Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,959 members, 7,949,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:49 AM

UGANDA DECIDES : Nigerians In Search Of Their Bobi Wine - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UGANDA DECIDES : Nigerians In Search Of Their Bobi Wine (1762 Views)

Edo Decides: Nigerians Mock Tinubu, As INEC Declares Obaseki Winner Of Election / Nigeria Decides : Nigerians re-elect President Buhari / Osun Decides: Nigerians React As INEC Declares Governorship Election Inconclusiv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: UGANDA DECIDES : Nigerians In Search Of Their Bobi Wine by Jagznation(m): 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
mariahAngel:
We're not searching for a Bobi wine kankan!

It'll be in Ugandans best interest to vote Museveni back in!
i swear
Re: UGANDA DECIDES : Nigerians In Search Of Their Bobi Wine by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

I would not claim that I know much about Uganda as a country, but one thing I am sure of is their stability. At least, compared to Nigeria.

From what we have experienced so far in our country, to want change is one thing, to risk stability in exchange for that change which might be positive or negative is another. And for a country in a continent like Africa, we're almost sure what kind of change it is likely to be.
So, for stability, I don't want Museveni to lose.

Are you for or against him?
Why?

It's only human to be afraid of an armed insurrection when you enjoy the basic amenities of life.

The recent End Sars riot in Nigeria was a pseudo rebellion, a micro revolution with a target . I despised the movement, not just because the movers did not adopt the best strategy, but because I knew it was a matter of time before the brutality started again. Today, security operatives (the army, police , regional forces like Amotekun) still treat crime suspects with despicable cruelty.

That's what happens in the real revolution. The revolutionists take the war to those they hate without a careful consideration of what the real problem is. Just like the problem was not SARS , a mere unit in the police , the problem is not the African leader, a mere individual out of millions.

If the problem was SARS, the army would not use brutality to end a protest against brutality at Lekki Toll Gate. Amotekun would not receive enormous backlash from people this past week.

If the problem were leaders alone , North Africa would be the safest place to live in after the Arab Spring.

I have a rare , distinct and personal opinion that Bobi Wine should have taken his music above national level. Gain the trust of the Ugandan ruler as an apprentice and use his popularity to make the Ugandan ruler hand over amicably to him when he is tired.

The problem in Africa has little to do with the leaders, Africa is home to the most stupid and shortsighted people in the planet. You do not fall into this category, neither do I. But the stupid majority overshadow the brilliant minority.

My opinion about the Arab spring is quoted below.

I was still in my third year in secondary school , a little boy, when the Arab spring started.

ALJAZEERA aired many untold stories and covered the contagious protests better than their CNN , BBC and AFP counterparts.

It was a trying time for Northern Africa when citizens marched in tens of hundreds and hundreds of thousands to take their fate and those of their generations unborn into their own hands.

The lively desert gained the world's attention , not because arm struggle or rebellion was alien to these undeterred agitators, but because from Cairo to Tunis to Tripoli and maybe Damascus the sounds from the streets and towers were freedom songs and proposals for the extinction of dictatorship in the volatile region...

The acclaimed dictators were ousted one after the other and my young mind achieved a sense of fulfillment especially as an unrelated climax was thrown in with the death of Al-Queda leader, Osama Bin ladin, in early 2011.

I listened to President Obama address parliaments across the world and the address of Westminster Hall, the mother of all parliaments, lingers in my mind till this moment. The themes were always the magna carter , freedom, self determination , liberty and democracy.

Whenever I drown in reminiscence of the beginning of the second decade of this century, I cannot but convince myself that stories and speeches are not innocent.

Libya is not peaceful today despite the promise and speeches. Unrestricted proliferation of armaments from that region has created more weapon channels for Islamists in the North East to acquire weapons. Though the North African regimes ended with violence and worse sectional leaders emerged , the war in Syria went on and on till today resulting in a refugee crises for Europe and a comfortable playing ground for ISIS.

At the end, just like birth and death, war is not evitable. For there to be peace , there must be war. This civilization is gradually fading...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ortom Playing Rwanda Game, We Can't Wait For Him To Be Out, Garba Shehu / Chiwetalu Agu: It Was A Movie Skit - NA / Akan Udofia Storms PDP Convention (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.