Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,242 members, 7,950,318 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:04 PM

Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) (1391 Views)

Woman And Her Two Daughters Stabbed To Death In Ghana / 52-Year-Old Man Arrested For Impregnating His 16-Year-Old Niece In Ogun / Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Insidenaijasblo: 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
A 51-year-old Kenyan pastor, John Gichira has been sentenced to 140 years in prison for impregnating his two daughters aged 14 and 16 in Ndia Constituency, Kirinyaga County, Kenya, Insidenaija reports.

Appearing before Senior Principal Magistrates, Anthony Mwicigi of Baricho High Court on Thursday, January 14, the pastor was slapped with a 70-year- jail term for sexually assaulting each of the girls. The court ruled that the sentence will run consecutively.

"I sentence you 70 years for each offense and you have 14 days to appeal. This court orders that your names to be added in the register of convicted and dangerous offenders." the Magistrate announced.

"Gichira will serve 70 years for each count of defilement; the sentences to run consecutively,” the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said, citing a sentence in a Kirinyaga court.

The accused pleaded guilty to charges on January 5, 2021, and was remanded until Thursday. He blamed the devil for his offences and asked forgiveness from his children and the court, saying that everybody makes mistakes.

"I pray that the court, those that I have offended including the girls I impregnated. It is my first time to commit such an act. I blame Satan for tricking me." he said.

Charges read out to him by the prosecution indicated that the first offense was committed on diverse dates between June 1 and 30, 2020 in Kinyakiiru village, Kirinyaga against his 16-year-old daughter. She is now seven months pregnant.

The second offence was committed on or around August 2020 against his 14-year old daughter who is six months pregant. Both are primary school pupils.

He was arrested in Mbeere South in Meru County where he had fled to and posed as a Somalia herder but residents were suspicious of his accent and tipped authorities before he was arrested in the first week of January.

The court was told that the matter was not reported and the accused continued to live in the same compound with the victims. The matter was later reported to Baricho Police Station by the area chief, prompting the suspect to escape till he was traced and arrested in Mbeere.

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/kenyan-pastor-51-bags-140-years-jail-term-for-impregnating-his-two-daughters-aged-14-and-16/

1 Share

Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Insidenaijasblo: 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
More:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Insidenaijasblo: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique
Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Kriss216: 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
The judge is merciful with the judgement.

How come 14 and 16 year old girls still in Primary school?
Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Racoon(m): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2021
What an abominable act especially when it involves a man shepherding people.God gives you a heart to genuinely repent.
Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Righteousness2(m): 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
We are in very Remarkable times where every kind of Nonsense, evil and Abominable things are not in short Supply..

Stand Strong with JESUS.
Don't let your Love and Relationship with JESUS go Cold
Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
Insidenaijasblo:
A 51-year-old Kenyan pastor, John Gichira has been sentenced to 140 years in prison for impregnating his two daughters aged 14 and 16 in Ndia Constituency, Kirinyaga County, Kenya, Insidenaija reports.

Appearing before Senior Principal Magistrates, Anthony Mwicigi of Baricho High Court on Thursday, January 14, the pastor was slapped with a 70-year- jail term for sexually assaulting each of the girls. The court ruled that the sentence will run consecutively.

"I sentence you 70 years for each offense and you have 14 days to appeal. This court orders that your names to be added in the register of convicted and dangerous offenders." the Magistrate announced.

"Gichira will serve 70 years for each count of defilement; the sentences to run consecutively,” the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said, citing a sentence in a Kirinyaga court.

The accused pleaded guilty to charges on January 5, 2021, and was remanded until Thursday. He blamed the devil for his offences and asked forgiveness from his children and the court, saying that everybody makes mistakes.

"I pray that the court, those that I have offended including the girls I impregnated. It is my first time to commit such an act. I blame Satan for tricking me." he said.

Charges read out to him by the prosecution indicated that the first offense was committed on diverse dates between June 1 and 30, 2020 in Kinyakiiru village, Kirinyaga against his 16-year-old daughter. She is now seven months pregnant.

The second offence was committed on or around August 2020 against his 14-year old daughter who is six months pregant. Both are primary school pupils.

He was arrested in Mbeere South in Meru County where he had fled to and posed as a Somalia herder but residents were suspicious of his accent and tipped authorities before he was arrested in the first week of January.

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/kenyan-pastor-51-bags-140-years-jail-term-for-impregnating-his-two-daughters-aged-14-and-16/

But seriously, that dude is one bad S.O.B.

I couldn't stop laughing right after reading the bolded.

So, he had cattle-herding talents too? Well, he was a religious 'shepherd', wasn't he? smiley

He was 'disguising'.
Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kriss216:
The judge is merciful with the judgement.

How come 14 and 16 year old girls still in Primary school?

Say what??

You ain't seen nothing.

When I was in primary 3 there was a village bumpkin in my class. Her aunt imported her from god-knows-where and she was really ripe- about 19/20.

I was 7/8 at the time. That's like having mommy sitting right next to you in the same class. As a student.
Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by NextD18: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
The kind of news that comes out of Kenya is weird.
Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
Insidenaijasblo:
More:

Come to think of it... smiley

He sure looks great in the herdsman disguise. grin
Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by aderinsola75355: 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
The judge is merciful with the judgement. How come 14 and 16 year old girls still in Primary school?
Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Houseofglam7(f): 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
WTF
Serves him right undecided
Re: Kenyan Pastor Bags 140 Years Jail Term For Impregnating His Two Daughters(pix) by Insidenaijasblo: 10:17am On Jan 15, 2021
: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

(1) (Reply)

I Would Kill You - Adedoyin Says To Timothy's Brother In Court ( Video) / Bishop Gruesomely Killed & Disembered Girlfriend For Money Ritual In Abuja / Video: 19-year-old Precious Agbokhade Reportedly Raped And Stabbed To Death In E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.