Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,671 members, 7,878,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1695783 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by starboy2016: 2:10am On Mar 08, 2022
Guys please I want to ask a question,My admission is for fall 2022 but with the way interview dates are hard to get ,I want to ask the procedure in using to book for emergency date !!! I really need your response in the house
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 3:08am On Mar 08, 2022
Beelkiz:
Hello everyone,
I applied for an EA last two weeks Wednesday. I uploaded my Admission letter, sevis fee and I20. I didn't get any email of acknowledgement, denial or acceptance.

I checked my portal today and I realised that the status of my previous (first) appointment was changed to cancelled. Abeg which way��� laik this.

I am sure your EA has been approved, the mail for rescheduling will still come in, it happens to people last year too, and the outcome came positive.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by freezy4me: 3:33am On Mar 08, 2022
Themaths:

Please, I have a friend who is interested. Thank you.

CECSW22
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Motiqueen: 5:30am On Mar 08, 2022
Hi Jboss, did you pay the $75 application fee or you got a waiver?
Jboss37:

You are right brother. Most of these agents are scammers and the genuine ones among them will use you to make money. Also they won't put their best to work for you especially helping you to get Assistantship with full tuition waiver. Hopefuls, nairaland taught me most of I know today. Calm down, take days to read through previous thread and part. This MSc in US requires you do it yourself. Having a high CGPA is good, but if you have 2.2 you can still get Admission. Ignore those discouraging you. I GOT ADMITTED TO VIRGINIA TECH WITH FULL FUNDING AND MONTHLY STIPEND. I DIDN'T WRITE ANY STANDARDIZED TEST AND I GRADUATED WITH 2.2. FIRE YOUR SHOT, but make your application strong through good CV and SOP. I uploaded samples of academic CV for those interested.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beelkiz(f): 6:40am On Mar 08, 2022
Babnxst93:
When is your resumption
April 29
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 08, 2022
Erudite77:
Good day everyone.

Please is there anyone who applied to Arts/Humanities on this forum? I've been seeing people in STEM.

Is it that Arts students are absent here?

Please anyone who is into language or Communication should signify.

Thank you.

A lot of people consider post graduation plans that is why the are aligned with STEM.

Also the US is innovation driven, and leans more to STEM courses. The OPT extension helps too as not everyone will get H1-B at first trial. Companies prefer students with OPT extension due to risk of investing in an employee and losing them.

So many other reasons. That's why you rarely see Africans or immigrants doing french, communication arts in the US. There are courses that are STEM approved but humanities-based sort of. I think I saw psychology, counselling etc in the official STEM approved courses by the US government. Check online and plan very well. Else if you plan to stay long in the US, you would be under pressure.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 7:28am On Mar 08, 2022
freezy4me:

CECSW22
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macuwon(m): 7:59am On Mar 08, 2022
ObodoNaija:

If you can get a recent one for the interview please do.

Please as for the SOA for my sponsor, what's the length? 6 months or 1yr?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Progress100: 9:02am On Mar 08, 2022
Themaths:

I'm sorry for the delay, but tell your friend it's not about his stutter. I stutter too, and it gets pretty bad when I'm tensed. During my interview, before I started, I wrote on a piece of paper boldly "I STUTTER" and showed the lady, she smiled and said alright. Gave me enough time to say everything I had to say.

(S)he should apply again. Goodluck.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jermer25: 12:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
I just got into that program too. Please I have many questions to ask you. How can I reach you please?
solihp:

Congrats and welcome to the program I just graduated from grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Danielsoncollin(m): 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
Please any recommendations for undergraduate applicant for schools in US?
Please what schools give the best SCHOLARSHIPS?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jboss37: 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
Motiqueen:
Hi Jboss, did you pay the $75 application fee or you got a waiver?

My application fee was waived by my department courtesy of my Supervisor. Message your Program Graduate Director to ask for application fee waiver. He/she will brief you the modality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuel2693(m): 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
Please, is there any Ohio University prospective student here awaiting admission decision for fall 2022?

It's taking damn too long.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aremu01(m): 3:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
I greet you all

Can someone advise?
I have an admission for Masters of Engineering with in state tuition so I still have about 40k usd deficit cos I am going with my family.
I have been a freelance writer for more than 6 years but obviously I can't tell the VO that.
I have been able to gather some properties over the years land and houses.

Here are my questions
Will filling technical writer and real estate suffice for the VO as my past role and source of fund?
I obviously have a way to connect this with my home ties.
Kindly advise
Thanks house
Cc
Walspring
Lagosismyhome
Twoods
Friedpotato
Pedestran
Geewin
Farheart
Tesla
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Progress100: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
Is it possible to reapply for F1visa 1month after denial?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by twoangel: 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
Please from those who have done WES evaluation, how many days did WES take to complete their evaluation. Since last week Monday they received my document but they have not sent me a message.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ledesba07(m): 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
TheSociopath:

MTSU here

Great! Let's link up!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sammieson008: 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
Aremu01:
I greet you all

Can someone advise?
I have an admission for Masters of Engineering with in state tuition so I still have about 40k usd deficit cos I am going with my family.
I have been a freelance writer for more than 6 years but obviously I can't tell the VO that.
I have been able to gather some properties over the years land and houses.

Here are my questions
Will filling technical writer and real estate suffice for the VO as my past role and source of fund?
I obviously have a way to connect this with my home ties.
Kindly advise
Thanks house
Cc
Walspring
Lagosismyhome
Twoods
Friedpotato
Pedestran
Geewin
Farheart
Tesla

Since you already have a way connecting both, in my opinion you are good to go. However, POF must be liquid I mean something that can be converted to cash immediately.
Filling technical writing as your role is fine as long as you can connect the two and have home tie.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sammieson008: 5:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
Progress100:
Here’s my friend’s transcript.

Interview held today at Abuja.
Visa Delayed. (He’d like to know the possible reasons for his delay)

I was supposed to be next to a woman who was giving people white paper. When it was my turn she asked me to wait and let the person behind me jump and she asked me to wait for the lady refusing people.

Vo: Good morning

Me: Good Morning Ma

Vo: asked me to pass my i20 and asked me to thumbprint. While taking the thumbprint I told her I stutter. She said ok.

Vo: You are going to Jacksonville University for MBA BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.

ME: yes, I'll be going to JU to study Master's in business administration in healthcare management.

Vo: What do you do?

Me: I currently work as a human resources manager at XXXX

Vo: I see you have a master's degree in Cyprus.

Me: Yes, I had a master's degree in Innovation and knowledge management at xxxx

Vo: why this course?

Me: Out of passion and I’d like to continue my career path in the healthcare sector. While working as an HR manager at my current job. I discovered there are a lot of opportunities to explore the healthcare sector in my state and Nigeria at large and nobody is taking advantage of it. Some of the opportunities are Health insurance, Healthcare Marketing, Healthcare tech but I'll be focusing on Health Administrative which is about administrative efficiency, legal compliance, work environment, procedural flow, financial processes, healthcare innovation, and development. *( but I was stuttering). It's a stigma from birth *tears* but VO was nodding to be Interested. she was typing on the computer

Vo: cut in *( I was stuttering for seconds with a big gap to recover*

Me: I'm sorry ( feeling embarrassed )* I loss the momentum.

Vo: what will you be doing with your course.

Me: I was confused ( I felt I just explained about the course and what ill be focusing on.

So, I said I'll be coming back to Nigeria diving into the opportunities in the healthcare sector, and ill like to work in the Nigeria Institute of health. I was explaining still talking *( but stuttering )*

Vo: cut in. Looking at me and gave me the blue slip.

Me: what happened?

Vo: it's written in the letter.

Me: I said because of stuttering disability? She kept looking into my eyes and said pick your passport.

I couldn't comprehend the horrible experience. It was like when I had my first heartbreak.

I found an elderly man that came to me with his wife to hug me and said don't give up. He's a USA citizen

Wow so sorry about this.
But if I may ask was your friend given scholarship? Or what percentage of scholarship was s(he) given.

I think confidence is the key
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
The University of Alabama and University of Florida, Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Progress100: 5:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
Sammieson008:

Wow so sorry about this.
But if I may ask was your friend given scholarship? Or what percentage of scholarship was s(he) given.

I think confidence is the key

No scholarship, no funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nwobini1308: 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hello house,

Please I need advise,

I have a start date of June 6th, 2022 for a J1 research scholar category. I got appointment today for 28th of October, 2022. I am applying for expedited appointment and I do not know if I should do it immediately or when I enter the 60days duration.

Please anyone with simiular experience can advise me.

Thanks for your kind words
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 6:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
You will get a decision before the month end
bukhety:
The University of Alabama and University of Florida, Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Avivian030: 6:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
jermer25:
Expect it around April or May

Tnks. Is this for ASOR or MAIN??

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Observer25 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.