Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,397 members, 7,881,442 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:43 PM

Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? (2212 Views)

Worst Thing You’ve Found, From Checking Your Partner’s Phone / What's The Worst Thing Your Lover Did To You After A Breakup? / What's The Worst Thing Your Ex Ever Did To You? Share Your Experience!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2021
I can't think of anything worse

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
Very shameful! This is what they call "Open disgrace"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Nazgul: 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
Respect they say is reciprocal. When you respect yourself, no one will insult you, no one will bruise your ego.

The truth is many people don't really understand this public proposal and why it's done. Many guys that engage in it aren't really dating the girl. They're just one of her admirers who she gives attention to. So they try to put her into a very tight corner (blackmail) by proposing publicly so that she would have no choice than to marry them.

I never really knew this until one of my silly friends tried it with a girl he met in a wedding he attended. She's very pretty, in less than two weeks of their getting to know each other he invited her to an eatery and proposed. The crazy thing was that this guy didn't even tell we his friends what he had in mind. We were just eating and gisting, suddenly he just brought out ring went on one knee and was even begging her to marry him.

The girl just hissed and walked away. I felt like slapping him.

If you're dating a girl, I mean real dating not stalking, and both of you are matured enough to get married, she will be the one indirectly asking you questions pertaining to settling down, some will even ask you boldly so thay can know where they stand with you. And if you finally propose after months and years of keeping her in the dark, you'll get a loud yes, a hug and a mind blowing sex.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
Nazgul:
Respect they say is reciprocal. When you respect yourself, no one will insult you, no one will bruise your ego.

The truth is many people don't really understand this public proposal and why it's done. Many guys that engage in it aren't really dating the girl. They're just one of her admirers who she gives attention to. So they try to put her into a very tight corner (blackmail) by proposing publicly so that she would have no choice than to marry them.

I never really knew this until one of my silly friends tried it with a girl he met in a wedding he attended. She's very pretty, in less than two weeks of their getting to know each other he invited her to an eatery and proposed. The crazy thing was that this guy didn't even tell we his friends what he had in mind. We were just eating and gisting, suddenly he just brought out ring went on one knee and was even begging her to marry him.

If you're dating a girl, I mean real dating not stalking, and both of you are matured enough to get married, she will be the one indirectly asking you questions pertaining to settling down, some will even ask you boldly so thay can know where they stand with you. And if you finally propose after months and years of keeping her in the dark, you'll get a loud yes, a hug and a mind blowing sex.

Damn, na person pikin get sense like this?

15 Likes

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by EzegeNdiigbo: 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
Simp bitch
See as a hoe has disgrace you

1 Like

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Oluromantic: 1:28pm On Jan 12, 2021
Even the op na mumu. To think this is the worst thing against a man's ego when being financially broke is there and more embarrassing

In these days that ladies are plenty all around na him one mumu man go dey think say rejection of proposal na ego-battering. It only means you didn't do your homework well. Financially stable men who are responsible and ready for marriage are not much. If you're truly one, you won't go through this kinda of shit. It's the lady that'll want to die there with you cus she won't wanna lose you.

70% of this kind of proposal doesn't end up well. She may say yes on the spot but wahala will show up later because this kind of surprise proposal is trial and error and it means d relationship hasn't matured up to marriage, you just want to jump steps. How many married women today got this kind of proposal.

I don't even know why someone will kneel in d gathering of people under hot sun when you can chill on your sofa at home with the AC on after eating a sumptuous pounded yam and vegetable soup she prepared for you and propose to her like a king the way Isaac blessed Jacob after eating hot food.

11 Likes

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
I can't think of anything worse

I hate public marriage proposals with passion!
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by mumumugu(m): 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2021
A girl could accept the proposal then reject privately just to protect his ego

2 Likes

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by paulolee(m): 1:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
some girls gat no chills bt men that do this open stuff really get mind o..even if I know that some are planned already..
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2021
DaudaTheSexyGuy:

I hate am pass you
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by bukatyne(f): 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2021
Nazgul:

Hmmmmmmmm.

I have always wondered about rejected public proposals.

1 Like

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by mobo76503: 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2021
some girls gat no chills bt men that do this open stuff really get mind o..even if I know that some are planned already..
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by angelfallz(m): 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2021
I dunno about mind blowing sex, but I agree with you.

Nazgul:

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by angelfallz(m): 3:48pm On Jan 12, 2021
I doubt a public rejection is the worst that can happen to a man's ego.
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Nazgul: 12:24am On Jan 13, 2021
bukatyne:

Hmmmmmmmm.

I have always wondered about rejected public proposals.
That's the reason why most guys get terribly humiliated in public proposals. No girl will humiliate her guy in such manner if they're geninuely dating, regardless of the method he chooses to propose to her.

There was one video I saw here on Nairaland where the guy entered into a muddy water just to propose the girl just left him ther and walked away. I've seen another video where the girl slapped the guy, warned him and walked away after he proposed...

Sometimes onlookers who know nothing about both couples might tag the girl as being rude. But you obviously can't blame her.

Only a desperate girl with no morals will accept to marry a guy she barely even knows.

4 Likes

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Liposure: 6:44am On Jan 13, 2021
I dislike public proposal. Better you be rejected in private than you disgraced in public
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2021
Nazgul:

Except for the bolded part I disagree with, this explains some things for me, because I don't get why you and a girl that are cool, have been dating strongly, even talked about marriage lots of time would suddenly flip on you in public and reject your proposal.

Nawa for the things men do to corner women, o.
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Nazgul: 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Except for the bolded part I disagree with, this explains some things for me, because I don't get why you and a girl that are cool, have been dating strongly, even talked about marriage lots of time would suddenly flip on you in public and reject your proposal.

What's your reason for your disagreement?

1 Like

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by QueenEowyn(f): 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
To me is playing the man to the fullest and walking out on him as if he is nobody

1 Like

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:31am On Feb 13, 2021
Nazgul:

What's your reason for your disagreement?
Proposing after years and months of keeping her in the dark sounds like some manipulation thingy to me. An intentional thing to keep her hanging onto you, confused, not knowing where to go or what to do.
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Nazgul: 5:57am On Feb 13, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Proposing after years and months of keeping her in the dark sounds like some manipulation thingy to me. An intentional thing to keep her hanging onto you, confused, not knowing where to go or what to do.
That's the idea.

Many average girls see relationships as poverty alleviation program. Like one twitter user rightfully pointed out... once you ask her out, you automatically owe her money from that day.

If for example I'm clamouring for marriage, and she's looking for something else like money, don't you think I will be the one to get hurt? I shouldn't be the only one clamouring for marriage in a relationship, when I know it will benefit her more.

If she sincerely wants to get married she should desire it, talk about it, act like it, reason like it...when I see her seriousness and maturity in becoming responsible and settling down, I'll propose.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by paulolee(m): 6:02am On Feb 13, 2021
DaudaTheSexyGuy:

imagine urself aving a serious bea dt u are dating for gears n planning to marry, telling u dt she accepted jus to save her friend who after u say her viral video accepting a guy ring with happiness all over the scenery..
d point is dt some of this girls dt do reject may have a more serious n better guy elsewhere n dey dnt wana take chances n not all guys would b happy seeing thier serious bea accept ring from a new friend to save his ego....u go believe dt kain lamba from ur bea??
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2021
Nazgul:

That's the idea.

Many average girls see relationships as poverty alleviation program. Like one twitter user rightfully pointed out... once you ask her out, you automatically owe her money from that day.

If for example I'm clamouring for marriage, and she's looking for something else like money, don't you think I will be the one to get hurt? I shouldn't be the only one clamouring for marriage in a relationship, when I know it will benefit her more.

If she sincerely wants to get married she should desire it, talk about it, act like it, reason like it...when I see her seriousness and maturity in becoming responsible and settling down, I'll propose.
to note being an exception to every rule on the earth, @bolded is my philosophy. charging is my hobby, billing gives me orgasm. cheesy if i don't do that, what will I na be doing?

anyway, you pipu shu continue dating una sef, abeg, with your manipulations and benefits yada yada yada. why do you want to enter into an institution that does not benefit you as much as it benefits her? undecided

mscheew.
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
Magnoliaa:

to note being an exception to every rule on the earth, @bolded is my philosophy. charging is my hobby, billing gives me orgasm. cheesy if i don't do that, what will I na be doing?

anyway, you pipu shu continue dating una sef, abeg, with your manipulations and benefits yada yada yada. why do you want to enter into an institution that does not benefit you as much as it benefits her? undecided

mscheew.
Exactly.
We should benefit from each other.
Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Nazgul: 6:57pm On Feb 14, 2021
Magnoliaa:

mscheew.
angry

3 Likes

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by cooooooks(m): 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2021
Seems to me that you and the other commenter are saying the same thing.

Magnoliaa:

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by cooooooks(m): 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2021
Public proposals make almost no sense.

You and your partner should know that you want to get married to each other.
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by mrgbenga1: 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2021
I detest public proposal with passion.

1 Like

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:18pm On Feb 14, 2021
cooooooks:
Seems to me that you and the other commenter are saying the same thing.

Nahh. We're not. He's talking about manipulation and game and staying on top of things, very well at the expense of the girl/other person. He said proposing after years and months of keeping her in the dark, so you can get a big yes and everything. I mean, wtf is that??

And you're definitely not doing that to any girl that doesn't have time to waste.

cooooooks:
Public proposals make almost no sense.

You and your partner should know that you want to get married to each other.
Are the public proposals the issues here? Or the unseriousness and uncertainty of the parties involved?

But, I think I get your point. It's become such a cultural norm that... One person is not the one doing the marrying/picking; both are getting married to each other. No wonder Nazgul boldly said what he said. He's the one proposing, he's got all the cards and direct the course of the relationship.

Thing is, I don't mind all the pomp and fare if the couple wants and can afford them, but I see no justification for the kneeling-down-to-propose on the guy's part. Tweaking the prevailing and inherited culture (especially around heterosexual relationships) would be the way to go for me.

1 Like

Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by cooooooks(m): 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2021
Ah, sense and link letters??

I agree with your statement completely.

Magnoliaa:

Nahh. We're not. He's talking about manipulation and game and staying on top of things, very well at the expense of the girl/other person. He said proposing after years and months of keeping her in the dark, so you can get a big yes and everything. I mean, wtf is that??

And you're definitely not doing that to any girl that doesn't have time to waste.

Are the public proposals the issues here? Or the unseriousness and uncertainty of the parties involved?

But, I think I get your point. It's become such a cultural norm that... One person is not the one doing the marrying/picking; both are getting married to each other. No wonder Nazgul said w. He's the one proposing, he's got all the cards and direct the course of the relationship.

Thing is, I don't mind all the pomp and fare if the couple wants and can afford them, but I see no justification for the kneeling-down-to-propose on the guy's part. Tweaking the prevailing and inherited culture (especially around heterosexual relationships) would be the way to go for me.
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:19pm On Feb 14, 2021
cooooooks:
Ah, sense and link letters??

I agree with your statement completely.

Sense and link letters?

Sense and pink letters, you mean?

undecided undecided undecided

Mscheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Now you're being--. I thought you were open-minded and wouldn't even think something like that?
Re: Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Man's Ego? by cooooooks(m): 10:30pm On Feb 14, 2021
My bad, I meant pink letters.

I was trying to joke. Check my history, you will see my open-mindedness.

smiley

Magnoliaa:

Sense and link letters?

Sense and pink letters, you mean?

undecided undecided undecided

Mscheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Now you're being--. I thought you were open-minded and wouldn't even think something like that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lovely pre-wedding photos of a D.O.T and his Korean bride / Intimacy between Husband And Wife / Fucking Girls Does Nothing To My Penis, No Pleasure Or Erection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.