Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,324 members, 7,934,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 10:10 PM

January 15th 1966: The Day Nigeria Was Changed Forever By A 29 Year Old! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / January 15th 1966: The Day Nigeria Was Changed Forever By A 29 Year Old! (9702 Views)

Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria / First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: January 15th 1966: The Day Nigeria Was Changed Forever By A 29 Year Old! by nku5: 11:08am On Apr 15
Deadlytruth:

In an attempt to wear a lie the appearance of truth, logicality is usually the first casualty.

You obviously didn't read your Vanguard citation in between the lines else you wouldn't have missed where you have in in that:

1. Ahmadu Bello broke the ten year old NPC-NCNC alliance in 1964. This suggests that the Azikiwe Balewa governing coalition was formed in 1954 whereas all records have it that it came into being at independence (1960) on the necessity of surmounting the impasse occasioned by the fact that no party got simple majority in the first ballot of 1959.
2. That Azikiwe refused to formally call on Balewa to form the government. This means Azikiwe still had the status of President which he still clung tightly thus still an integral part of the allegedly jihad plotting government. And in the end he eventually called upon Balewa to form the government.
You fool no one with your revisionist tales.

I am not the author of "Why we struck" grin grin

The coalition of Akintola's AG faction with the NPC (NNDP) was planning to wipe out the coalition of NCNC and Awo's AG faction (UPGA). H.O. Davies exposed it, Ademoyega confirmed it. I understand Its painful for you to accept but eventually it will sink in.
Re: January 15th 1966: The Day Nigeria Was Changed Forever By A 29 Year Old! by Deadlytruth(m): 4:38am On Apr 17
nku5:

I am not the author of "Why we struck" grin grin

The coalition of Akintola's AG faction with the NPC (NNDP) was planning to wipe out the coalition of NCNC and Awo's AG faction (UPGA). H.O. Davies exposed it, Ademoyega confirmed it. I understand Its painful for you to accept but eventually it will sink in.

"Why We Struck" is a hurriedly assembled plethora of lies and incoherent claims aimed at rationalizing a senseless killing spree by the friends of the author. No author of a controversial topic writes to indict himself of guilt. Therefore when you read a book, you don't swallow everything hook line and sinker, but you read between the lines in order to separate the author's lies from the truth.
For example, in one part of the book the author of "Why We Struck" claims that the coup was conceived as far back as 1961. But in another page he claims that the coup was inspired in him and his accomplices by the corruption in government. Now the logical question is this, the dawn of 1961 was just roughly two months into the administration of Tafawa Balewa, thus how could a government that had hardly even settled down to business have within just two months perpetrated a level of corruption that could inspire a coup plot in any army officer? There are many other silly claims which fail the test of common sense as the one I just mentioned above.

And how come of all books written about the coup, only "Why We Struck" titillates the fancy of the average Igbo man even though it was authored by a man from the very Yoruba ethnic group which you Igbos accuse of propaganda, lies, revisionism, etc?

I have read through why we struck and it didn't take me much to identify too many logical incoherence and chronological defects in the author's averments.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: January 15th 1966: The Day Nigeria Was Changed Forever By A 29 Year Old! by Gireiboy(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23
masterfactor:

Don't mind them, Sardauna saw them for who they truly are, and decided such menace should not be allowed to thrive, that is why they decided to kill him. That coup is an Igbo coup, no matter how you guys try to sugar coat it. Bloody hypocrite.
Exactly! Thank you very much, finally! someone who understands .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bandits Kill One In Gurmana, Kidnap 10 People; Set Houses Ablaze, Rustle Cattle / Court Adjourns Senator Elisha Abbo Assault Case, Again / Ogunlewe: Those Abusing Tinubu For Consulting With IBB Are Politically Ignorant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.