Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,774 members, 7,875,931 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:50 AM

COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria (16825 Views)

COVID-19 Update For January 9 2022 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For February 9 2021 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Tsolutionifede(m): 8:11am On Jan 10, 2021
unscripted:
I am in isolation now .. After contact with a confirmed case .. bro be careful ... don't join in those silly postulations
you have malaria, the covid19 patients that I know will not be typing or even have time for phone. Go home and treat malaria+ typhoid, and u will be fine
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Godszilla: 8:13am On Jan 10, 2021
I guess you have said it all dude, the virus is in truth wide spread here (forget the testing jor). What can't be disputed at the moment is that the disease is not as deadly to us like over there in a fact.

I keep hearing people say we abide by the rules even if we try we can't abide more than the brits and look at their current death number over 80k. And we no 9ja don't folo d rules here and we still not dying in droves.

What's we shud be studying now is y it's so less severe here,u need to understand a problem to solve it. People 4get dat till dis day malaria is extremely deadly to d whites. What is making us survive dis disease n y not dis daily fear mongering and hysteria.

Covid is real stay safe but stop spreading fear - it kill too
Verance:

Agreed, if covid-19 exists here, the number of persons that have contracted the disease must be way way higher that the number of daily testings conducted and positive cases reported. If this is the case, it means many Nigerians had or now have covid-19 unbeknownst to them. The big question is, if such is the case, why aren't people getting sick simultaneously around the country? Why aren't people dieing randomly and mysteriously from the "deadly" disease?

My submission is that if covid-19 is real in this country, then a large percentage of Nigerians have contracted this virus (far far more than the near 100k reported) and the fact that there has not been a wave of sickness or hospitalisation in Nigeria proves that covid-19 is not a problem to us. Consider the fact that Nigerians do not follow prevention protocols at all (wearing of facemasks is like closing only one out of 50 doors open to the virulent virus) compared to a country like England where the populace generally follows protocols to the letter, yet had 55k cases a single day some days back—more than half the reported cases in Nigeria since February 2020. If you have a contrary view, let me know, I am open to learning.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by unscripted(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2021
Tsolutionifede:
you have malaria, the covid19 patients that I know will not be typing or even have time for phone. Go home and treat malaria+ typhoid, and u will be fine
I have not being confirmed positive .. but that is the protocol when you have interacted with a confirmed case .. my colleague in the same floor was confirmed positive ..
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 8:28am On Jan 10, 2021
Mo
Verance:

Agreed, if covid-19 exists here, the number of persons that have contracted the disease must be way way higher that the number of daily testings conducted and positive cases reported. If this is the case, it means many Nigerians had or now have covid-19 unbeknownst to them. The big question is, if such is the case, why aren't people getting sick simultaneously around the country? Why aren't people dieing randomly and mysteriously from the "deadly" disease?

My submission is that if covid-19 is real in this country, then a large percentage of Nigerians have contracted this virus (far far more than the near 100k reported) and the fact that there has not been a wave of sickness or hospitalisation in Nigeria proves that covid-19 is not a problem to us. Consider the fact that Nigerians do not follow prevention protocols at all (wearing of facemasks is like closing only one out of 50 doors open to the virulent virus) compared to a country like England where the populace generally follows protocols to the letter, yet had 55k cases a single day some days back—more than half the reported cases in Nigeria since February 2020. If you have a contrary view, let me know, I am open to learning.
The fact is that Millions of Nigerians contracted the virus in the first wave. Nigeria has a relatively younger population with a relatively lower life expectancy, meaning that we have fewer elderly per capita compared to say, Italy.
Self medication, alternative medicine and outright denial is rife here, hence the average Nigerian is unwilling to report obvious symptoms to health authorities. Our health infrastructure is another pathetic story . Even the NCDC does not have the infrastructure to carry out proper massive testing (They've only managed to test less than 0.5 percent of the population) which is surely a far cry by any statistical standards.

Our young population (coupled with other unknown factors)) means higher survival rate. Now at best the survival rate is 99 percent . 1 percent of a million people is 10,000.
It's normal in Nigeria To hear that one died after a "brief Illness" which in forensic diagnostics terms is bullshit. There has been an uptrend of people dying after such brief Illness during this pandemic. unfortunately I can only give anecdotal evidence of such uptrend as we virtually don't have any database of birth and death rate in the country to use as reference.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 8:32am On Jan 10, 2021
Tsolutionifede:
You are wrong, 80 to 90 percent of those infected show very mild or no symptoms at All till their immunity clears the virus. The statistics is consistent All over the globe. The people you're seeing in isolation centres and under Oxygen/ventilator are the minority 5 - 10 percent critical/serious cases.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Kingosytex(m): 8:32am On Jan 10, 2021
[quote author=Eriggs post=97901764]
Thailandmbaise in Imo State abi?
Yeye grin
And if true, I take God beg u, sha stay off from drugs or anything illegal for dat way.
Make Naija proud, we don't want to read any -ve news here.
Be a good boy over there, u hear me so?[/quote

] grin grin grin
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Liposure: 8:35am On Jan 10, 2021
unscripted:
yes you are correct .. I dont believe the virus is as viral as they say .. my colleague in the same customer service floor contacted the virus , she fell sick ,
With 2 other persons , I did not fall sick nor test positive with 2 other persons also .. I expected all of us to be positive , because we all play together in close proximity, eat from each others plate .. I think the virus is not as viral as described... ( or maybe i have had covid before and recovered without knowing )
in case you don't know, it was declared a global pandemic by WHO
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 8:42am On Jan 10, 2021
unscripted:
yes you are correct .. I dont believe the virus is as viral as they say .. my colleague in the same customer service floor contacted the virus , she fell sick ,
With 2 other persons , I did not fall sick nor test positive with 2 other persons also .. I expected all of us to be positive , because we all play together in close proximity, eat from each others plate .. I think the virus is not as viral as described... ( or maybe i have had covid before and recovered without knowing )
I don't think there's any virus with a 100 percent infection rate - even Ebola. It's immunity at play.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by SirWarlock: 8:46am On Jan 10, 2021
Verance:

I brought this up before. Bodies like ncdc and the NIMR would have gone round and carry out research/survey at why covid is still low and people aren't getting sick in droves when they don't even care about the virus grin. What percentage of the population could have been already infected/anitibody tests. Why are we even in a second wave sef and it's still uneven and inconsistent. They even act like the second wave is affecting everywhere when till date I'm sure testing hasn't gotten to some LGAs But no it's just drop numbers at night & insha Allah undecided. States also are just dropping numbers with no meat to them sad. It's just hard to take the Press task force seriously angry when A state is supposedly covid free and has gotten away with it angry. Just a bunch passive and reactive press briefers .
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Liposure: 8:47am On Jan 10, 2021
bareal:

Nigerians still don't understand that this disease has over 90% recovery rate even without taking any medications. They create panic to make it look too serious so they can make money. If that's not the case , we would have been dying like chicken considering our level of exposure to the virus without following preventive measures.

To me this disease is overrated!!! It is not deadlier than some other ailment that take lives daily in Nigeria.
but the figures say otherwise unless you were expecting lower numbers
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by johnlaw123(m): 9:21am On Jan 10, 2021
Eriggs:

Thailandmbaise in Imo State abi?
Yeye grin
And if true, I take God beg u, sha stay off from drugs or anything illegal for dat way.
Make Naija proud, we don't want to read any -ve news here.
Be a good boy over there, u hear me so?
. I don't think this is necessary please
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2021
Kingosytex:

Fixed.
That person is mentally ill with multiple personality disorder.Thats why it always says 'we'
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by melotech(m): 9:27am On Jan 10, 2021
I love this kogi state governor for one thing he didn't embrace the stupid Corona of a thing from day one and you can see from the figure you become what you believe
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by ekaF(f): 9:30am On Jan 10, 2021
Corona is LIKELY real
let's Do some digging.
*how many people died of other ailments because hospitals could not admit them or they could NOT get to a hospital because of the lockdown.
*Do you know how many people die of Malaria in Nigeria.
* Do you know how many people die of typhoid in Nigeria
* Do you know how many people die from diabetes complications in Nigeria
* Do you know how many businesses could not resume after the lockdown
* Do you know how many ladies lived with men they did not know so they could just eat at least once a day

Do your research. The number of people some ailments claim in half a year does not come close to the number of Corona cases.

How could you trust a government that would keep food locked up in warehouses. When people were hungry.

For the majority of Nigerians there are two options
1. Stay at home, add no economic value and hence die of hunger

2. Go out and hustle and 'MAYBE' die of Corona.

Either way death is involved.
What option would you say is most Logical

DONT BE FOOLED BY POLITICAL PROPAGANDA. OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE FOR YOURSELF

#NoLockdown
#EndBadGovernanceInNigeria
#EndBadLeadershipInNigeria
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by delpee(f): 10:39am On Jan 10, 2021
internationalman:
Please has any one that is actually really living with any of you contracted this virus other than distance relations or the elites of the country.

Yes. It's not something to joke about please. A terrible experience for those who have been through it. It's usually not as bad for most young people who are very healthy and active.

Stay safe always and ignore the naysayers.

One tip...if you know anyone who gas become infected, he/she should try to lie tummy down NOT face up when sleeping. This is to protect the lungs and save oneself from getting into a dire situation. This is one of the list of dos and don'ts given to a close relative by a doctor.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by delpee(f): 10:41am On Jan 10, 2021
melotech:
I love this kogi state governor for one thing he didn't embrace the stupid Corona of a thing from day one and you can see from the figure you become what you believe

Maybe...but we have seen a number of people who didn't believe thereby attending crowded parties and falling ill.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by wildikeman(m): 10:53am On Jan 10, 2021
Bastards.. Make Una dey share the thing like budget revenue... Liars
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Manueluba: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2021
Lock down 18 January
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Slurity(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
Tsolutionifede:
u r dull, I work at ogun state teaching hospital,the isolation center here is not functioning, not a single patient, my local gov isolation center, here in ikenne local gov is closed down, where are they now discharging them from, it is either, u r a complete fool or u r a politician or related to them
I normally don't reply a fool like you but for the sake of the time you and your family will learn in a hard way so that you will remember that you have use your mouth to talk rubbish. I am my wife that has been a victim last year are also from same Ogun state Atan Ota. And soon you will know where they are admitted and where they discharge them in Ogun. Ungrateful human you are to God.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Slurity(m): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
Dreamliner787:

When did you start working for NCDC?
I have no answer to stupid question because I did not tell you I work in any ncdc office before
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Tsolutionifede(m): 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
Slurity:
I normally don't reply a fool like you but for the sake of the time you and your family will learn in a hard way so that you will remember that you have use your mouth to talk rubbish. I am my wife that has been a victim last year are also from same Ogun state Atan Ota. And soon you will know where they are admitted and where they discharge them in Ogun. Ungrateful human you are to God.
imagine this ncdc paid agent, thunder fire u and ur family
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Dreamliner787(m): 1:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Slurity:
I have no answer to stupid question because I did not tell you I work in any ncdc office before
Okay goat.. Next time don't qoute me.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Slurity(m): 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Tsolutionifede:
imagine this ncdc paid agent, thunder fire u and ur family
God bless you
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by bareal(m): 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
Liposure:
but the figures say otherwise unless you were expecting lower numbers

What figures? Do you know how people cluster like sardine for NIN at the various centres across the country without preventive measures? Oga by what I see daily, we are supposed to be dying every seconds going by the hype of the virus.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Coinbased: 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
Really
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Freelane33(m): 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
Second waves Na die
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by JrTahir(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
This Corona is getting worse every day
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 9 2021 In Nigeria by Richey007: 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
Lagos state ni still dey top. Dem bi Odogwu!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PICS:NAFDAC Destroys Fake Products Worth #500million At Aswama, Anambra State. / Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? / Chineto Ozigbo Speaks On COVID19. Supports Anambra With N20 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.