Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,860 members, 7,872,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB (958 Views)

Nigerians To Start Using Three-in-one ID Card August, Says Official / NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000 / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by micellgevity: 7:49am On Jan 10, 2021
I don't know where to post this but I know the mod will do the needful. My biometrics were captured sometimes 2014. I have waited 7 years to collect my original plastic national id card but all to no avail. Few days ago, the air was filled with the news of digital national id card whichI have tried to access severally unsuccessfully. It is either the OTP is not sent, OTP is sent after expiration and when the OTP is sent on time, the app will say "Oops, error..."
This early morning, I tried it and everything went successfully, but I was disappointed at the same time. The photos on my digital id card is not mine and my date of birth is also wrong. The photo and date of birth are totally different from the ones on my temporary paper id card. What baffles me is that there were two monitors at the point of registration, one facing me, the other one facing the NIMC staff, and I saw myself on the screen, I ensured that all my biodata and biometrics were correctly captured before submission. Now, how come am I having a different photo and DOB? Pls how do I contact these errors, especially now that people find it difficult to be captured?

Dominique
Lala
Supermod
Mynd44, pls do your job

Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by micellgevity: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2021
Very bad, I lose hope in this country.
Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by YoonSung76: 7:52am On Jan 10, 2021
haaaa wahala
Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by SocialJustice: 7:59am On Jan 10, 2021
Na wa, I should even use this app to check if I'm the one in my NIN.
Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2021
OK, digital I'd card, that's new to me; I will check it out. I already have the plastic 4 years ago
Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by Generalnomercy: 8:01am On Jan 10, 2021
That is APC ID card

Everything APC touches gets corrupted.

APC is the digital corruption machine.
Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by Kolisky(m): 8:05am On Jan 10, 2021
micellgevity:
Very bad, I lose hope in this country.

Na just now you lose hope? cheesy

I don lost mine since when I don already know how to pronounce NIGERIA grin grin grin

Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by AdaugoChisom(f): 8:19am On Jan 10, 2021
micellgevity:
I don't know where to post this but I know the mod will do the needful. My biometrics were captured sometimes 2014. I have waited 7 years to collect my original plastic national id card but all to no avail. Few days ago, the air was filled with the news of digital national id card whichI have tried to access severally unsuccessfully. It is either the OTP is not sent, OTP is sent after expiration and when the OTP is sent on time, the app will say "Oops, error..."
This early morning, I tried it and everything went successfully, but I was disappointed at the same time. The photos on my digital id card is not mine and my date of birth is also wrong. The photo and date of birth are totally different from the ones on my temporary paper id card. What baffles me is that there were two monitors at the point of registration, one facing me, the other one facing the NIMC staff, and I saw myself on the screen, I ensured that all my biodata and biometrics were correctly captured before submission. Now, how come am I having a different photo and DOB? Pls how do I contact these errors, especially now that people find it difficult to be captured?

Dominique
Lala
Supermod
Mynd44, pls do your job

How were you able to take screenshots?

1 Like

Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by badaru911: 8:23am On Jan 10, 2021
@op..... Be ready to pay money to the
government..... Well not more than 15,000..... I knw that the NIMC staff will be doing rubbish work now and I don't care attitude in their job, as long as any mistake of their doings will be bear by the citizens in cash to them..
Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by micellgevity: 9:21am On Jan 10, 2021
AdaugoChisom:

How were you able to take screenshots?
I snapped it with another phone.

1 Like

Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by micellgevity: 9:24am On Jan 10, 2021
badaru911:
@op..... Be ready to pay money to the
government..... Well not more than 15,000..... I knw that the NIMC staff will be doing rubbish work now and I don't care attitude in their job, as long as any mistake of their doings will be bear by the citizens in cash to them..
Then we will meet in court. If I was the one that gave the NIMC staff wrong data, was I also the one that changed the photo? Abi someone stood in for me ni?
Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by MajohBankz: 9:32am On Jan 10, 2021
Iyanya talk say
Wetin be your own be your own
If no be your own leave am alone
Let's take it one step at a time we go get there somewhere somehow....
Hold on
When e enter you go feel
Make you no rush
Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by exohjay(m): 9:41am On Jan 10, 2021
Visit NIMC office to make complain. But I doubt if you won't be charged for it even as it's their error.
Re: My Digital National ID Card Has Somebody Else's Photo & Wrong DOB by Whoube99(f): 11:44am On Jan 10, 2021
micellgevity:

Dominique
Lala
Supermod
Mynd44, pls do your job

This una NIMC card sef, na visa to take comot for Naija
If yes mek una tell me mek I go do am, even if na #100k dey wan collect do am for me, I ready to pay

(1) (Reply)

Why We Need To Be Careful Of People Like Reno Omokri / Next Time I Post On Nairaland, South Nigeria Will Be In Existence / BREAKING: Pandemonium In Abia Communities As Army, Gunmen Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.