Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,758 members, 7,875,907 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:23 AM

Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today (940 Views)

My First And Second Cucumber Harvests / Man Harvests A Very Big Cassava. Photos / After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by SibaKeAkwaibom: 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
...As AKEES Drives Gov Udom's Food sufficiency Programme To The Climax

The Senior Special Assistant, Bureau of Technical Matters and Due Process, who also doubles as the Dean College of Aides to Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State, Elder Ufot Ebong has again proven the entire public wrong by harvesting many baskets of onion earlier today.

Many people believed agricultural produce like onion, tomato, cucumber and even water melon would not grow on the Akwa Ibom soil. But the agricultural activities of AKEES under the watch of Elder Ebong from 2016 till date, the greatest which is that of the onions today, has proven otherwise.

The harvest which took place at the Akwa Ibom Entrepreneurial Employment Scheme, AKEES farm in Ifiayong, Uruan LGA, is in line with Gov. Udom Emmanuel's zeal to stimulate food sufficiency in the state.

It could be recalled that Gov. Udom Emmanuel who in his second term inauguration speech in 2019 had avowed to alleviate the hike and seasonal scarcity of essential food products in the state, thereby stimulating food sufficiency. This, AKEES under the supervision of Elder Ebong this year cultivated tomato in a seven hectare of land which was a demo of the governor's pet project. During the scarcity and hike in the price of tomato in other states, the reverse was the case in Akwa Ibom. According to confirmed reports, the farm was able to pull out more than 22tons of tomato which positively affected the price and availability of same product across the state.

With the addition of onion to the already existing tomato farm, it therefore implies that the food sufficiency programme of the governor has reach it climax.

Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
wetin remain again.

Almajiri make una dey chop una onions o, perphas that would reduce the plate beggers up there
Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by thaoriginator: 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
Oya begin dey eat it grin
Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by Simplyleo: 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
One of the reasons I like Akwa Ibom is that they are very hardworking and they don't make useless inconsequential noise. Now, God has blessed them with a gov determined to to turn things around for good.

In addition to being the highest oil producing state, they are contributing immensely to the agricultural sector, yet they don't make noise.

Comparing this with some economic migrants, you will understand the exact meaning of parasites and leeches. undecided

1 Like

Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by SocialJustice: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Laudable. I only wish this is sustained. The south needs to produce its own food, especially cattle, onions and other important vegetables.
Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by extol1(m): 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
onion no dey belleful ooo. na rice we want. this is really good, thanks you
Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by HelpYourself(m): 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
Simplyleo:
One of the reasons I like Akwa Ibom is that they are very hardworking and they don't make useless inconsequential noise. Now, God has blessed them with a gov determined to to turn things around for good.

In addition to being the highest oil producing state, they are contributing immensely to the agricultural sector, yet they don't make noise.

Comparing this with some economic migrants, you will understand the exact meaning of parasites and leeches. undecided

Again this is very incitful and derailing

Mynd44 seun dominique OAM4J mukina2

I will keep flagging these comments until you guys act

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by doggedfighter(f): 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
grin
Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by xxxtedyxxx(m): 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
Pretty lady
Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by Mide3367: 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
Cool but na 1 acre o dey see there o shocked
Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by shariff84: 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
Mide3367:
Cool but na 1 acre o dey see there o shocked
I swear even my farm is times8 of that.i don't know what's the noise about because of this small farm

1 Like

Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by abidoye21722: 11:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
onion no dey belleful ooo. na rice we want.
this is really good, thanks you
Re: Breaking: A'ibom Govt Harvests Its Onions Today by layzie: 10:39am On Jan 16, 2021
Simplyleo:

Contributing immensely to agricultural sector?? With 1 acre of onions? Okay o.

(1) (Reply)

Coco Peat; A Planting Medium For Healthy Plants / Owode Idiroko, Ogun Vs Iseyin, Oke-ogun Area Of Oyo State Which Is Better / Final Membership Call For Abuja Youth Farmers Cooperative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.