Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,875 members, 7,952,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:11 PM

Series:03-2021 - The Voice In The Wilderness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Series:03-2021 - The Voice In The Wilderness (133 Views)

What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness / Nigerian Imam Converts To Christianity After Hearing the Voice of Jesus / I Hear The Voice Of The Trumpet About To Sound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Series:03-2021 - The Voice In The Wilderness by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
The Voice in the Wilderness
Series: 03-2021

The Children of GOD
1. Who are the children of GOD?
Am I a child of GOD because I am a creation of GOD? (Genesis 1:27)
Am I a child of GOD because of the name that I bear e.g., James, Peter, Mary, Rhoda etc?
Am I a child of GOD because I go to a place of worship and belong to a denomination?
Am I a child of GOD because I am a pastor, preacher, prophet, general overseer etc?
Am I a child of GOD because I sing in the local church choir, or an usher or a Sunday school teacher/secretary etc?
Am I child of GOD because I speak in tongues, prophesy, perform miracles etc?
Am I child of GOD because I am a moralist?
All the above attributes and other similar attributes are good qualities but none of these is adequate to qualify anyone as a child of GOD.
You may perform miracles, do many wonders and prophesy but still not be a child of GOD. Simon mesmerised the people of Samaria with his sorcery and was regarded by the Samaritans as “the great one – the power of GOD” (Acts 8:9-10), but he was far from the kingdom of GOD (Acts 8:18-23). The young lady who spoke of Paul and Silas as “the servants of the most high GOD, which shew unto us the way of salvation” was correct in her prophesy but was not a child of GOD. She was speaking via the spirit of divination (Acts 16:16-18).

2. A true child of GOD
Children of GOD are those who are born-again: those born of the Spirit and have the HOLY SPIRIT indwelling them (John 3-5; Romans 8:9, 14, 16)
Children of GOD are citizens of GOD’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13; Philippians 3:20) and therefore obey the laws of the kingdom of God (John 8:31-32; 1 John 2:3-5)
Due to their being children of the kingdom, the children of GOD will not love the world nor will they align with its lifestyles (Matthew 6:24; James 4:4; 1 John 5:15-17; John 15:18-20; Romans 12:2; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18)
Children of GOD are spiritually minded and mind the things of the Spirit (Romans 8:5-10; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:25).

3. Conclusion
Those who are children of GOD are those who are born-again and live in accordance with GOD's word and submit to the HOLY SPIRIT's leading (Romans 8:14).
They live consciously in GOD's holy presence: trusting Him for grace to overcome the desires of the flesh in order to accomplish GOD's will in their lives (Titus 2:11-14)
It is impossible to live in accordance with the sinful nature and at the same time live in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16-17; 1 John 1:5-7)
If anyone fails to resist by the power of the HOLY SPIRIT, his or her sinful desires but on the contrary yields to the sinful nature makes himself or herself an enemy of GOD (James 4:4; Romans 8:7-cool. Such persons should expect both spiritual and eternal deaths (Romans 6:23; Romans 2:5-10).
My brothers and my sisters, think about all you have read in this message. Let us examine ourselves and see whether we are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5).

GOD bless you.

@brother Michael Dike

(1) (Reply)

Lack Of Understanding Of One Another / The 7 Mysteries. / Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts – Make Room - Season 8 Episode 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.