Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,133 members, 7,943,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:11 AM

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) (114060 Views)

The Lagos Hustle: Queens Of Deceit (18+) / Zion Rufus ‘the Lagos Hustle’ / Two Worlds Meet At The Lagos Oriental Hotel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Twelvedemon12(m): 9:51am On Apr 06, 2021
Mehn guy you good
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by bimberry1307(f): 10:49am On Apr 06, 2021
You're a man of your words, souloho19. Thanks for the update.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by oloyedprince1(m): 10:57am On Apr 06, 2021
great
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Elfaris(m): 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2021
nice update.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by UNCL3(m): 4:49am On Apr 08, 2021
Nice Update Souloho19.

And good morning all, please listen to the beautiful song I did, no regrets on your data.

Link in signature.

Thanks.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by peter8535: 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2021
Pls update
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by iamL(f): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
I wasn't too happy when u stopped a hole in the wall so I choose to follow this story with out much expectations. we

Am happy u haven't disappointed me for been one of your earliest fan.
@iamloyalty.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by iamL(f): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
Niceessien:
After a every stressful day las las this update don lift my spirit small........

But am wandering what that Kanaku of a guy will tell his wife once he gets back home without the car since she already believed that he's the owner

��� na dat one pain u ni. His like u are the one giving life to his wife's character.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Kaycee9242(m): 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2021
Nice so u lo ho u are a great writer
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by UndefeatedEmjay(m): 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2021
This tory dey totori my body. Ride on, oga mi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Yemike(m): 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
Wow! What an update.
This one that the money source has been cut and fifi is still spending anyhow hope they won't run out of cash for future expenditions.

And I sincerely hope Jecinta won't be another tragedy in this great story.

More wisdom boss.

#Teamkanaku

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by DannyG8(m): 6:53am On Apr 13, 2021
thanks for the update
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Niceessien(m): 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
iamL:

��� na dat one pain u ni. His like u are the one giving life to his wife's character.

Brother if you are not financial stable don't suffer pesin daughter in the name of marriage because by doing so, you also add volume to your own suffering
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by souloho19(m): 1:21am On Apr 16, 2021
Chapter 12

FUOYO

]Infiltration

Fifi said the house would be easy to locate once we got into the estate cause it was the only bungalow in a row of Duplexes. Once we made the first turn, it was the fourth or fifth house on the left. The first challenge was that the estate obviously housed rich and well to do people, which meant the security was tight.

The security at the estate gate ordered us to park and asked who we were there to see at such a late hour.

"Who are you here to see? Is he expecting you?" He stood few feet away and made a motion with his torch, instructing we roll down the glass

"For heaven's sake is this a bloody hotel?" Kanaku demanded

"I beg your pardon?" the security looked like he needed just one reason to make our night miserable

I had to think fast, luckily Jessy was thinking faster. She leaned across me and called out, "Please we're here to see my uncle. We should have been here earlier but we had car troubles"

The guard redirected his torch beam from the frowning Kanaku to the back seat, shinning the bright light in Jessy's face

"Hmm....and what is your uncle's name?" He asked

"Well...." she trailed off

"Mr. Kenekelis" I blurted out

Now he faced the beam on me.
"Is he your uncle too?"

"yes....well no...not my blood uncle, but he has been more than an uncle to me"

I squinted and raised my hand to shield the bright light while the guard rudely continued to blind me.
"Okay...,but you have to call him, I'll speak with him"

"okay sure, that's what you should have said since, please can you get the light off my face?" He complied and I looked at Jessy, "call him, tell him we're at the main gate"

She looked at me but expertly didn't show her surprise. Without missing a beat she brought out her phone and dialed a number. After minutes of silence, she sighed, "his line is busy....he's on the conference call already."

I nodded, and turned to the guard "please we have a meeting with him it's very important"

The guard scoffed, "what important meeting by midnight?"

"we're coming from Ondo state sir" I countered

But he wasn't having it, "why don't you tell me about this so-called meeting and I'll determine if its important or not.."

Kanaku suddenly couldn't take it anymore, he opened the driver's door and stepped out. "Listen here you bastard, you can either get in the car and follow us to the house or you simply let us go. But you're not going to stand here and use us to pretend or act what police life would have been like if only you had made the cut-off mark."

The two men faced a stare off and I craned my neck out the window, half expecting them to come to blows. The guard was tall and buffy but I had my money on Kanaku. The anger in his voice alone made me a little chilly.

The guard finally backed down, deciding to take the safe option. "He glared at me, suddenly unable to stare at Kanaku again. "You have to sign in first" He pointed to a table where a book log lay open.

I got down and signed in as' Mr. Brian Karma,' 11:48 pm and scribbled a phony signature.

"Hold on, I have to write down your plate number" the guard insisted when I ignored the plate number column.
I could do nothing but watch him write down the car number.

"Welcome to Canary estate" he snickered but I noticed he still avoided looking in Kanaku's direction.

I entered the car once more and Kanaku started the ignition.

"whew" I sighed in relief as he drove towards the first turning

"He's lucky I didn't break his nose" Kanaku hissed

"you guys are missing the important fact," Jessy said and I stared at her, "what fact?"

"He recognized the name....which means Kenekelis lives here...."

"That's true....what are the odds!" I exclaimed, "maybe he's the same person Fifi described"

"we'll find out soon enough" Kanaku gritted his teeth, making me glance at him through the rearview.

Soon enough we were pulling up beside the house and staring at our second challenge. The fence was shorter than that of the neighbors which made it easy to spot the bungalow immediately but 3 lines of charged electric lines ran across the fence around the house, quickly ruling out any plan I first had of scaling the 5-foot fence.

"Shit...what now, do we knock?" I asked

"come, get behind the steering" Kanaku instructed and opened the door. He glanced up, "....The street lights here are motion censored so you just take a drive to the end of this close and turn, I'll have the gate open when you get back"

"How are you going to do that?" I asked in disbelief, but I put the car in gear.

"The gate is never wired...I'll use the gate"

True enough the wires didn't touch the gate, stopping a couple of inches before the sturdy iron gate but I didn't still see how he planned to get through a gate that was locked from the inside. "How do you-"

"Fuoyo for Bleep sake just move" he snapped and I did as I was told.

"Something's up with him" I said to Jess as I accelerated, "He's been edgy since we left your friend"

True enough the street light grew dimmer then went off as I drove farther from the house and instead our path became lit up with each light pole we approached. How on earth did he know that? I shook my head in awe.

"Oh my....he's climbing the gate" Jessy exclaimed suddenly. She was squirming in the back seat, trying to look behind and I looked at my side mirror in time to see Kanaku grab the spear-like spikes at the top of the gate and lift himself over and out of sight.

"What the....!"

"how can he move so fast?" Jessy wondered

"I have a feeling he's been doing stuff like that since he started walking" There was no need to drive to the end of the close again and I made a U-turn

The light came on again, once the sensors detected the car mass but this time Kanaku had the gate wide open and immediately I parked, we strolled in like visitors in case any insomniac neighbor happened to look out the window that very minute.

I observed the towering gate as I passed through, there were some lion head carvings on the gate, about four, lined diagonally but still too far apart and not big enough to provide a sure footing. The spikes at the mouth of the gate looked like it had once been part of a medieval torture device and I suspected it must have pierced his hands badly when he pulled himself over.
He shut the gate when I entered and nodded toward the entrance. "no dogs" he assured us, "just this unfortunate fellow"
I followed his gaze to the man lying unconscious on the floor. He was dressed in a different security halogen uniform from the security men at the front gate and he wasn't moving. For a second I thought he was dead.

"He wouldn't be waking up soon but we better move," Kanaku said impatiently

I stepped aside and spread out my right hand, still looking at the body, "I think you should lead the way"

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by VincenzoZhuxu: 1:46am On Apr 16, 2021
Souloho for this midnight you still find time post for ya people kudos and nice update

2 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by HORLADSTAR(m): 8:13am On Apr 16, 2021
Nice update bro we dey enjoy am steady steady
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by WAACUT(m): 8:34am On Apr 16, 2021
Thumbs up bro
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by dimssy(m): 11:58am On Apr 16, 2021
Ahhhh..our update is short na....

Thanks bro
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by chitheo(f): 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
Thanks for the update.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by JustCruise(m): 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2021
Thanks for the update.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Kaycee9242(m): 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2021
Thanks so much Souloho
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Ann2012(f): 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2021
Thanks for the update boss
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Konphido(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2021
Thank you Mr Soul..
This episode leaves me hungry for more.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Missyajoke(f): 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
When is the next episode
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by WHOcarex: 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
I don't even know what to feel about this move grin
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Mynet11(m): 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
It's about to go dowwnn! grin grin grin
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by bigbauer(m): 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
Souloho19 I greet you. Great story as has become your trademark. Forgive bit, I need a dose, big fat some like 30minutes read

;DSouloho19 I greet you. Great story as has become your trademark. Forgive bit, I need a dose, big fat some like 30minutes read

1 Like

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by antiterrorism(m): 11:48pm On Apr 25, 2021
This guy is bad. Just downloaded meditation by Marcus Aurelius.
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by felix00(m): 7:13pm On Apr 26, 2021
antiterrorism:
This guy is bad. Just downloaded meditation by Marcus Aurelius.

Where? Can you share link?
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by Advantaged: 8:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
Please update
Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by UNCL3(m): 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2021
Good evening beautiful people, please stream this wonderful song I did. I promise no regrets on your data. Link in signature, thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) by mosesekpenyong5(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2021
Please mention me when you update. ThanksPlease mention me when you update. ThanksPlease mention me when you update. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Secrets Of the gods / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / The Naughty Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.