail to shift ground you are a pathological liar that would grow up to be a failure to this country.

Change your way guys!
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by scorpion1: 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
@OP,

I am indeed surprised at your post as regards this Mohammed Abacha's issue. I am well aware that this case is in court as instituted by MB. Now you hold the man responsible for not expelling the Mohammed Abacha and the man MB says he is towing the line of justice and rule of law and you still blame him for that, human beings na wa o. If he hadnt taken any steps as regards Mohammed Abacha or he came publicly and endorsed Mohammed Abacha, then i think  you will make some sense to me.

So because Abacha is seen as being a corrupt CPC member then he should expel him, which implies that Mohammed Buhari should go about everyday looking for corrupt CPC memebers nationwide to expel abi? so we would abuse him and say he does not having work to do.

Please lets try and be objective here, CPC is greater than one person and its better to follow the rule of law at all times irrespective of our personal lineages. I am not endorsing the fact that Mohammed has forced himself as a member of CPC, but it makes more sense to give everyone a sense of fair judgement.

Let it be noted here, its not Buhari's work to expel corrupt members of CPC, it must be the work of the disciplinary committee of the party.

I rest my case here.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by maclatunji: 5:57pm On Apr 02, 2011
Forget them. Instead of focusing on why we should vote for them, they are telling us why we should not vote for Buhari (when we have more than enough reasons to vote for him). Keep promoting his name, the man does not have money to campaign and you are doing the campaign for him without realizing it.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by honeric01(m): 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2011
@aletheia
 I have tried to reason with you like a perfect gentleman, but i can see that you shouldn't be addressed that way, can't keep wasting my time dealing with you. you claimed Buba Marwa is corrupt, has anyone probed him? was he taken to court? tell me why Marwa should not be associated with.

Anyways, i don't have to respond to you again because you obviously do not want to know the truth, rather you are like a bot who has been programmed to draw down others to the level of those in PDP you worship.

The funniest thing is that you guys aren't debunking the corruption perpetuated by PDP, but what you guys are doing is to try to make others look dirty like PDP cronies.
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by SSaemoenl(m): 6:02pm On Apr 02, 2011
And then? embarassed

Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by agabaI23(m): 6:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
I am so disappointed that people will see valid arguments and will turn a n blind eye to it choosing to twist the points raised

@OP Such a nice job. Learnt new things. I never knew he jailed his campaign manager for corruption in 1985 but I have never taken his saintly stance serious.
All the BB guys were slating the PDP for associating with Bode George but saint Buhari has an ex-convict as his campaign manager. Someone he jailed for corruption. Haba Buhari!
I have been harping on  the same issue. Why did they allow Abacha to contest if they will not allow him to win?

25 billion stolen under him the same way people stole under OBJ and yet his boys cannot see anything wrong in that while they choose to slate OBJ.
If he could not stop such a monumental corruption in small position, how can he stop it in Nigeria? Approximately 14% was stolen.
I think we need to be objective in the face of passion. Lack of objectivity is not gonna help anyone.

The bottom line is that all of the aspirants are corrupt and associate with corrupt people, therefore we need someone with vision. Buhari has not got it.
Vote GEJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Curious Incident Of Mohammed Abacha: The Limits Of Mythomania. by aletheia(m): 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
The mass hysteria and exaggeration of General Buhari's anti-corruption by the BB (Buhari deceiving Bakare) crowd continues.

Mythomania: n. A compulsion to embroider the truth, engage in exaggeration, or tell lies.

Since the more ardent of Muhammadu Buhari's supporters (some of whom are close friends) have tried to convince me that his unique selling point is his incorruptibility, then it behooves me to carefully consider if that is indeed the case in an objective way.

In order to understand the gravity of Mohammed Abacha's running for governor of Kano State on the CPC platform and the damage it does to General Buhari's credibilty as a paragon of anti-corruption, we need to consider the evidence of history and see how General Buhari's (and CPC's) handling of Mohammed Abacha candidacy is at odds with Buhari's claim to incorruptibilty. [size=14pt]Actions speak louder than words.[/size] The evidence against Mohammed Abacha has been in the public domain, so Buhari and CPC have no excuse to claim that they did not know what sort of man Mohammed Abacha is before accepting him in the party.

"In addition to freezing about USD 640 million, the Swiss judicial authorities handling the case have also indicted Mohammed Abacha and Atiku Bagudu under Swiss legislation concerning money-laundering, fraud and taking part in a criminal organisation"

[see page 2 of the following link: http://www.assetrecovery.org/kc/resources/org.apache.wicket.Application/repo?nid=78488349-a33e-11dc-bf1b-335d0754ba85].

"In the context of those proceedings, the Federal Republic of Nigeria was able to demonstrate that Mohammed ABACHA had failed to disclose his assets in Switzerland and in Luxembourg, which exceeded 1.1 billion US$. This lack of disclosure had, however, no direct effect on the proceedings (although of course it dented Mohammed ABACHA’s credibility as a witness). In July 2001, separate proceedings were commenced before the High Court of Justice of London, relating to the embezzlement of 2 billion US$ from the Central Bank of Nigeria under false security pretences [see page 4 of the document at the following link: www.icc-ccs.org/home/fraudnet/publications/finish/5/46].

It is my opinion that this laxity with respect to Mohammed Abacha [size=14pt]demonstrates a consistent pattern of behaviour on the part of General Buhari.[/size] It is my thesis that he may be perceived as not being personally corrupt but [size=14pt]he often turns a blind eye to corruption of close associates.[/size]

In a bid to sell their candidate: the BB (Buhari deceiving Bakare) crowd have blown way out of proportion, the supposed anti-corruption credentials of General Buhari.

1) The worst years of Nigeria as a nation (bar the civil war) were the Abacha years

2) If Sani Abacha was alive today: the BB (Buhari deceiving Bakare) crowd no doubt will be telling us he is not corrupt
a) because no Nigerian court has indicted him for corruption and
b) because he jailed some failed Banks directors.

3) The crux of the matter which the BB (Buhari deceiving Bakare) crowd misses in their collective mass hysteria is the window afforded us into the psychological profile of General Buhari by the fact that:
a) He declared Sani Abacha not to be corrupt. This implies he approved of Sani Abacha's methods:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/416099_leadership_PNGb0e98cc2cd5a3a36bce72dc553ac3bd1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/416100_leadership2_PNG54509d713e5dbe1cf37edc0fce7b69bc

b) That approbation is apparent in his continued association with known associates of Sani Abacha's corrupt plundering of Nigeria like Mohammed Abacha & Buba Marwa; both known governorship candidates of his party

4) The deceitful triumvir of Buhari, Babangida and Abacha are coup-plotters who should be shot for treason. These three comrade-in-arms have 3 things in common:
a) Coup plotters
b) Corruption
c) Vain attempts to "transform themselves into democratic elected presidents".

That they are companions in arms is evident by the exoneration of the late Abacha of his crimes against the Nigerian people by Buhari and Babangida in June 2008.

Words are words. But Actions speak louder than words. Birds of a feather flock together and wise men say "show me your friends, and I will tell you who you are".

A vote for Buhari is a vote for Abacha. Do not be deceived by the hoopla.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kwankwaso, Ganduje Set To Hold Parallel Rally In Kano / FG Should Focus On Flag Carriers, Not National Airline, Says Allen Onyema / A Picture Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At The World Bank Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.