Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,821 members, 7,876,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1693618 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chilexeve: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
[quote author=Chilexeve post=113423181]Please I need someone's opinion on this.

Five of my siblings are in the USA. One of them is presently an assistant professor in the school I'm going to for my MA. In fact, she lectures in the same department I'm going for and she's the graduate coordinator. I have funding (graduate assistantship). I am married with kids and I won't be going with them.

These are my concerns:

1. How to prove to the VO that I will return upon graduation, considering the fact that I have siblings who didn't return upon their graduations. They are working.

2. How to answer the questions about how I got to know the school, the course, and how I was able to get the funding. I suspect they will feel my sis helped me.

Please someone should help me.
Please ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
[quote author=Chilexeve post=113433957][/quote]

I would focus on your ties, family etc in Nigeria. If they bring up your siblings note that you are not them. But if they all went as students and stayed, you have challenge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myfavour22: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nxxxx:
Hello everyone, please is there anyone here going to the USA on a J1 visa please ?
What do you need to know?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chilexeve: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
Shannon70:

I would focus on your ties, family etc in Nigeria. If they bring up your siblings note that you are not them. But if they all went as students and stayed, you have challenge.

They all went as students, thereafter got jobs.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chilexeve: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
Shannon70:

They all went as students, thereafter got jobs. I don enter be Dat oo.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OyeGahl: 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
Myfavour22:

What do you need to know?
Please do you know if there are slots for Emergency Appointment in Lagos or Abuja Embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hayesconcept(m): 3:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
The probability that you too want to Japa is nearly 100%. Pray that VO is magnanimous enough to grant you visa. You may not be ask questions concerning your siblings. Ire oo
Chilexeve:

They all went as students, thereafter got jobs. I don enter be Dat oo.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
greetings keep up the good job bro.
I believe Yankee is doing you goo.

fairheart:
Still useful!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 3:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
yes, you can go with an account statement that is 6months from the interview date.

fabdozie:
Please house, can I print an account statement like 3 weeks or a month prior to my interview. The funds are available in the account now, I may not have this much in the account in 3 weeks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myfavour22: 3:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
OyeGahl:

Please do you know if there are slots for Emergency Appointment in Lagos or Abuja Embassy
No idea
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 3:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
it is what it is.
say it as it is they would find out anyways as long as you mentioned them in your form.
are you the last born? e get why I ask .
Chilexeve:
Please I need someone's opinion on this.

Five of my siblings are in the USA. One of them is presently an assistant professor in the school I'm going to for my MA. In fact, she lectures in the same department I'm going for and she's the graduate coordinator. I have funding (graduate assistantship). I am married with kids and I won't be going with them.

These are my concerns:

1. How to prove to the VO that I will return upon graduation, considering the fact that I have siblings who didn't return upon their graduations. They are working.

2. How to answer the questions about how I got to know the school, the course, and how I was able to get the funding. I suspect they will feel my sis helped me.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
try the google wiki page it is a very good resource trust me.

lexrichy:
Please can someone help me with correct website of Ohio state university and Oklahoma University

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 4:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
chibertha:
try the google wiki page it is a very good resource trust me.

Hello,

I was unable to secure funding for a PhD program and a Professor is asking me to defer my admission to another term yet I’m still not guaranteed funding. Should I defer? Or apply to other schools/program? I’m not interested in Mpower loans although I was approved for it and I’m also not interested in paying out of pocket for a PhD. I’m currently serving and should pass out September this year if that counts.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cleod: 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
Transcript
Visa approved , Abuja Embassy, Windows 8 ( the. bald guy)
No funding , deficit 24, 789
Sponsor : Employer
Interview was less than 2 minutes . Got in by 8am.
I could not escape the bald guy cos we were literally facing each other when he signaled to me to come.( I said a silent prayer Jehovah please help me) lol.
VO. Good morning pass me your 1-20 and your passport.
Me .. Good morning..did as requested.
VO...Have you travelled before?
Me... I have not had a reason to , my job is quite demanding.
VO...What will the MBA do for you
Me... I intend to attain a top management position in my company. There was an opportunity for the position of the CEO of one of our subsidiaries, i was not selected because i i do not have an MBA which is a requirement. ( Could feel the tension of my voice)
VO what do you do for the company.
Me.. I am an internal audit manager supporting seven subsidiaries, i plan to return to resume as a top manager and work for them minimum of four years.
He did not ask of the school neither did he ask to see my bank statement.
VO.. Everything looks good...... passed the white paper .
The rest i did not hear but tried to pay attention.
My take. Fill your Ds 160 in detail.
I had to withdraw mine on Monday , reviewed and updated a lot of things especially my work history. He was looking at the system when he asked the questions.
Prepare , do mocks , understand what to say but dont memorize
Dont underestimate the power of prayer.
Thanks to all the group members, i have really benefited from you all. Thanks to Moshkom, Titan kept telling me not to be scared. My USD partner i am waiting to hear
Your approval, thank so you much for the mock, You guys rock.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nozino:

Hello,

I was unable to secure funding for a PhD program and a Professor is asking me to defer my admission to another term yet I’m still not guaranteed funding. Should I defer? Or apply to other schools/program? I’m not interested in Mpower loans other I was approved for it and I’m also not interested in paying out of pocket for a PhD. I’m currently serving and should pass out September this year if that counts.

If a school is not ready to fund you for a PhD program please look away (except you are the one that didn't do everything you need to do for that funding) . Apply to other schools and do everything you need to do to get funding. Funding a program is not just about submitting application. Do your own part as well. A lot of heads are fighting for that funding so be intentional about your application. Cross all T's and dot all I's

Best of luck

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tom2022: 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
UmmZayd:

If a school is not ready to fund you for a PhD program please look away (except you are the one that didn't do everything you need to do for that funding) . Apply to other schools and do everything you need to do to get funding. Funding a program is not just about submitting application. Do your own part as well. A lot of heads are fighting for that funding so be intentional about your application. Cross all T's and dot all I's

Best of luck

I did all I was suppose to do. Graduate coordinator kept saying UCF is a big school and competition is fierce. I was advised to resume and that funding may be available in the second year.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
cleod:
Transcript
Visa approved , Abuja Embassy, Windows 8 ( the. bald guy)
No funding , deficit 24, 789
Sponsor : Employer
Interview was less than 2 minutes . Got in by 8am.
I could not escape the bald guy cos we were literally facing each other when he signaled to me to come.( I said a silent prayer Jehovah please help me) lol.
VO. Good morning pass me your 1-20 and your passport.
Me .. Good morning..did as requested.
VO...Have you travelled before?
Me... I have not had a reason to , my job is quite demanding.
VO...What will the MBA do for you
Me... I intend to attain a top management position in my company. There was an opportunity for the position of the CEO of one of our subsidiaries, i was not selected because i i do not have an MBA which is a requirement. ( Could feel the tension of my voice)
VO what do you do for the company.
Me.. I am an internal audit manager supporting seven subsidiaries, i plan to return to resume as a top manager and work for them minimum of four years.
He did not ask of the school neither did he ask to see my bank statement.
VO.. Everything looks good...... passed the white paper .
The rest i did not hear but tried to pay attention.
My take. Fill your Ds 160 in detail.
I had to withdraw mine on Monday , reviewed and updated a lot of things especially my work history. He was looking at the system when he asked the questions.
Prepare , do mocks , understand what to say but dont memorize
Dont underestimate the power of prayer.
Thanks to all the group members, i have really benefited from you all. Thanks to Moshkom, Titan kept telling me not to be scared. My USD partner i am waiting to hear
Your approval, thank so you much for the mock, You guys rock.

Congratulations once again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ananne: 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
Good day guys.

Please can anyone help with the list of schools offering a masters degree in transportation planning and management in the US.

I have searched but found just two schools..

I need more to be able to have options.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
why not widen your search if that makes sense.
mentioning the course might help the house give you pointers.'

Nozino:

Hello,

I was unable to secure funding for a PhD program and a Professor is asking me to defer my admission to another term yet I’m still not guaranteed funding. Should I defer? Or apply to other schools/program? I’m not interested in Mpower loans although I was approved for it and I’m also not interested in paying out of pocket for a PhD. I’m currently serving and should pass out September this year if that counts.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
chibertha:
why not widen your search if that makes sense.
mentioning the course might help the house give you pointers.'

Ok.

The first school is Florida A and M university which was a backup plan. PhD Industrial Engineering

Second and first choose is University of Central Florida, PhD Industrial Engineering.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
www.google transportation management in the USA.com

ananne:
Good day guys.

Please can anyone help with the list of schools offering a masters degree in transportation planning and management in the US.

I have searched but found just two schools..

I need more to be able to have options.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
brymorla:
please share your email

Dm me tru my profile here okay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
Viv23456:
I have sent a mail to you. Can u add me to a WhatsApp group for lagos appointment date thanks quote author=Ijchichi5190 post=113296154]

There is WhatsApp group for New Haven fall 2022,if you have not joined ,email me let me add you

Done right

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chilexeve: 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
chibertha:
it is what it is.
say it as it is they would find out anyways as long as you mentioned them in your form.
are you the last born? e get why I ask .

Thanks for your response. I am not the last born. I have two younger ones. My immediate younger brother is in the US. It's just me and our last that are in Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2022
ok then next question is this your first time meeting with VOs ?
if no did you mention them in your previous applications?
If yes then the choice is yours whether to mention them or not.

Whatever decision you take have in mind that you have very strong ties in the USA and hence are considered a very big potential migrant.

Trying to prove that you have stronger ties in NIGERIA is what you should work on if you decide to mention them.

Chilexeve:

Thanks for your response. I am not the last born. I have two younger ones. My immediate younger brother is in the US. It's just me and our last that are in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeonBaba: 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2022
I think you can learn from your immediate younger brother. How did his visa interview go? Was he asked about his older brothers who were in the US at the time he applied? What did he say? Since everyone went to study and you also intend to go for study, you can learn from your other siblings' experiences.

Chilexeve:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nneuba26: 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
Hi guys,
Please I have a question. My visa appointment date is March 6 2023. My class resumption date is 29 August 2022. However, it is clearly stated on my I-20 that international students are expected to be in the US well before the 15 of August 2022 to attend the orientation excercise.
I have to apply for expedited interview 60days to my rezumption date. Please which date do I use to calculate this? My class resumption date (29 Aug 2022) of my orientation date (15 Aug 2022)?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
orientation

nneuba26:
Hi guys,
Please I have a question. My visa appointment date is March 6 2023. My class resumption date is 29 August 2022. However, it is clearly stated on my I-20 that international students are expected to be in the US well before the 15 of August 2022 to attend the orientation excercise.
I have to apply for expedited interview 60days to my rezumption date. Please which date do I use to calculate this? My class resumption date (29 Aug 2022) of my orientation date (15 Aug 2022)?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chilexeve: 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2022
LeonBaba:
I think you can learn from your immediate younger brother. How did his visa interview go? Was he asked about his older brothers who were in the US at the time he applied? What did he say? Since everyone went to study and you also intend to go for study, you can learn from your other siblings' experiences.

My younger brother left years ago. In fact, each of them left immediately after their NYSC. They were very young and didn't have much home ties in Nigeria as at then. They are all married now and have their families over there.

As for me, I have my husband, kids, job, business, investments here in Nigeria, which I consider to be enough home ties.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2022
Chilexeve:
Please I need someone's opinion on this.

These are my concerns:

It might actually not be a bad thing that your siblings all finished their educations before moving on to other stuff. What you might have been worried about is if they all quit school and got married.
Your sister being a lecturer is a plus for you. About why you chose the school, just say that she sends you some of her materials and works and you are eager to research with her.
(You should probably read some of her works also, if you haven't. You might be asked about it.)

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.