Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,516 members, 7,881,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:24 AM

Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares (25088 Views)

Man Who Started Lagos Belongs To Igbos Has Been Exposed As Tinubu Supporter(Pix) / Now That Yorubas Claim Lagos Belongs To Yorubas, The FG Should Do The Following / "Hope Obi supporters Believe Now That Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas" - MC Oluomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 7:44am On Jan 17, 2021
TAO11:

Mrs fool, why are you agitated that your lies are being exposed? cheesy You became so insecure that you had to beg Nairalanders not to read my comment.

I feel your pain. grin

Having said that, I would have thought that even as a bald, sad, dumb, fugly, Bini pathological liar; you should still be able to imagine that I could possibly engage experts preparing a translating of any document (much less this less-than-two page statements) from any language into any language.

In fact, my translation of those statements pages was from two different bilingual French-English speakers who worked independently. Yes, I did that intentionally for control purposes.

Moving on to your fraudulent translation of the actual statements in question here, the original reads as follows:

le capitaine Horseley nous l’a appelée Eco, et c’est ainsi que la désignent les Yébous”.

And your fraudulent translation (with which you seek to veil an important and salient point) goes as follows:

"Captain Horseley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it"

In order to perpetuate your fraud, you shied away from giving the faithful contextual translation of the key word “désignent“.

You’re well aware that giving such faithful translation of this particular word will shatter your age-long Benin lies.

In other words, it would become plain to all and sundry that it was the Ijebus (not the Binis) who actually named Lagos as “Èkó”.

To veil this salient information, you rendered your translation of this specific statement as vaguely as you possible can.

No! One does not have to be a Professor of French or English or both before realizing that the faithful translation of this statement [considering the key French word “désignent”] is as follows:

Captain Horseley rendered it as Eco and that is how it was designated by the Yébous”.

Folks, notice that the key base-word here, is the word “designate”. Our fraudulent bald Bini friend is trying his level best to veil this salient point.

Yes, the Ijebus are the ones who “designated” [not merely “refer to”] the island as “Èkó”.

I pledge to continue to rubbish you all over Nairaland. See attached. cheesy

Cc: , Ideadoctor, gomojam, id2019, djevino, 9jamustchange, BornRicch, Ddaji, J111333, excanny, Mysticwebb, Yebosola, Derrylatei, AustineJohn908, Cashsteady, owobokiri, forgiveness, bularaz, TimeManager, kilonshele101, 8BitGee, Daum, edo3, RuggedSniper, hicomm17, lionshare, ekesol, Demogorgon, Rumxy, Paganizonda, gwafaeziokwu, NGPatriot, macof, MelesZenawi
I don't know Koname, the Lagos that i know is Èkó.

kiss the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TAO11(f): 7:54am On Jan 17, 2021
TimeManager:

I don't know Koname, the Lagos that i know is Èkó.

kiss the truth!
Lol.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Jostoman: 7:55am On Jan 17, 2021
helinues:
We have read

Next
Tinubu boy
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Balogunodua(m): 8:07am On Jan 17, 2021
gregyboy:

Are you telling how balaogunodua sex chat you online ooh please i need not hear it, keep it to yourself alone please

You're a Clown i will put down the more you keep dragging with me the more i drag you down the drain the more the better for me

You should know when to quit your lies

Benin-ife is a myth you fighting it is an advantage for me to spread it faster

TAO11... Now I understand what our deluded greyboy is trying to say...the bold translate to: you don't drag with pig so as not to be drag in the mud.....so greyboy is a pig grin please mind the way you drag with him grin

Aleast grey for the first time in history you said something reasonable... grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Balogunodua(m): 8:11am On Jan 17, 2021
Hehehehe... grin

The deluded Edo coward map miscreant guy finally deleted his account grin

Tao why Na....you just de torment this miscreants anyhow... grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 17, 2021
jneutron4000:
Aworis, Ijebus Own Lagos 100%. Am just saying that even the so called Benin kingdom, the first Oba of Benin which is Eweka, is a son of Oranmiyan from Ile Ife. Ile Ife Prince Oranmiyan lineage birth the so called Benin Empire and before Ashipa even stepped into Lagos, we already have the Dejo chiefs which are Elegushi, Aromire, Onitiwo, Olooto, Ijora etc, Edos knows Lagos is no their land, we just have some idiots in Yorubaland that spew trash at time just for stupid reasons grin. Lagos is surrounded by Ogun state within Nigeria and even by Yorubas in Benin Republic to the external border of Nigeria so how did the Benins passed Ijebus and Egbas to found Lagos? They are using names as references . Oshodi is not a Yoruba name but because a man from Tapa helped we the Yorubas to fight the British, Chief Oshodi Landuji was made Balogun by Oba Kosoko, Now there is nobody in Lagos state that do not know Oshodi even his generation are regarded in Lagos.

You're wrong. Benin empire started existing even before oranmiyan's parents were born. The ogisos/ogiso family ruled Benin, until they fell out of power and be in remained without a leader for a long period of time. Oranmiyan coming to lead can be likened to first, 2nd,3rd and fourth Republic of Nigeria. I'm trying to say that was the second Republic of Benin.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by jneutron4000: 8:40am On Jan 17, 2021
Plead:

You're wrong. Benin empire started existing even before oranmiyan's parents were born. The ogisos/ogiso family ruled Benin, until they fell out of power and be in remained without a leader for a long period of time. Oranmiyan coming to lead can be likened to first, 2nd,3rd and fourth Republic of Nigeria. I'm trying to say that was the second Republic of Benin.
That is bot true. Nothing like Benin before Oranmiyan came into that land. Eweka dynasty terminated the Ogisos dynasty. It used to be Idu/Igodomigodo and the Ogisos NEVER built any empire rather their Kingship is the just like the Odionweres system and they did not even expanded beyond their villages, it was Oranmiyan that brought about Benin and his Lineage built the Benin empire. Eweka dynasty was solidified after the Ekiokpagha treaty where his lineage started expanding. Go and read up the history of Ogisos dynasty, you will never hear anything world like Benin so how come the Ogisos rule Benin The Ogiso ruled Idu/Igodomigodo and Oranmiyan lineage terminated it and started the Benin empire which is Obaship dynasty. Was there any Ogioso starting from Ogiso Igodo down to Ogiso Owodo ever referred to as Oba Igodo or Oba Owodo?? After Oranmiyan came, they you have Oba Eweka, Oba Uwuakhuahen down to the current Oba Ewuare ii, he is not referred to as Ogiso Ewuare ii, so this things is clear my brother Benin empire/ Eweka dynasty started after Oranmiyan came into the land.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 8:46am On Jan 17, 2021
Plead:

[s]You're wrong. Benin empire started existing even before oranmiyan's parents were born. The ogisos/ogiso family ruled Benin, until they fell out of power and be in remained without a leader for a long period of time. Oranmiyan coming to lead can be likened to first, 2nd,3rd and fourth Republic of Nigeria. I'm trying to say that was the second Republic of Benin[/s].

This history you typed there was created after 1914 to unite all tribes in western region aa yoruba so the Oduduwa homogeneity was formed,

Oduduwa in Benin, or the oromiyan never existed in Benin history until after 1914

So while you are trying to debste on it never take it serious

You can visit my profile for more info

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ofemannnu: 9:00am On Jan 17, 2021
nocomment3:

Mr liar, quit pretending, you don't speak a word of french. stop playing expert in french language, you know nothing about french language and i speak it fluently. The translation still stands: "Captain Horseley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it"

i see you are back to your former business of writing extremely long essays full of lies. Obviously nobody is going to go through all that rubbsih except your gullible fans who won't even question anything you say.

I say it clearly, I don't have the energy nor the time to go through your extremely long post. The original text is less than five lines and so is its translation. But you managed to concoct a bunch of lies numbering more than 70 lines.

“le capitaine Horseley nous l’a appelée Eco*, et c’est ainsi que la désignent les Ijebus”.

Sorry sir,but did you learn French language in school at all?

'Designent' was translated to designate by Tao while you translated it to 'refer'...
Tao translation is correct and a lot of people reading this will know that you don't understand French language as does Tao.

We are enjoying these academical vituperations tremendously but you should up your analysis because Tao seem to be getting the upper hand.Kudos to both of you sha.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 17, 2021
Ofemannnu:

“le capitaine Horseley nous l’a appelée Eco*, et c’est ainsi que la désignent les Ijebus”.
Captain Horseley called it Eco and that is how the jebu refer to it.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 9:04am On Jan 17, 2021
jneutron4000:
That is bot true. Nothing like Benin before Oranmiyan came into that land. Eweka dynasty terminated the Ogisos dynasty. It used to be Idu/Igodomigodo and the Ogisos NEVER built any empire rather their Kingship is the just like the Odionweres system and they did not even expanded beyond their villages, it was Oranmiyan that brought about Benin and his Lineage built the Benin empire. Eweka dynasty was solidified after the Ekiokpagha treaty where his lineage started expanding. Go and read up the history of Ogisos dynasty, you will never hear anything world like Benin so how come the Ogisos rule Benin The Ogiso ruled Idu/Igodomigodo and Oranmiyan lineage terminated it and started the Benin empire which is Obaship dynasty. Was there any Ogioso starting from Ogiso Igodo down to Ogiso Owodo ever referred to as Oba Igodo or Oba Owodo?? After Oranmiyan came, they you have Oba Eweka, Oba Uwuakhuahen down to the current Oba Ewuare ii, he is not referred to as Ogiso Ewuare ii, so this things is clear my brother Benin empire/ Eweka dynasty started after Oranmiyan came into the land.

This history you typed there was created after 1914 to unite all tribes in western region aa yoruba so the Oduduwa homogeneity was formed,

Oduduwa in Benin, or the oromiyan never existed in Benin history until after 1914

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 17, 2021
jneutron4000:

Again you're wrong. Eweka dynasty didn't terminate the ogiso dynasty, they already fell out of power before oranmiyan came to Benin, got into a relationship with a princess there and started ruling them and the people loved his ways.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 17, 2021
gregyboy:

Unfortunately for you, I don't believe in conspiracy theories.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 17, 2021
OK, everybody including yoruba. Tao is a liar. I have proven it several times especially on page 20.
Tao is a champion liar without shame, each senetence tao makes is a lie and that is a record which I never observed before. I guess that that is where you can see that tao is a woman. Women are known to have less moral standards when it comes to being dishonnest and telling lies.
So anybody reading tao is just wasting his time. So to tao's yoruba fans, what tao is saying may be pleasing to your ears, but you are only wasting your precious time by reading her pile of lies. You can't even repeat them to anybody with half a brain, it will only make you look like a fool. Tao doesn't care about exposing her foolishness and her brainlessness. What we have here is a female frustrated troll who believes she is somehow fighting Benin men by typing on a keybord.
I have already wasted 2 days responding to this crazy biatch.
I have a life and responsabilities, as it is right now I am late on a project of mine.
I can't keep responding.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 17, 2021
I have never seen anybody who would make 80 sentences and have all of his sentences to be lies, except tao who breaks that record as if it were too easy. The best liars I had seen before would makes 4 sentences and 1 of the sentences would be a lie. Not tao, 100% lie, that is what tao does. Tao doesn't stain her "work" with truth, just straight into lies. This reinforces the reputation which the yorubas have: being liars.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ofemannnu: 9:13am On Jan 17, 2021
nocomment3:

Captain Horseley called it Eco and that is how the jebu refer to it.

Designent means designate,sir..
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 17, 2021
Ofemannnu:

Designent means designate,sir..

No actually this is french, not english, i happen to speak it, you don't.
You can't take words out of their context. And as I have already told you, here is the translation:

"Captain Horseley called it Eco and that is how the jebu refer to it."

Besides, the author doesn't witness any naming ceremony, so you guys need to stop being ridiculous. It is very simple.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 9:19am On Jan 17, 2021
Plead:

Unfortunately for you, I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

Funny enough you're already believing in it,

Why not search for old European documented that acknowledged the benin and ife relationship if indeed it existed before 1914

Or if you bring me Achaeological evidence benin and ife had a relationship before 1914

I will show you European text supporting benin-ijebu relationships

Benin-eshan
Benin-itsekiri
Benin - anioma
Benin-eko

Which are fully europeanly documented

You see the benin and ife over 400yrs between benin and European contact they never saw Benin relationship with ife

Neither can you find archeological evidence from both ife or Benin suppirting a once had relationship

We can see archeological evidence between benin and Owo with proves

Young man youre simply circulating a conspiracy history invented after the creation of Nigeria to unite benin with yoruba family of Oduduwa things got soared and Benin decided to rewrite the false history in their favour, saying Oduduwa came from benin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2021
nocomment3:
"...George Robertson, like him, tells us about Jaboo of which he had seen several traders in Lagos. He considers this country as a vassal to Benin between lagos and Rio-Fermoso"

So jebu was a vassal to Benin !
So cross dresser you missed this one !

Page 28

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 17, 2021
tao the liar is attacking me for only translating what is written in the book. I am not giving my opinion, i am saying what is written in the book. Attacking me won't change reality. the book makes it clear, jebou was a vassal to Benin.
This explains why there were many jebou traders in Lagos (a part of Benin). this also explains why Benin didn't see it as a problem for jebou to occupy the narrow piece of land linking Lagos to the rest of Benin.

just common sense.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 17, 2021
That book contains a lot of information. I think I am going to read it in full.
As the book keeps confirming, Benin was the regional superpower. The book is not even about Benin, it is about Jebou, yet it mentions Benin so much that the casual observer might assume the book is about Benin.

The book:
https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k62093119/f11.image.r=Yebou

This is how it is done, I posted everything for everybody to be able to make his personal independent verifications. I make that easy to my friends and to my "foes". I have nothing to hide unlike the scam artist and champion liar tao and her click who always hide whatever they claim to quote. By the way they even hid this very same book when they quoted it earlier, this book which I was the first person to post to naiaraland. they hid it and kept telling lies about what it said.

The fact the book clearly said that Lagos belongs to Benin was ommitted by tao and christistruth00, instead they kept trying to make it look as if Benin was like a guest in lagos and restricted to a small peace of land in lagos... Scam artists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Tobrasky: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2021
So after all this long epistles, essays, PowerPoint presentations, historical jagbajantis and thesis writing... na who come get Lagos?

For my Bini brothers remember say no be person wey first enter land dey get case for ownership ... I'm sure there were indigenous people/aborigines that you met in Eko if your claim that you were there before the Yorubas is true... If that be the case; who were these indigenous people in question? and which language did they speak etc

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 17, 2021
Tobrasky:
So after all this long epistles, essays, PowerPoint presentations, historical jagbajantis and thesis writing... na who come get Lagos?
Lagos is proven to be a part of benin.
Right now Lagos is a part of nigeria.

List of countries which owned lagos, in chronological order:

1) Benin
2) Britain
3) Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Westtimeline: 9:49am On Jan 17, 2021
Tobrasky:

For my Bini brothers remember say no be person wey first enter land dey get case for ownership ... I'm sure there were indigenous people/aborigines that you met in Eko if your claim that you were there before the Yorubas is true... If that be the case; who were these indigenous people in question? and which language did they speak etc
Let them keep fooling themselves.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 17, 2021
Tobrasky:

Don't ask absurd questions. Nobody can do time travel to answer your questions.
There is absoluteley no proof that Benin met people in Lagos when Benin was taking ownership of Lagos. the year Benin took ownership of Lagos is not even available. What makes you think Lagos wasn't always inhabitated by Benin or that it wasn't just a wild land with no human beings when Benin soldiers took over ?
Let us stop speculating and asking questions with no anwsers. the only thing which is proven is that lagos belongs to Benin, end of story.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by jneutron4000: 9:54am On Jan 17, 2021
Plead:

Again you're wrong. Eweka dynasty didn't terminate the ogiso dynasty, they already fell out of power before oranmiyan came to Benin, got into a relationship with a princess there and started rolling them and the people loved his ways.
Nothing like fell out of power, there are situations around the world where people fight for throne and leaving it vacant, so why did they had to continue with a new system of Obaship? Why not continue with the Ogisos system
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by jneutron4000: 9:55am On Jan 17, 2021
[s]
gregyboy:

[/s]
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 17, 2021
To the yorubas who believe that they currently own lagos. You guys are fooling yorselves.
You are not a country unlike the proven owners of lagos (Benin then britain then nigeria).
You are only migrants to lagos (for those of you who live in lagos) just like the igbo are.
And if you keep basing your talk on your population size within Lagos, I would have you remember that Lagos has a huge number of haussa, a huge number of igbo, a huge number of any tribe in nigeria and even a huge number of tribes from outside nigeria. you may have the highest population within lagos compared to other groups within lagos, but you are far from being the majority within lagos. I stand to be corrected.

lagos saw a great influx of persons because of its rapid developpement and because of the fact it were the capital of Nigeria. The great increase of lagos in population has made it the largest city in africa and one of the 5 largest in the world. that same increase in population is the reason the capital was moved to abuja.
Also, yoruba, nobody is scared of you, stop making silly threats which only make people pity you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Westtimeline: 9:58am On Jan 17, 2021
nocomment3:
tao the liar is attacking me for only translating what is written in the book. I am not giving my opinion, i am saying what is written in the book. Attacking me won't change reality. the book makes it clear, jebou was a vassal to Benin.
This explains why there were many jebou traders in Lagos (a part of Benin). this also explains why Benin didn't see it as a problem for jebou to occupy the narrow piece of land linking Lagos to the rest of Benin.

just common sense.
Do the Benin not own ondo too. Tell me something.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Westtimeline: 9:59am On Jan 17, 2021
nocomment3:

Don't ask absurd questions. Nobody can do time travel to answer your questions.
There is absoluteley no proof that Benin met people in Lagos when Benin was taking ownership of Lagos. the year Benin took ownership of Lagos is not even available. What makes you think Lagos wasn't always inhabitated by Benin or that it wasn't just a wild land with no human beings when Benin soldiers took over ?
Let us stop speculating and asking questions with no anwsers. the only thing which is proven is that lagos belongs to Benin, end of story.
You lack knowledge of history
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 17, 2021
Westtimeline:
Do the Benin not own ondo too. Tell me something.
I have posted several precolonial maps, take a look for yourself and get to your conclusion.
To the best of my recollection, the answer is yes.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 10:01am On Jan 17, 2021
jneutron4000:
[s][/s]

You really dont even know whst to say,

All i see now is ego defending grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (35) (Reply)

Atiku: "Darkness Awaits Us If We Do Nothing About These Attacks..." / Sanwo-Olu Visits Opebi Maryland Ojota Link Bridge Project (Pictures) / Ehie Edison Sworn-In As Governor Fubara's Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.