Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,751 members, 7,905,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:15 PM

A Man Has Over $200 Million Worth Of Bitcoin, But Forgot The Password To Access - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Man Has Over $200 Million Worth Of Bitcoin, But Forgot The Password To Access (512 Views)

Stripe Acquires Nigeria’s Paystack For $200 Million To Expand Into Africa / Dangote Sold A Loss Making Business For $200 Million, Bought It Back For $1 / Union Bank Secures $200 Million OPIC Funding For Smes And Women Initiatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Has Over $200 Million Worth Of Bitcoin, But Forgot The Password To Access by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
NYT: A man has over $200 million worth of Bitcoin, but he forgot the password to access it

A man has a digital wallet of Bitcoin apparently worth over $200 million.

But he forgot the password to access the fortune.

He saved the password on an old hard drive, but the device only allows 10 wrong password attempts before preventing further access.

He has two attempts left. The New York Times reported he lost the paper that had the password.

Stefan Thomas, a programmer in San Francisco, acquired 7,002 Bitcoins in 2011, the newspaper reported.

"A lot of people are offering various solutions," Thomas told KGO-TV. "Everything from the silly — one person suggested, have you tried the word password? So that was one."

But he said he's made peace with possibly never getting access to the fortune.

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Over $200 Million Worth Of Bitcoin, But Forgot The Password To Access by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
Like seriously

Are they serious or just messing around

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Man Has Over $200 Million Worth Of Bitcoin, But Forgot The Password To Access by Zealoy(m): 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Thats was how I forgot $0.50 in my wallet since 2017, thank God I recovered my password to see the sum of $15 there

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Over $200 Million Worth Of Bitcoin, But Forgot The Password To Access by olenyi: 8:25pm On Jan 16, 2021
This must be a joke right?
Re: A Man Has Over $200 Million Worth Of Bitcoin, But Forgot The Password To Access by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
i smell lies
Re: A Man Has Over $200 Million Worth Of Bitcoin, But Forgot The Password To Access by Mide3367: 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
Paxxcarl:
i smell lies
your nose don spoil. It is true o

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sell To 1,000s Of Whatsapp Users With This Free Tool / Solar Products...contact Us / How To Open A Nigerian Paypal Account That Can Send And Receive Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.